Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Twisted Compulsion ❯ 14 ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Twisted Compulsion
Ch 14
 
 
 
---------
I: you take her!
---------
 
 
 
Aerith and Yuffie excitedly planned for her wedding, ordering every wedding catalog ever heard of. Once they got to Vincent's doorstep the girls tore into them. It was non-stop wedding chatter. As they ate the two talked about flower arrangements and as they lay in bed waiting for sleep they talked about the dress. While Sephiroth smiled unsurely at his fiancée's hyper ness Cid couldn't take it. He finally told her if she didn't shut up he'd kick her skinny ass out side. This stopped her, for about five minutes. She woke up the whole house with her screams as Cid threw her onto his shoulder. Vincent was roused from his room and the two lovers hung over the railing to watch the scene unfold.
 
 
Once Vincent got close enough Yuffie attached to his neck. “Save me Vincent!” she cried.
 
 
An unwanted tag of war began. “Let `er go! I warned her so she's going into the snow!” Cid bellowed.
 
 
“Who said I'm holding on to her?” Vincent answered back as he tried to untangle Yuffie's death grip. “But I think throwing a half naked Yuffie into a snow bank is a bit rash Cid.” Cid finally let go and bent down so Yuffie slipped from his shoulder and lay against Vincent's chest.
 
 
“Fine!” He then began pushing the two, back into Vincent's room. The two finally fell backward through the doorway. “You take her then!” Before Vincent could scramble to his feet Cid took a chair from the kitchen table to placed it under the door handle. There was five minutes of banging and yelling before Vincent finally gave up and everyone returned back to sleep.
 
 
When they all woke up, Aerith then Sephiroth and Cid, they released the poor Vincent and his Tormentor. Yuffie beamed and just about bounced around the room. Vincent was tired and brooding. Neither would speak of what happened. Which allowed his guests' minds to wander.
 
 
Aerith set a plate of hash brown down on the table and took a seat next to Sephiroth.
 
 
Sephiroth enjoyed his fiancée's enthusiasm, and didn't want to burst her bubble but decided it was time. “Aerith, do you realize that we're going to have our wedding in Vincent's cabin so we can't have a large wedding…”
 
 
Aerith lowered her head and leaned against him. With a sigh she said, “I know, but it's fun to plan my dream wedding even if it is just that… I just want to buy a pretty dress and have some flowers at my wedding. That's all I want.”
 
 
Cid forked some hash browns onto his plate and added, “you realize that you currently in the coldest part of the planet? Flowers are pretty hard to come by.”
 
 
Aerith leaned out to look at Cid and smiled. “That's where you come in! I was hoping you could send an airship to get all my flowers and dress for the wedding! Pretty please Cid!”
 
 
Cid stared at the girl. She stared back with cute pleading eyes her lip trembling. The pilot sighed. “Alright, but this counts at your wedding gift all right girl?”
 
 
“Oh thank you Cid!” Aerith cried. She then got up and ran to Cid throwing her arms around him.
 
 
“Yeah yeah, just tell me what's ya want and give me the phone!”
 
 
 
---------
II: almost
---------
 
 
 
It took three weeks for everything to be ordered and for Cid's Airship to drop them off. Aerith had gotten three large urns of white rose bushes, loose garlands of Queen Anne's lace, and a bouquet of assorted wild flowers. She had wanted to get carnations but Vincent told her not too. Up north carnations are considered the flowers of the dead and are given at funerals. It would've been bad luck he insisted.
 
 
As soon as Aerith's dress arrived she ran off to the bathroom like an excited girl with Yuffie at her tail to try it on. She emerged and modeled it enthusiastically for them. It had a large collar that showed off her collarbone and hung on her shoulder. It had a train on it, not too long, just a few feet of extra fabric. In it's lower corner was an embroidered crawling vine in light green with pink flowers. It was fairly simple but Aerith looked beautiful in it.
 
 
Aerith and Sephiroth had never set a formal date for their wedding but after the arrival of Aerith's dress and flowers they decided to have it that weekend, after all flowers don't last that long.
 
 
They settled on Saturday afternoon for their ceremony, after all the towns only priest would be busy on Sunday. Sephiroth was a bit worried that the priest would refuse to marry them, even if the man didn't recognize him he did have large black wing sticking out of his back. Aerith told him not to worry and reminded him that they had three of the saviors of the planet with them and the threat of unleashing would convince the priest to marry them.
 
 
Aerith was a bit worried about another thing, Sephiroth didn't have a suit and it was too late to order him one. He was grateful that she was too busy to remember, Sephiroth wasn't found of suit or uniforms. They settled on just having him wear a white collared shirt and black pants. The week flew as they prepared, moving furniture and decorating Vincent's cabin. They hung the garland along the wall and hung up sheets that blocked the kitchen from view, Aerith would use Vincent's room to change and enter from behind them. Before the couple knew they lay in there bed on Friday night.
 
 
Aerith and Sephiroth lay staring up at the ceiling, a nervousness and shyness hung thick in the air between them. Aerith swallowed and spoke softly, “Well, tomorrows that day…” Sephiroth made a sound of acknowledgement. Silence.
 
 
“I-I'm nervous…” Sephiroth admitted.
 
 
Aerith turned to him reaching for his hand beneath the covers. “It's alright, I am a bit too.” She wrapped her arms around his and nuzzled his shoulder. “I'm excited though too.”
 
 
“I just…” Sephiroth fumbled for words. “I just feel like something will happen to ruin my chance at happiness as things always do… Like this is all a set up and Cloud will show up to chop off my head…”
 
 
Aerith shook her head. “No, that won't happen, nothing will go wrong… “ She smiled and looked up into Sephiroth's eyes. “It'll be the best day ever…” Sephiroth returned her smile but was still nervous. The two slipped into an uneasy sleep.
 
 
 
---------
III: who?
---------
 
 
 
Tifa re-buddle her jacket and let out a chilled breathe. It took them over a month to get to Icicle inn. There plane they hired to take them the whole way broke down in the bone village and with no machines in the village they had to trek through the caves like years ago. In the cold early morning Cloud and Tifa made their way through the fresh snow to the icicle inn, the town's namesake. When they entered the door the warmth seeped into Tifa. Her cheeks flushed from the sudden heat and she let her wool collared jacket hang open. At the sight of them the innkeeper's jaw dropped.
 
 
That was usual, everyone knew them. They were the saviors and instance celebrities. The woman blubbered and stammered trying to find words to answer Cloud's request for a room. She looked confused.
 
 
“What?” Cloud asked he asked in an annoyed voice. Cloud never liked attention of this sort. He did like to be noticed but since the final battle he'd become very secluded.
 
 
The woman suddenly flushed and looked down at the desktop. “Well, um sir… I was wondering why you were going to stay in the inn when you could just stay with that friend of yours…”
 
 
Cloud exchanged looks with Tifa. “What friend?”
 
 
 
---------
IV: The best day ever?
---------
 
 
 
Aerith paced back and forth in Vincent's small room. She was close to tears and she didn't even know why. She let her bouquet bounce against her legs as she continued her walking. She stopped as the door began to open. Vincent shut the door and was nearly got knocked over by Aerith. She sobbingly wrapped around her arms around his neck and buried her tear-strewn face into the crook of his neck.
 
 
Vincent regained his balance and held her. “Sh…” he said as he guided her to his bed and sat her down. “Hush, Aerith. Why are you so upset?” Through choking sobs Aerith mumbled incoherently. “Aerith calm down, I can't understand I thing you're saying.”
 
 
Aerith unburied her face and sniffled. “I-I I just don't know if I can do this. I mean…” she shook her head and continued. “Marriage? Why! Why am I doing this I'm just…” Aerith struggled for words.
 
 
“Shh Aerith. You're just over whelmed, getting married is a big step in life.” Vincent comforted her.
 
 
Aerith's sobs quieted. “Vincent I have to tell you something… maybe the reason I wanted to marry Sephiroth…” She swallowed at lump in her throat and cast her eyes from Vincent. “Vincent… I'm pregnant…”
 
 
Vincent stared at her with an open mouthed blank expression. He regained his senses and shook his head. “Aerith…” he sighed. “How could you be so careless…”
 
 
Aerith whipped at her eyes. “I don't know… It just happened. I didn't mean it too…”
 
 
Vincent rose from the bed and walked to the door. “Are you sure that's the reason, Aerith?”
 
 
Aerith nodded, “Yes, yes I am…”
 
 
He shook his head. “I think you need more time to think. That must not be the only reason…”
 
 
“What are you talking about Vincent?”
 
 
“Why would you let him take you? You're child can't be the only reason you want to marry him…”
 
 
Aerith rose from the bed as well and stood behind Vincent. She held her bouquet tightly. “I do have feelings for him but… it's too soon… It's so sudden. I barely know him…”
 
 
Vincent sighed. “Does anyone really know him? Most people only know him from what Shinra told and the meteor incident. Those things that built what everyone thought he was are gone, and who he was is gone too.” Aerith's eyes fell to the floor. Vincent turned, his feet coming into Aerith's down cast view. She slowly looked at him.
 
 
“He needs you Aerith… No one can imagine the horrors Sephiroth was subjected to at the hands of Hojo.” He sighed and furrowed his brows in anger at the thought of what growing up with Hojo was like. “He needs someone to lean on, some one to trust. Who even knows if he's ever had someone like you in his life before?”
 
 
“So you're saying I should marry him?”
 
 
“Yes,” Vincent gave her a grin. “Besides with the way things were going your two would have gotten married eventually. It just happens to be sooner rather than later.” Aerith grinned too. He had a point. Vincent turned back to the door and reached for its knob.
 
 
“Um Vincent…” Aerith called softly. He glanced back at her. “My father is… well I was wondering if you'd hand me off?” He hadn't thought that was coming.
 
 
He smiled at the still a shaken girl. “Of course, I'd be honored Aerith.”
 
 
Knocking on Vincent's door drew their attention. Yuffie's voice came through the hard wooden door. “Hey, are we switching grooms or what?”
 
 
 
---------
V: I walk through….
---------
 
 
 
Sephiroth took a deep breath inhaling deep into his back and slowly released it. At the moment he was relaxed but all morning he'd been having bouts of nervousness.
 
 
The priest sat on the couch tapping his bible impatiently. He was more than shocked when he entered and found three of the world's saviors and its near destroyer dressed for a wedding. The only thing that kept the mousey man from turning tail was having three ultimate weapons pointed at his face. The man pulled at his collar and looked over the room's occupants.
 
 
Cid Highwind stood leaning against the cabin wall near the door holding spear point down and twirling it while smoking. Yuffie sat in the middle of the floor her legs sprawled out in front of her. The ninja was dressed in dress and didn't look too thrilled about it. A floral patterned one that went to her ankles. The former general Sephiroth, he shuttered as his eyes fell upon him, stood with his back to the priest. He thought the man was trying not to hyperventilate.
 
 
The priest cleared his throat. “Um…” all eyes fell to him. “Are we going to have a wedding?”
 
 
Cid pulled his cigarette from his lips. “Yeah if this guy's girl comes out of Vince's room…”
 
 
Yuffie smirked at Sephiroth. “If she doesn't come out in another five minutes I'd start feeling jealous,” she teased. Sephiroth rolled his eyes at the snickering ninja and went back to facing the wall and breathing. Yuffie stuck out her tongue at his winged back and climbed to her feet.
 
 
She slipped through the hanging sheets and knocked loudly on Vincent's door. “Hey, are we switching grooms or what?” she yelled at the door. The door creaked open and Vincent and Aerith came out. She had her arms wrapped around Vincent's claw hiding half her face behind his shoulder. Her eyes were red and puffy; Yuffie could tell she had been crying.
 
 
Even though she still had to ask. “Aerith, were you crying?” Yuffie asked in a hushed voice.
 
 
Aerith gave a halfhearted smile and began dabbing her eyes. “You can tell? I'd better let my eyes clear up before I go out and get married. It might give the wrong impression.”
 
 
Yuffie came to her friend's side. She'd known Aerith before but now she was a dear friend. “Hey that's what veils are for and if Seph says anything tell `em they're tears of joy!” This got a smile laugh from Aerith. “Besides that priest is getting antsy and so are Cid and Sephiroth.”
 
 
Yuffie helped Aerith adjust her hair. In all her crying it had become a bit lope sided. She had decided to wear her hair high on her head, Yuffie insisted it showed off her neck. She had a clip that held her veil on. Giving her two friends a smiled she flipped her veil over her face and nodded to Yuffie. “Alright, I'm ready.”
 
 
Yuffie gave an excited squeak and ran through the sheets. “Alright! It's time, get off your butt priest!” Aerith smiled at Yuffie's antics and looked down at the floor. She took a deep breath.
 
 
“Aerith?”
 
 
She looked up to see Vincent holding out his arm to her. Aerith took it and the two stood staring at the white sheets that in Aerith's mind separated two sides in her life. “Alright, I'm ready, I'm ready.” She looked up at Vincent. “I'm getting married, Vincent.”
 
 
He smiled back at her. Vincent reached forward and separated the sheets. “I truly wish you the best of luck, Aerith.” With those last words he led the flower girl to her swordsmen.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
AN- all right, I decided to stop here for now, there will be one more chapter then an epilog. The next chapter will be a battle one, filled with blood yeah!!