Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Twisted Compulsion ❯ 15 ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Twisted Compulsion
Ch 15
 
 
 
---------
Jenova's toys
---------
 
Sephiroth looked back at Aerith as she approached. Her head held was held high from beneath her veil. He could see from the way she carried herself she was frightened. Honestly so was he. He smiled gently at his fiancé to encourage her. The priest cleared this throat and opened his bible to the appropriate page. This was truly the most unusual wedding he had ever conducted, and no one would ever believe him.
 
 
Yuffie and Cid stood to the side. The ninja bobbed up and down on her toes with a large grin plastered on her face. She grabbed Cid's arm and shook it excitedly. `I'm so excited!' she mouthed to him. Cid put out his cigarette and shook his head at Yuffie. Ignoring her he turned his attention to Vincent and Aerith. She was beautiful in her dress. It was just the right length and flowed beautifully behind her.
 
 
Vincent guided Aerith to Sephiroth's side then joined Yuffie and Cid. Aerith smiled and held Sephiroth's hands. Her heart was pounding and she felt lightheaded. `I love him so much. This will change everything in his life, I won't let him be alone anymore,' Aerith promised to herself. The priest cleared his throat again and began reading.
 
 
“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today before these friends and family, to join together this man and this woman in Holy Matrimony. Holy Matrimony is an honorable and cherished estate, and should not be entered into lightly—“
 
 
Knock! Everyone's head turned to Vincent's little cabin door. Someone was knocking. Aerith frowned and looked back at Sephiroth. He squeezed her hand reassuringly. Cid was the closest, and did the natural thing. He went over and began to open. Vincent's head buzzed, `No one but Cid or Yuffie know where I live and none of the villagers would dare bother me-` he was brought out of his thoughts when realization dawned on him. “No, Cid!” he yelled out running to the door, but it was too late. There in the doorway, stood Cloud and Tifa.
 
 
Vincent tired his best to fill the doorway. Cid and Yuffie followed cue and came in behind him. “Cloud,” Vincent said, “What are you doing here?”
 
 
Cloud put a hand on the door frame and tried to push his way through, but Vincent wasn't moving. “Where is she?” he asked. “Where is my Aerith? She's alive isn't she?” He pointed to Cid. “You told Tifa she was!” His voice was rising and everyone there could tell his temper was rising as well.
 
 
Sephiroth tightened his grip on Aerith's hands. Cloud had found them. If Cloud saw him, Sephiroth knew Cloud would try to kill him and he was without a sword to defend him self. What about Aerith? What would he do with her now what she was about to marry the man he hated with all his soul.
 
 
Aerith felt a chill run down her spine and her heart ached to see the look one Sephiroth's face when they heard Cloud's face.
 
 
“He's going to kill me Aerith,” Sephiroth said quietly.
 
 
Aerith shushed him and gently touched his cheek, “No, no he won't. Its ok I won't let him. I won't let him hurt. I love you.”
 
 
“I know she's here!” Cloud yelled. His blue eyes blazed, and aura of power began to surround him. “You wouldn't be baring me from entering if she wasn't!”
 
 
Vincent narrowed his crimson eyes and said threateningly, “Get out Cloud. Leave.”
 
 
Tifa looked between the two former allies. She felt desperate. She had to choose. Go with Cloud and alienate herself from all her allies, only to lose her would-be-lover to Aerith, or turn against Cloud and stop the bloodshed before it starts. Tifa unhooked Premium Heart from her belt and pulled them on. “Vincent move.”
 
 
Cid looked at Tifa. He couldn't believe the turn she had taken. She was always warm and friendly, and her she was ready to attack three of her former allies. He looked pleading at her and said quietly, “Tifa, please don't…” Tifa's eye darted to Cid. She didn't back down.

Cloud un-sheaved his sword and yelled at the three companions, “Why won't you let me see her!” He let out an enrage scream and shoulder tackled Vincent, sending him skidding to the floor.
 
 
Yuffie was shocked and rushed to her fallen companion. Tifa and Cloud rushed in and Cloud let out a gasp. His ultimate weapon clattered to the floor at the scene he saw before him. Tifa's face drained of color and she stared from Sephiroth to Cloud then to the bride. “Aerith?” she questioned quietly.
 
 
Cloud looked lost. He chocked out her name. “A-aerith….” His shock quickly turned back to rage as he stared at Sephiroth. Yuffie, Cid, and Vincent seemed frozen, watching the scene unfold.
 
 
Aerith tore off her veil and stood in front of Sephiroth. “Cloud…” she said softly. “I-I'm sorry…” she said. She didn't know what else to say to him.
 
 
Cloud shook with rage. He reached down and grasped his sword, gripping the hilt tightly. He quickly walked up to Aerith. “Get away from him Aerith!” he yelled. He reached out and grabbed her hand, tugging her away from Sephiroth. Vincent climbed to his feet and went to his gun rank near the door and armored himself with Death penalty. Yuffie scrambled to her feet and dashed behind Tifa to grab her Conformer.
 
 
Sephiroth reach out and grasped Aerith's other arm, pulling her into his arms. Cloud stared at the couple. “Aerith, he's using Jenova's magic on you, you're not your self,” he reasoned. He held his hand out. “Come here, be with me,” he said, close to tears. “We can kill him together and save the world again.”
 
 
Vincent cocked his shot gun, drawing the attention of Cloud and Tifa, “Jenova's dead Cloud. The only thing left of her is the bits and pieces within the three of us.”
 
 
Cloud turned to face Vincent. “You're defending this monster?” he questioned. Vincent didn't answer. “You've sided with Jenova too haven't you!?” He brought his sword in to a fight stance and ran toward Vincent. “I'll kill you too!” Vincent fired off Death penalty, but Cloud was far more skilled then he was a few years before. He titled his head and let the bullet fly by and lodge it's self into the wall. There was no time to reload.
 
 
“Vincent!”
 
 
Yuffie yelled out his name and flew into action, but Tifa was there to intercept her. The young girl was caught of guard and was hit square in the jaw sending her to the ground. Cloud raised his sword high above his head and arched it down. Clang! Cid gritted his teeth and shook. He had used his Venus Gospel to defend Vincent, but Cloud was too strong for him and it too ever ounce of strength the pilot had to stop the blade.
 
 
Through his gritted teeth Cid said to Cloud, “If anyone is influenced by Jenova's madness, it's you spike. You've lost it!”
 
 
Cloud laughed, “I've lost it!!” He pushed down with his sword, causing Cid to kneel. “You're in alignment with a madman.”
 
 
Vincent turned around and brought the butt of his gun a crossed Cloud's jaw, breaking the clash. Cloud spat out blood and began to laugh. Vincent took this break in the battle to pull Cid to his feet and push him toward the door, “Hurry, you have to call for the Highwind. If no one makes it, someone has to tell the truth!” Cid nodded and dashed out into the snow.
 
 
Yuffie swept Tifa's legs out from under her and ran to Vincent's side. Tifa fell to the floor but quickly rolled to her feet again. The priest was inching his way toward the door, but Cloud spotted him.
 
 
“You!” he screamed and advanced on the poor man. “A holy man was just about to marry a monster!” Cloud swung his sword high above his head.
 
 
“No Cloud!” Aerith screamed out but it was too late. The sword came down a crossed the priest's chest, splitting it wide open. Blood sprayed on the floor and the man slumped to the floor, his inners spilling out beneath him.
 
 
Aerith let out a scream and covered her eyes. The blood had reached her dress, sprinkling small red dots all over her train. Tifa was a bit stunned at the death of this innocent man, but stayed loyal. She turned and advanced on Vincent and Yuffie.
 
 
Yuffie brought her Conformer back, “I don't want to hurt you!” Yuffie screamed out as she let the weapon fly. Tifa brought her armlet equipped arm up and batted the ninja tool away. It embedded itself into a timber beam. Tifa let out a yell and punched Yuffie in her stomach. The girl spat and choked out blood. Her internal organs were no doubt ruptured. Tifa brought her left arm back to land a punch on Yuffie's skull again. A shot rang through the air. Tifa herself now coughed up blood. With a shocked expression on her face, she clutched at the hole in her stomach. The blood streamed from between her fingers and she fell forward, dead.
 
 
Yuffie fell backward into Vincent's arms. He picked the ninja up and moved her to the far wall, out of the battle's way. “T-thank you….” Yuffie choked out with tear filled eyes. She then pasted out. Vincent cocked his gun and walked back to face Cloud.
 
 
Cloud stared at Tifa's lifeless body; there was no emotion in his face. “Useless…” he said quietly. He turned slowly to face the couple. He pointed his sword at Sephiroth, an insane smile coming to his face. “You…”
 
 
Sephiroth pushed Aerith away, “Get away Aerith!” he said. He didn't want her to get harmed when Cloud attacked. Aerith backed away, tears flowing from her eyes. She didn't know what to do. She looked toward Vincent; he was the only one who could fight now.
 
 
Vincent drew a beam on Cloud. “Get away from him…” his monotone voice called out. Cloud didn't stop and Vincent did what he had to do, he fired at Cloud's head. The savior crouched and rolled forward. Cloud's eyes snapped open and he sent a wave of pain into Vincent's skull. Vincent cried out in pain and clutched at his head. “You've joined with her haven't you??” Vincent questioned, fighting the pain. Jenova's voice screamed in his mind and a voice cut through the noise.
 
 
“Vincent watch out!”
 
 
Vincent felt cold steel cut into his side. His eyes opened and he found Cloud and Sephiroth struggling for control of the sword lodged in his side. Vincent grabbed the blade with his claw. He gritted his teeth, blood trailing down his side and mouth. He slowly rose to his feet. “It will take more then this to kill me. I refuse to die at the hands of your insanity!” he screamed out.
 
 
Cloud elbowed Sephiroth deeply in his stomach, and in the moment of weakness, pulled the sword out of Vincent's and Sephiroth's grip. Sephiroth fell to the floor, Cloud stood above him, poised to strike. He was about to die.
 
 
Aerith watched on in horror, “NOO!!!” she screamed out. Cloud screamed and brought his sword down toward Sephiroth.
 
 
“Sephiroth!” Vincent leapt in front of the sword, his claw held out for protection. The sword severed the metal object and then cut into Vincent's shoulder. Vincent spat out blood and fought against the pain.
 
 
Sephiroth was speechless, Vincent had sacrificed him self for him. Cloud pulled the sword from Vincent's body. He fell backward against Sephiroth, his blood drenching the groom. “What have you done!” he screamed angrily.
 
 
“He needs to die and so do you!” Cloud screamed. “I'll kill you and be with my Aerith forever!” He raised his sword again; this time there was nothing to stop him from killing Sephiroth. “You are the puppet! Not me!” he screamed out.
 
 
“No!” Crack! A bullet tore its way through Cloud's side. He stumbled, but still held his sword up. Another bullet sped into Cloud's upper torso. Blood gushed from him mouth as he stumbled to the ground. Aerith dropped Death penalty, tears dripping from her chin. `I'm sorry,' she mouthed to Cloud. He cried and shook in shock, his blood spreading out around him. He made a last attempt to speak. “I-I lo…” his voice trailed off and he was dead.
 
 
Aerith turned her attention to Vincent. He lay in Sephiroth's arms and choked up blood, his skin was paler than ever. For the first time in his life, Sephiroth cried out of sorrow. He had lost the link to his past, a father figure, and the only person who could understand the monstrous side of him. Aerith knelt in Vincent's growing blood pool and held on to his hand.
 
 
“S-sephiroth…” he mumbled. “Treat her w-well….” He said, a smile on his thin lips.
 
 
Sephiroth smiled back. “I will Vincent…” His crimson eyes began to close and Vincent was dead.
 
 
 
 
 
A/N - I LOVE YOU VINCENT!! It was so hard to kill him off T-T but he died a good death. I have a prolog left and then the story is done. I hope you enjoyed the bloodshed, despite our beloved Vincent's death.
 
A red carnation for Vincent, @--->RIP