Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Moment's in life ❯ Part three: Chapter thirty ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: uhh well anyway chapter 30! W00t. has anyone else noticed that this is slowly turning into a yuffitine story too…god I tried to steer away for it but hey. I really like the pairing. This will be pretty much dedicated to it..er..kinda.

Vincent sat on a barrel outside the tent. He rolled a velvet box around in his palm. Vincent was always one to be tactical but this was slightly ridiculous. Someone had told him once that he need to loosen up and just go with the flow. In fact almost everyone in his life had told him that. Maybe if he had listened things would have been differently. Vincent grunted and hastily stuffed the box in his pocket. He had scolded himself over and over for thinking such senseless thoughts. Vincent had never been this nervous in his life. He had fastened his cape so tight around his face it was almost smothering. Vincent put on his cool exterior and strolled into the tent. No one paid to much attention to him as he strolled over to the bed that had been dubbed his. Yuffie luckily enough was sitting in a chair swinging her legs and looking at the floor. Vincent scooted closer to her.'


"Bored?" he calmly whispered to her as he leaned back slightly. Yuffie stared happily at him like she always did.


"You have no idea! All it's been all day is sit here and watch them. The highlight of my day so far has been laughing at cloud's denseness." Yuffie said slightly irritated as she continued t stare at him with her dark gray eyes that were always alit with a certain brightness.


"Would a walk peak your interest?" Vincent asked smirking though you couldn't tell because of his cape.


"If that means would I like to go on a walk with you?" Yuffie said mocking confusion

"then yes." She stood up and pulled him out of the tent.


"I tell you young people have all the luck." cid scoffed at the flapping cloth doorway.


"Tch don't I know it!" reeve retorted at him looking up from some paperwork he was doing.

Vincent walked next to Yuffie as they exited the area and walked up toward a hill.


"So vinnie what did you buy with all that money?" Yuffie asked him probingly. Vincent looked pleasantly befuddled.


"Oh what would I do with all that money? I donated it to charity." Vincent said pleasantly laying down his cape for them to sit on.


"Your kidding right!" Yuffie said starring fitfully at his unreadable expression.


"I kid, I kid!" he said laughing half-heartedly.


"So what did you do today?" Vincent asked her while her nonchalantly laid down on his cape staring at the sky that glinted purple because of the setting sun.


"Well…" Yuffie started putting one finger up to her chin in a pondering manner. "First you left, then I watched reeve and Nanaki get their butts kicked at poker, than cloud came in in his towel, and then you came back!" she ended with a sigh plopping down next to him on his cape.


"Now seriously what did you buy?" she asked inquisitively turning her head to look at his face.


"Me! Well I bought…a watch! Yes that's it, a watch!" Vincent said smirking.


"Lair!" she said as she playfully slapped his chest.


"Your right I bought…a water bottle. Is that believable enough?" Vincent said turning his head to face her. Yuffie shook her head and said `no'.


"Why don't you guess?" he said flexing his human hand nervously at the space, or lack of between their faces. Vincent still had not figured out his battle plan, right now he was just stalling.


"Okay…clothes" Yuffie said a little puzzled, but played along non-the less.


"Why would I buy clothes? I am perfectly happy with these." Vincent said tugging at the collar of his shirt.


"I reckon that would be a no, then?" Yuffie said while wrinkling her face in thought.


"Some lovely new materia!" she asked excitedly glancing down at his gun to check it for new materia.


"Sorry but no." Vincent said dully.


"Damn! I don't know…. a big pink furry…. moose!" she asked with a sigh of defeat.


"A moose?" Vincent asked raising one of his thin black eyebrows.


"Yeah! Can you think of a better animal than a big pink moose?" Yuffie said sliding her hand over his smooth metal one. Feeling every dent, scratch, and groove in the golden metal.


"Well…" Vincent started as he felt the heat sensors in his hand kick in.


"Oh shut up!" she said before he could finish that sentence. They sat in silence for a moment before Vincent broke the silence.


"They sun is going down…" he said sadly as he chewed on his lip slightly as he turned his head to face the sky again.


"So, don't tell me your afraid of the dark?" Yuffie asked him as she watched him nervously twitch.


"No, it's not that. There was just something I was supposed to do before sun down." He said nervously almost causing his voice to crack.


"Well then go do it!" Yuffie said smoothly as she wonder what was making him so nervous.


"I uh don't really know if I can, I mean it's not really something I've done before." He said collecting himself again to keep his smooth exterior up.


"Really wha…." Yuffie started as her name echoed through the air. They both shot up. Vincent sported a somewhat irritated look to his face. At the bottom of the hill stood a man with scruffy brown hair that nearly touched his shoulder. He wore a silver necklace that resembled a lion and also had that same symbol on his to short blue jacket. He looked fairly young and smirked as he saw Yuffie. Strapped onto his black pants was a rather strange looking blade. It had the handle of a gun but was a blade. (just so you know he's kingdom hearts squall…)


"Hey" he said as he walked up the hill waving at them.


"Hey yourself." Yuffie said happily standing up closely followed by Vincent.


"Oh Vincent this is squall, squall Vincent." Yuffie said pointing at each of them. Vincent gave a short nod of his head.


"He's an old friend of mine." She explained to Vincent. Squall gave Vincent an odd look, but Vincent knew those looks from all those days with shinra. It was one of those I-hate-you-but-I-have-to-respect-you-around-my-friend looks. Vincent returned the look. Yuffie was eyeing them both nervously. To her they looked like two dogs having a stare down before a fight.


"Well…vinnie I'm going to go hang with squall for awhile. So I'll see you later?" Yuffie said to him taking squall by the forearm and dragging him away after Vincent nodded. Vincent trotted up the hill and grabbed his cape. He glared down at squall as he followed Yuffie. Squall stopped and returned the glare back at him. After another short stare down Vincent turned away and walked away from camp. Squall snorted and ran to catch up to Yuffie.

A/n: oooo! Showdown! Sorry I don't like calling him leon. Squall is cooler. God that was so not planned in my note book! Oh dammit now that just makes my story longer. Bah! Whatever.

POLL TIME!

What lemon would you rather read?

Cloud X tifa

Squall X yuffie

Vincent X yuffie

None…ewee lemons are nasty!

Pick a choice……but remember it will be my first lemon ever!