Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Learning to Love You ❯ Trust Me ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Well, I still do not own FF7.

________________________________________________________
Sometimes late at night

I lie awake and watch her sleeping

She's lost in peaceful dreams

So I turn out the lights and lay there in the dark

And the thought crosses my mind

If I never wake up in the morning

Would she ever doubt the way I feel

About her in my heart

If tomorrow never comes

Will she know how much I loved her

Did I try in every way to show her every day

That she's my only one

And if my time on earth were through

And she must face the world without me

Is the love I gave her in the past

Gonna be enough to last

If tomorrow never comes

'Cause I've lost loved ones in my life

Who never knew how much I loved them

Now I live with the regret

That my true feelings for them never were revealed

So I made a promise to myself

To say each day how much she means to me

And avoid that circumstance

Where there's no second chance to tell her how I feel

So tell that someone that you love

Just what you're thinking of

If tomorrow never comes

If tommorow never comes-Garth Brooks

___________________________________________

Chapter 18

-trust me-

_________

Crushing his cigarette Cid stood, pushing away from the table. "What the fuck do you mean, one of Hojo's experiments is going to help us?!?! What the hell is going on?!"

"Nice to see you again, Mr. Highwind." A soft, yet cold voice echoed through the air from the platform of the upstairs, steps. Silver hair glittering in the dim light.

Turning around quickly at the sound of the voice, mouth slightly agape. "You?! Fucking hell, why didn't you fucking say so, you're fucking self?! Trying to give me a heart-attack?!" Pilot Highwind bellowed, digging into his pocket as if in search for something. "Where the hell is it?!" Looking through another hidden pocket he produced a small metal case and, tossed it over. "Here."

A small smirk like smile arouse on her pale cheeks, "I was wondering if you still had these, smoke them all?"

"Fuck, uh, they're all there..." Cid nodded, with some certainty.

"Nice to see you again." Shera spoke, looking towards Lucia, who nodded and smiled the best she could.

Tifa smiled, "You three know each other?"

Shera nodded,

"Damn straight. Met back when the shitty-ass Shinra was still popular." Highwind said with a nod, drinking his coffee, and lighting another.

"What do you propose we do, Miss. Almasy?" Cloud asked, initiating the meeting.

Taking a breath she turned away from the group, "Head in there tonight, after dusk. It is located under Costa Del' Sol, there is a small entrance that I will show you when we arrive. From there we head down the a metal shoot, it's cold." Pause. "Don't ask me why, but I do advise you to where warm clothing down it. "Turning to the group she paused, yet again. "Further more, Professor Kandor should be in room 739BD, sleeping or reading. Frontal attack Team A, kill, while group B takes ...Mrs. Valentine, to room 820BZ." Pause. "Both teams will meet in that room. Understood?"

Leaning back, his arms crossed over his chest, "I take it, you have thought about this before?" Cloud said, with slight sarcasm.

"Humph." Lucia said, muttering something and walking back upstairs, Mr. Valentine following.

"Lucia." Vincent addressed walking into the room where she sat across from the unconscious, pale woman.

"I failed her, and her mother. Yuffie, didn't even get to know who her real mother was.." A3X spoke, her voice choking as she spoke.

Walking over swiftly, he placed a soft hand onto his wife's cheek, running his thumb across slowly, tears filling his scarlet eyes. "You didn't fail her. Yuf's will wake up, I know she will." Vincent Valentine assured.

A small sigh escaped her lips, "You truly love her, don't you? This wasn't just a marriage, as Lord Godo told, me." Lucia Ice Almasy said softly, gazing at the two with tired eyes. "Tell me, do you love her, I mean, truly love her."

Caught off guard, yet with some expectance, he turned, gazing back and forth between the two women, then back to A3X. Sighing with defeat he nodded lightly, "Yes." Pause. "I promise you, I'll do anything to make her live again, just to see the smile on her face in the morning, how she beams with utter delight when someone even mentions Materia..." Pause. "How I can't bear never to hear her voice again..." Saying this Vincent choked, as he collapsed on the floor beside the bed, tears falling freely down his face, yet silent.

Staring at him, no expression visible she nodded, and stood. "Do not worry Mr. Valentine. She will awake tonight," Pausing she looked at him, as his eyes stared at hers searching fro the answer she had. "Trust me. Yuffie will be alright." 'Even if it costs me, my life.' Lucia said, then thought, giving a small smile before exiting the room.

*

_________________________________________________________ < p>*

TBC

*

___________________________________

Author's Note

________________

Well, what do you think? Hmm… Hope it is going okay, next chapter will probably be pretty long, maybe, hopfully at least! Anyway, please Review!