Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Moment's in life ❯ Part one:Chapter twelve ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: the weird thing is I really want to play that game now. But I'm saving my money because tomorrow I'm going to this flea market and I'm going to find myself a cool new weapon to add my collection. Thank you to all reviewers expecailly since you review very frequently. Now I wish I had never read that webpage because then I just would have played the game and I just wouldn't have known. Ok from now on if I bring that subject up again beat me with a stick reviewers. Ok.

Part one

Chapter twelve

Hurry up it's cold!

Cloud walked around rocket town. He wasn't lost since rocket town was a relatively small village. Cloud was just trying to find the right way to approach the shinra booth were several young men were lined up. He decided it was better just to stay in line and follow by example. The man in front of him had spiky black hair and was leaning on the both smugly.


"Yo shinra guy give me the forms for soldier." He said leaning on the wooden booth.


"Name?" the soldier said dully.


"Zak Loinheart (shrug first name that popped into my mind)" Zak said smugly.


"Take these forms and fill them out." The soldier said laying five forms on the desk. Zak went and filled them out and cloud stepped up.


"Let me guess SOLDIER?" the man said laying forms for him on the counter. Cloud nodded his head.


"Name?"


"Cloud Strife." Cloud said plainly. The soldier passed the forms and a pen to him and he went over and filled them out. Cloud quickly turned in the forms and hurried out of town. He only had 5 hours to get back to nibelhiem and his chocobo was already tired.

5 and half hours later


Cloud sat outside on the well. Tifa was supposed to meet him there a half an hour ago. It was a relatively cold autumn night.


"Man I wish went in to change first." Cloud said rubbing his arms.


"Sorry I'm late. You said you wanted to talk about something?" Tifa said climbing up the well and sitting next to him.

"Come this spring... I'm leaving this town for Midgar." Cloud said not really knowing the right way to say it.

"Everyone's leaving town" Tifa said sadly.

"But I'm different from all of them. I'm not just going to find a job. I want to join

"SOLDIER. I'm going to be the best there is, just like Sephiroth!" cloud said proudly.

"I believe you can do it." Tifa said slightly smiling.


"I've heard that before." Cloud said smirking.

" ...I probably won't be able to come back to this town for a while." Cloud said watching Tifa climb up the well.

"Will you be in the newspapers if you do well?" she asked from her place above him.

"I'll try." He said quietly.

"Hey, why don't we make a promise? Umm, if you get really famous and I'm ever in a bind...... You come save me, all right?" Tifa said staring at the stars.

"What?" he asked looking around for where she went.

"Whenever I'm in trouble, my hero will come and rescue me." She said from her spot laying flat on top of the well.

"What?" he said again

"Come on--! Promise me----!" she said

"All right... I promise." He said laughing a little.


"It's not funny!" she said. Months went by and it came time for cloud to leave. Cloud sat at the edge of town waiting for his truck to come.


"It here yet." Tifa said from behind him.


"No…not yet." Cloud said.


"You know pops and me are going to miss ya." She said smiling.


"Yeah I know what are you going to do with out me." He said sarcastically. Tifa hit him then she heard the pounding of rock music and a speeding truck approaching. The truck screeched to a halt and the same spiky haired boy that had been at rocket town waved him over.


"Well I'll see you." Cloud said grinning widely.


"It better be soon." See yelled after him as he hopped into the truck. Cloud waved as the truck sped away.


"I miss him already." She sighed.


In the truck


"Sooo that pretty lady is she your girl" Zak said punching him in the arm.


"What! Oh no, no she just my old bosses daughter." Cloud said staring back at the fading nibelhiem.


"Oh so that's it bosses daughter!" one of the other men that were situated in the back said.


"It's not like that!" cloud a said putting his hands out in front of him.


"Chill dude I we're just messing with you." Zak said laughing.


"My name Zak. He luzzu. That fellow is Locke, and the guy driving is kotaro (onimusha YAY!). What's yours?" Zak said introducing the other men in the truck.


"Cloud." Cloud said plainly.


"That's a funny name." Locke said laughing a little.


"Tch so is Locke." Zak said laughing back at him.

A/N: yes I did take some of the dialogue from the game. I would like to thank Okong from gamefaq.com.