Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ 1 Year ❯ Guitar Playing and Memorys ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
Sana ~ I total forgot to put a disclaimer in my last chapter. Whoops!!
 
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Fruits Basket, Natsuki Takaya does. I also own my character BUT I don't own the person the name was based on. Audie L. Murphy. And if I missed anything else I can't think of it, but if I did I don't own that either.
 
 
 
 
Audie was starting to grow nervous under the intense gaze's of all the guys in the room (except Yuki) “Haru could you please help me with Miss Audie's bags?” Haru shook his head and shut his mouth. “Uhh….. Yeah sure.” Haru got of the couch and walked to the door but on his way over he gave Audie a wink. Audie started blushing.
 
Shigure could you PLEASE clean up your drool.” Shigure tore his eyes away from Audie and looked on the floor to see a small pond of drool. “Oh yeah I guess I should.” Shigure walked into the kitchen to grab some rags to clean up the swimming pool in the living room.
 
That left Audie, Kyo, and Momiji in the living room. Momiji was the first to get out of his state of shock and ran up to Audie. “Hi, I'm Momiji. You're really pretty you know that!”
 
`He's so cute.' Audie gave a small laugh. “Why thank you Momiji. That so sweet to say.” Audie looked up at the orange haired boy sitting on the couch. “And what's your name?”
 
`Why can't I take my eyes off her? She looks like any ordinary girl but it's like there's like this aura of calmness around her.' Kyo didn't realize Audie had asked him a question he was so deep in thought. Audie walked up to Kyo “Hello? Anybody in there?”
 
“Huh?” was all Kyo could say in his state of shock. Audie laughed again “I asked you what your name was?” `She has a beautiful laugh. WAIT WHAT!? I can't like this girl I just meet her. No I don't like her. I DON'T!!' “It's Kyo.”
 
“Hummmmm Kyo huh I like it.” Audie said with a smile. Kyo turned his head and `humphed' so she wouldn't see his blush. Audie frowned and turned back Momiji “What's his problem?”
 
Momiji laughed “Oh, Kyo he's always grumpy.” Audie looked back at Kyo who was staring daggers a poor little Momiji. “Whatever.” Yuki and Haru walked back into the house caring two large suitcases and a guitar case.
 
“You play the guitar Audie?” Audie walked up to Haru and took her guitar case “Yeah, I could play something for you some time.” Shigure walked back into the living room with a ton of rags. “Next time tell me I'm drooling so I don't have to clean it up.” Audie laughed “But then we wouldn't have the fun of watching you clean it up.” Every one started laughing. “Ha-Ha-Ha very funny.”
 
“Well Miss Audie let me show you your room.” Yuki started up the stairs with you in tow and Momiji next to you. He gave you the tour of the upstairs. “Your room is right here if you need anything the bathroom is down the hall and my room is right across from yours, Shigure's is on your left and Kyo's is on your right.”
 
“Where are Momiji and Haru's room?” Audie asked looking around “Oh, they don't live here they are only visiting. Well I'll leave you to unpack.” “Come on Momiji.” Yuki said as he stood at Audie's door. “Awww can't I stay and help Audie unpack?” Momiji asked putting on his cute puppy dog eyes. Yuki looked at Audie “Well only if it's alright with Miss Audie.” Momiji turned and gave Audie his puppy dog eyes. Audie laughed “Of coarse you can stay.”
 
Momiji jumped up and down along with Audie. Yuki just gave a slight chuckle “When you're done you can come down stairs.” Audie stopped jumping and gave Yuki a slight nod. Yuki closed the door and walked down the hall to the living room. “Well lets get started then you can unpack the bag near the door and I'll take this one.” Audie said as she pointed to the bag by the bed. “Ok!!!” Momiji ran to the bag by the door and unzipped it he pulled out what looked like a black box.
 
“Audie what's this?” Audie looked up from the bag she was taking clothes out of “Oh that. That's just my laptop.” Momiji still looked confused “What's a laptop?” Audie looked back at the bag she was unpacking and laughed “A laptop is just like a computer except you don't need all those cords and it doesn't need to be hooked up to any thing.” “Oh.” Momiji went over to the desk in the room and set down the laptop then went back to unpacking the bag.”
 
~Later~
 
“Ahh finally where done.” Audie said as she dusted off some imaginary dust from her clothes. She turned and looked Momiji “How about we go find out what the others are up to right now huh?”
 
“Yeah but bring your guitar I want you to play for use after dinner pleeeeaaaassseee!?” He gave her is famous puppy dog eyes. Audie laughed `You can't resist the puppy dog eyes' “Ok, fine. Now let's go.”
 
Audie grabbed her guitar and she and Momiji walked to the living room where she was sure every one would be. Momiji bounded into the living room and jumped on the couch that held Haru who was watching a television show.
 
“Hello Haru where's every one else?” Audie asked as she sat on the other side of Haru. “Yuki is at his secret base, Kyo's on the roof, and I think Shigure is ordering dinner.” Haru said with out ever letting his eyes leave the TV.
 
Audie, Haru, and Momiji just sat there and watched the show until they heard the door bell ring. “I'll get it.” Audie turned and looked toward the door. She saw Shigure giving a delivery man some money and bring the food to the table. “DINNER!!”
 
Momiji jumped out of his seat and ran into the dinning room “Come on Audie it's dinner time.” Audie shook her head `Does he ever run out of energy.' Audie sat down next to Momiji, Haru sat across from Momiji, and Shigure sat at the head of the table.
 
There was a `Thump' and Audie turned her head towards the living room to see Kyo walking into the dinning room. “Where's Yuki?” Audie asked. “Who cares where that damn rat is.” Kyo snapped. `Wow some one is grumpy.' “Sorry for asking.”
 
Yuki entered the house a minute later “Sorry I was late.” “YOU BETTER BE SORRY YOU MADE ME WAIT!!” Audie looked a little startled by Kyo's sudden out burst “KYO, that wasn't very nice I think you owe Yuki an apology. You don't have to be so rude.” Shigure sighed “Its no use Audie, Kyo will never apologize so it's better to just to ignore it.” “Shut up you stupid cat.” Kyo stood up “You going to make me you damn rat.”
 
Audie was confused at why they where calling each other a rat and cat but pushed it to the back of her mind. Haru stood up and put a hand on Kyo's shoulder “There is no need for that tonight not when Audie is here.” Haru said looking at Kyo then Yuki then Audie. Kyo looked at Audie and `humphed' and sat back down still mumbling things about rat poison and mouse traps.
 
Besides the confrontation at the beginning of dinner, dinner was particularly quite. They just asked some question about Audie. “So Audie what's your Chinese zodiac sign?” Audie looked at Shigure “It's the Dragon. But I wish they had a year for the cat.” (A/n: I know I know very cliché but I have to if this is going to be an Audie Kyo story. Sorry) Kyo lifted his head when he heard that “Really. You know the story of the cat.” Shigure asked with curiosity. Audie laughed “Yeah my mom told me the story once and I always asked her to tell me it over and over again until I memorized it. I felt bad for the cat.” Audie blushed `Great going Audie make it sound like you're a dork.'
 
After dinner Momiji told every one that you where going to perform a song for them on your guitar. “I'm not that good.” Audie said with a blush as she positioned the guitar on her lap. “Well here we go.” (A/n: This is Little Sister by Jewel.)
 
Hey little sister I heard you went to Mr. So and So, knocking on his door
Again last night, said you needed it bad -
You know that ain't right
Cause you've come to me crying
Trying to stop, you said it hurts so bad
But please don't let you
Go back for more
My little sister is a Zombie in a body
With no soul a role she has learned to play
In a world today where nothing else matters
But it matters; we gotta start feeding our souls
Not our addictions or afflictions of pain
To avoid the same questions we must
Ask ourselves to get any answers
We gotta start feeding our souls
Have been lost to the millions with lots
Who feed on addiction selling pills and what's hot
I wish I could save her from all their delusions
All the confusion
Of a nation that starves for salvation
But clothing is the closest approximation
To God and He only knows that drugs
Are all we know of love
Every day we starve while we eat white bread
And beer instead of a handshake or hug
We spill the pills and sweep them
Under the rug
My little sister is a Zombie in a body
With no soul a role she has learned to play
In a world today where nothing else matters
But it matters; we gotta start feeding our souls
Hey little sister I heard you went to Mr. So and So's
Knockin' on his door again last night
Said you needed more
 
When she finished she looked back up. Every one was staring at her like she had a second head. “What?” Yuki was the first to speak. “Miss Audie that was amazing.” There was a chorus of `Yeah's'. Audie blushed “Thanks”
 
“Where did you learn to play like that?” Haru asked. “Um…. Well my father taught me how to play before he passed away.” Audie said with some sadness in her eyes. “Where sorry Audie we didn't know.” Momiji said. Audie smiled at Momiji then at every one else “Its ok don't worry about it he did a few years ago. I'm over it.”
 
`She's hiding something but I can't tell what it is. Whatever it's not like I care.' “Well I'm getting a little tired. So I think I'm going to go catch some z's.” Audie stood up from the table. “Thank you for your hospitality.”
 
Once Audie entered her room she went to the bag she was carrying when she arrived and took out a photo album. She flipped the third page and looked at the picture. It was of a man with blue eyes and dirty blond hair next to a women with silver eyes and brown hair holding a little girl with dirty blond hair like the man and a mixture of the mans blue eyes and the lady's silver eyes. `I miss them so much why? Why?' Audie cried her self to sleep still clutching the photo album.
 
`I don't know why but I have this eerie feeling that something isn't right.' Kyo was walking to his room he was almost to his room when he just got this feeling he should check on Audie. `I don't know why I'm even doing this.' Kyo silently opened the door and he saw Audie sleeping on the bed holding what looked like to him a book.
 
Kyo walked up to Audie and got a better look at what she was holding. `Is that her dad?' Kyo looked up when he heard Audie whimper and tear roll down her check. `Why am I here? Why am I doing this?' Kyo reached out and took the album from Audie's hands with out waking her and set it down on the desk. He pulled the covers down and tucked Audie into bed.
 
Before he left he wiped the tear from her face. He walked out of the room and down the hall to his room. `What the hell is wrong with me? I don't even act like that around Tohru.' Kyo went to his window and jumped threw it to the roof.
 
He laid on his back looking up at the stars. `I can't be falling for her could I? No I can't I just meet her today. It's just my imagination.' Kyo fell asleep under the stars having a silent debate in his head.
 
~Back with Audie~
 
After Audie heard the door close she opened her eyes and let a smile grace her face. `Maybe he's not a hot headed jerk after all.' Audie turned over to look at the ceiling. She heard a `Thump' on the roof. `He likes the roof doesn't he. He's a mystery but I'm willing to figure him out.'Audie fell asleep looking at the ceiling and think about the boy on the roof.
 
 
 
 
 
Well there you go the second chapter I hope you liked. It was much longer than my first chapter. But I just want to say again THIS IS NOT I REPEAT NOT A INSERTATION FIC!!! Please R/R.
~Sana