Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Learning to Love You ❯ Mission Part One ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Well, I still do not own FF7.

________________________________________________________

____ _______________________________________

Chapter 19

-Mission Part 1-

_________

Evening soon fell upon the group, the midnight sky glistening with bright stars. A shade of light blue looking clouds slowly drifting across, as the moon shone brightly onto the Highwind deck.

"Hey shit-heads, get ready, we are almost in Costa Del' Sol." Cid grumbled flipping off the switch to the intercom of the large flying ship.

*

Standing quietly, her long silver and brown hair swinging back and forth lightly as she walked towards the bridge. Dark eyes stared at the floor, deep in thought. 'The destruction of Master Nadrol should be easy. .... I just hope.' Lucia thought, as she bumped into a taller, smoking man.

"Hey, hey, watch were your fucking goi-" Pausing as he glanced to her eyes. "You're thinking too much again. ...So, tell me what the hell your thinking." Cid asked, inhaling deeply from his cigarette and exhaling handing it to her.

Taking the lit death trap she closed her eyes breathing in a deep drag, handing it back as she exhaled slowly. "It's nothing. Just worried." A3X spoke, glancing to him, giving a false smile. "Mr. Valentine, truly loves her, no?"

"Yeah, the Vampyre loves her. Would probably take a million years before admitting it though." Pausing he let out a bitter chuckle. "Those two... never thought they would, fucking care for each other, that way." Highwind spoke then kissed her forehead, "See you on the deck." The pilot finished walking off, grumbling something about finding another pack of cigarettes as the airship landed roughly against the ground.

Continuing down the hall she reached the metal doors, inside rested Yuffie, with her husband by her side waiting patiently, and hoping. Waving her hand the doors slid open, stepping in. "Valentine, grab Yuffie, and head to the deck. Make sure to have death penalty at reach." Lucia ordered then exited the room heading for the deck herself.

*

"This way." A3X commanded as they stood near the entrance to Costa Del' Sol. With the others following closely behind they strode to the right of the entrance, and snuck down a small path leading to a sewer drain. "Cid, Cloud you two will go down here with Reeve," Turning to the black haired man, she smirked. "You know the way to the room, i am guessing?"

Nodding Reeve confirmed. "Yes."

"Good, now show them there, and then meet Vincent and Yuffie in the lab. I will head to Team A (Cloud, Tifa, and Cid)'s location after settling in Team B (Vincent, and Yuffie). Move out." 'Ice Almasy spoke, then motioned for the man in the red cape, with a unconscious, pale Yuffie to follow, as she head farther down the path, to a set of stairs.

*

Tifa groaned as she treaded through the mucky water, all the while fighting off small piranha like fishes swimming through. "How many more of these fish are down here?! We have gone through at leave five hundred. Besides, Reeve, where is this room we are heading too?"

Taking a glance over to the obviously tired, and stressed woman Reeve pointed towards a door hidden in the steel barriers around them. "Through there and towards the right, make sure to stay low, and don't speak, everything, even whispers echo in there. You are to wait till A3X arrives there. I have a feeling she would like in on the action." Finishing his speech the former Shinra employee groaned as they engaged into another fight of people-eating piranhas. "This is going to be a long night."

*

"How much farther?" A cold monotone voice asked as he held his wife close to him as they walked down another long hallway, made of steel. The air bitter, and cold as they appeared at a staircase leading up.

Walking up the stairs, quietly, they made their way towards a metal box-like entry. "We go down this. Make sure to hold onto Yuffie tightly its a steep drop." Lucia said as she opened the hatch, misty air sweeping past them as they gazed into the shoot.

Situating himself into the tunnel-like entry, gripping the woman in his arms tightly he leaned back letting them quickly start plummeting downwards, the coldness of the steel not even noticed as they picked up speed, the darkness in the tunnel becoming brighter as they reached a small lit exit that they soon fell out of, into a large tank filled with what looked like a dull-glowing, translucent, silver jelly-liquid. Struggling they moved through the compound finally reaching a small staircase.

A gushing sound, and groan sounded behind them as Lucia landed into the goop. "I guess I forgot to mention this." She groaned again pushing her self to the stairs beside the two.

Red eyes widened slightly as he looked at the room slightly below him. Tall death-trap looking machines, large cables and wires surrounding everything, more or so looking like a running steel mess. "What are all these, contraptions?" Vincent questioned, frowning as they made their way down a latter, his artificial claw holding on Yuffie's gel soaked body tightly.

"Professor Nadrol's 'Materia-compound-extracting system'," Almasy inquired, waving her hand as to point to the machines. "The gel-liquid we collided into was the result of a ice Materia extract."

"He does all this down here? Why?" Valentine asked, slightly curious.

"Using the extracts of certain Materia, it somehow can make it possible to alter living-human's blood, to withhold the mechanisms that he uses to resurrect newly-dead humans. In other words, what Hojo did to you, after he killed you, can be done to Living humans, without killing them in the process." A3X, Lucia Ice Almasy spoke shaking her head, and frowning. "Also, he can add demon's like Chaos to living humans..."

A look of disgust was evident on the gun-mans face, before looking back at her. "I have another question." Vincent asked, staring into her deep pools of dark brown, filled with anger, and pain beyond belief. "How do you know all this? And, why, how do you look like, Sephiroth?"

"That would be two questions, Valentine." Pause, with an amused smirk coming from both. "No, don't worry, I am not entirely related to the deceased General. I'll explain later, with everyone present. As for what I know, it is due to Kandor, he talks in his sleep." Shrugging she half laughed, "Set Yuffie down on that cot over on the left, while I wait for Reeve outside the doors." Heading for the door she stopped. "Be silent, the halls outside this door, echo, even whispers." Lucia spoke then opened the door and slipped out quietly.

*
*

_________________________________________________________ < p>*

TBC

*

___________________________________

Author's Note

________________

Well, what do you think? I know it was boring but, it's getting back to the good stuff soon. At least what I consider good stuff. Anyway, please Review!