Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Moment's in life ❯ Part three: Chapter thirty-one ( Chapter 31 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I have to go to school in like three days……it sucks. I have nothing to say since I did just finish the pervious chapter.

The white light of the stars shown down over the dimly lit campsite and the grasslands that surrounded it. Cloud and tifa were creeping back from their `shower' and headed towards the tent. They walked down the path towards the tent when they had heard voices. This leaves them in their current position where they were hiding in the shadows listening, watching, and whispering.


"So is that Vincent?" tifa asked point to the man that had his arm around yuffie. Cloud squinted his eyes in an attempt to see well.


"Well… the clothes don't really look like his…" cloud said quietly still squinting.


"Yeah your right, but…" tifa started as she was cut off.


"Come on we got to go!" cloud whispered harshly dragging her off to the tent. Cloud and tifa inched thought the shadows and stepped into the tent. Cloud looked around but found Vincent bed to be empty.


"This is not good." Cloud said simply and turned around prepared to leave.


"Why?" tifa asked stopping him by smacking her arm across his chest with a light thump.


"Because Vincent was going to propose tonight." Cloud said place his hand on the arm that had stopped him. Tifa's eyes shot to the ground and she put her arm down.


"Please stay here I'll come back as soon as I find him." He said giving her a passionate kiss then storming out. Cloud walked out of the tent not even bothering to stay to the shadows. This time yuffie and squall saw him.


"Hey cloud!" yuffie said waving happily at him. Cloud grunted and quickened his pace past them.


"Cloud what's the matter?" she yelled after him. Yuffie received no answer she was ready to run after him but a strong hand caught her by the shoulder.


"It's yuffs I'm sure he just needs some time to be by himself. After all he is cloud being the leader has got to be stressful." Squall said smoothly giving her a reassuring smile.


"Yeah but still I really should go see if Vincent is back. He looked kind of grumpy when we left" yuffie said looking to the darkness of the grassy fields.


"To tell you the truth, that guy seems rather violent to me. Don't tell me that's your type." Squall said sounding serious at first.


"He's not violent by nature! Besides on him it kind of suits him. He's more charming than violent anyway." Yuffie said challenging his opinions.


"No one's more charming than me." Squall said confidently putting his arm around yuffie.


"Err…yeah" yuffie said in an unsure voice as she glanced at the offending arm.


Cloud stumbled aimlessly across the moonlit plains. The dew slicked grass nipped at his heels. He was trying to remember what has caused him not to go get a chocobo. Vincent had obviously been near here because every so often he would stumble across I mutilated corpse of an unrecognizable monster. After awhile the corpses wounds turned from gunshots to claw marks. Vincent had either gotten tired or was in great distress to actually let chaos take control. Cloud followed the corpses thought the fields and into a sparse forest. This forest seemed very ominous to cloud. It had a thick smoky white fog that covered the ground making almost every step undeterminable and making it a perfect place for a monster like chaos.


"Something's here…" cloud said quietly to himself looking to each of his sides. Something was flying over him. Something was circling him. He was pretty sure there was something hiding in the trees. He readied his sword for an attack. Something lunged at him from the trees. Cloud raised his sword to the attacker that charged at him and impaled his sword deeply into his head. He heard another agonizing growl and then a thump behind him causing him to gasp and quickly turn around. A winged demon hovered over a grayish lump on the ground. His prey was almost completely covered with the fog.


"Chaos…" cloud whispered sheathing his sword.


"Such freedom I have now. It has been awhile since I have had control long enough to return home…" chaos said staring down at his prey.


"I return to find only ruins and another pack that now rules my domain…" chaos said dully as he picked up the slaughtered beast. It looked very much like a werewolf only it stood as if I were human. The beast face was contorted in horror, blood leaked from the claw holes in his chest.


"Why do sheath your sword?" chaos asked turning his attention to cloud and throwing the beast several yards away into a tree. "Could it be you consider me a friend?"


"You are Vincent and I call you my friend." Cloud said confidently.


"No I am chaos. I died long ago and apparently, as did my reason for living. You are not my friend Vincent is, but Vincent wishes just to rot in his mind." Chaos said sadly turning to face cloud.


"Bring him back." Cloud said forcefully.


"It is not my choice. It is his. He chose to let the demons have his body. Say something touching and he might come back." Chaos said deviously laughing slightly.


"Shut up chaos!" chaos said to him.


"Human are just emotional masses of flesh and bones!" chaos said laughing at the anger in his own voice. Chaos raised his fist and struck himself.


"Love is the worst of all! Look what it has done to vinnie!" chaos said smirking. I brief look of surprise crossed chaos' face as his muscles tightened. He threw his head back and screamed in protest. The screams alternated to pained growls. Finally his body started to turn back. His wings were replaced with a flowing red cape, his blue skin turned pale again.


"Emotional…mass of…greasy flesh!" chaos grunted with the last of his control over Vincent body. Being fully transformed back Vincent stumbled a bit and fell down to his knees. His shoulders slumped over and his black locks flooded over his face.


"Disgraceful…" Vincent uttered in a deep cracking voice.


"What?" cloud asked unsurely.


"My behavior…it was disgraceful. I ran away when I should have been a man. I am a disgraceful coward." Vincent said laughing in almost a cruel laugh.


"There is still time to do something about it. There is always time." Cloud said walking over to him.


"Yes…I know." Vincent said lifting himself off the ground.


"Let us go. The tournament is soon and I require a talk with dio." Vincent said walking out of the forest.


"But what about…?" cloud said utterly confused as he quickly walked after him.


"I can handle it in my own way." Vincent said stopping and turning slightly so that cloud could see his reassuring smile.

a/n:well after a week I am finished! Yay! Don't worry ya'll will get your lemon. To tell you the truth I'm glad as hell no one voted yuffiexsquall. Blah horrible pairing…..like cloudxareith. Anyway I imagine the next chapter will be the tourney. And I have no clue when I will finish it.