Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Moment's in life ❯ Part one:Chapter nine ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n: oh yeah well I've got a couple hours of sleep and I'm feelin' great. So I've consulted my story Ideas book and I know exactly what's gonna go down. Yeah I have a notebook full of story ideas and they include this story. Yep everything it planned out. Thanks to all who reviewed. Al don't worry about me I haven't had a good sleep in a long time so insomnia is pretty normal for me my average sleep time is about 4 hours. I'll be fine. Dark dragon 00 man your persistent with the compliments not that I mind though. Oh and just to say this to anyone who reads my author's notes. Go buy some of those chocolate fudge pop tarts that you can freeze…there really good.

Part one

Chapter nine

Return of a broken man

"Good finally we're done." Cloud said setting down the freshly sharpened titanium blade.


"I vote we give ourselves a nice long vacation." Tifa said leaning back in her chair.


"Ok then grab yourself a handful of blades, I should get these over there before that guy comes to kill me." Cloud said carefully wrapping his arms around some of the blades. A tall young man wearing a white lab coat and glasses answered the door of the shinra masion.


"May I help you?" he asked.


"Yeah you ordered these titanium blades." Cloud said shoving the blades in his hands.


"Oh happy day you finished these just in time, here is your gil kids." The scientist said as he threw a bag of gil to cloud. He shut the door and cloud threw the bag of gil to Tifa.


"Well I am ready to go home." Cloud said closing the shinra gate behind him. The thick growl of a old truck was heard riding into town.


"Hey I know that sound…that's my father's truck!" Tifa said looking in the direction of the truck. Sure as shit is was him driving sloppily into town. That ominous aura returned and so did the slight sickness in his stomach.


"HE-Y where's my little girl?" Mr. Lockhart said stepping out of his truck with his arms wide. Tifa ran to him and was engulfed in a big hug. Cloud frowned at this sight.


"Whatsa matter cloudy, not happy to see me?" he said with a evil glint in his tired bloodshot eyes. Cloud gave him the dirtiest look he had with in him.


"I missed you papa." Tifa said burring her face in his shirt.


"Aww I missed you too baby" he said squeezing her tighter. Eventually her father let go.


"Well cloud I thank you for taking care of my daughter, but I think I can take it from here." He said putting his hands on cloud's shoulders.


"So Tifa you go fetch your things from wherever you was staying and I'll go take a bath then we can go spent some time together." He suggested.


"Alright!' she exclaimed happily watching him walk off towards their house.


"Isn't this great cloud now thing can go back to how they used to be." She exclaimed happily doing a small dance.


"Tifa…I know it's not really my place, but I think your father changed for the worst did you even manage to get a whiff of him." Cloud said quietly as he wrinkled his nose.


"So he's been drinking a little what man in his right mind doesn't after he's suffered a lose." She said as cloud's words took her mood down a notch. With that she took off to get her stuff from cloud's house.


"Whatever you say Tifa." Cloud said with a sigh that sounded more similar to a snort.


$#@%#@%^%&*^&#$#@!!%$#^%$*&*&&^%$#^%$# @$#@^%#&^&^%$^%#&^^


As Tifa dragged a bag of groceries into the house she found her father pouring a drink for himself.


"Hey what took you so long." He said taking a long drink out of a booze bottle.


"You shouldn't do that." Tifa said timidly at the amount he was drinking. It had been a week since he father had come back and he still persisted in his drinking habits. He spent almost all night at the bar and when he did come home he didn't do it quietly.


"What place do you have to tell me what not to do?" he said angrily throwing the bottle on the ground.

"I'm sorry" she said giving him a bow as she set the groceries on the table.


"Yeah, yeah did you get the bourbon I asked for?" he said in a lighter tone of voice.


"Yes papa." She said. The sat at the table and stared at he blankly for several minutes while he drank his drink. Tifa could feel his eyes burning a whole into her back. Cloud was right he had changed.


"I'm going to the bar have dinner ready when I get back." He said forcefully heading outside into the rain. Tifa had started to prepare dinner when cloud slipped through the door.


"So since he's going to the bar. I take it my apprenticeship is a nixed." Cloud said looking out the window at the broken man stumbling towards the bar.


"Yeah it seems that way." She sighed as she put the bottles of liquor in a cabinet.


"You were right cloud." She said after awhile in a defeated voice.


"About what?" he queried


"You know about him having changed for the worst. I wonder if that robber knows how much damage he caused our family." She asked turning her back from cloud back to the stove as she shed a couple tears.


"It's alright Tifa, wounds always heal with time, right?" he said putting a comforting hand on her shoulder as he heard her sob.


"I suppose your right. Everything heals with time no matter how bad." She said wiping her face free of the tears grip.


"We should get this glass swept up" cloud said as he grabbed a broom and dustpan and gracefully swept up the shards near Tifa's feet. He strongly tried to keep his attention on the glass and not to trying to look up Tifa's shirt as he bent down to sweep the shards into the dustpan.