Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ A Caged Heart ❯ Confession ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note:
 
I still don't own Fruits Basket...
 
Confession:
 
“Bye Hana-chan! Bye Uo-chan! See you tomorrow!” Tohru waved to her friends as she headed home at the end of the day.
 
Tohru was still thinking about Kyo. `The way he ran off like that...' she thought. `It's almost as if -'
 
“Miss Honda?”
 
“Huh?” Tohru spun around, bumping into Yuki!
 
POOF!
 
“Aiii! I am soooo sorry, Yuki!” cried Tohru, quickly picking up the pile of clothes on the ground. “I didn't mean to, it's just that -”
 
“It's alright, Miss Honda. As long as nobody saw, remember?” The mouse smiled, it's purple eyes twinkling. Tohru smiled back.
 
“Right! I keep forgetting!” Tohru looked around carefully. No one was around. “I don't think anyone saw...”
 
“Good. That means that we don't have to erase anyone's memory.”
 
“Right!”
 
“Shall we head home now?”
 
“Yes! Of course! Silly me!” Tohru laughed.
 
They headed home side by side.
 
*********************************
 
“Miss Honda?” said Yuki, pausing as they neared Shigure's house.
 
“Yes, Yuki?”
 
“I'm going to my secret base for a while. I'll see you at home, alright?”
 
“Do you want me to come, too?” asked Tohru.
 
“No, I'll be fine.”
 
“Umm, ok.”
 
“Until later, Miss Honda.” smiled Yuki, his eyes twinkling secretively.
 
“Bye!” Tohru waved.
 
`I wonder what that was about.' thought Tohru.
 
A few minutes later Tohru arrived home, sliding the door open.
 
“Hello? Shigure? Kyo?” she called, slipping her shoes off. “Anyone home?”
 
Silence.
 
`I guess they're out then.' Tohru thought to herself. `And I was hoping to see Kyo... Maybe he's on the roof. I'll bring him some snacks to cheer him up! But first - time to freshen up!'
 
Tohru headed to the bathroom, only to her a familiar voice whispering her name. She froze, hidden from view.
 
“Tohru - I... You see, Tohru, I... Tohru... I have always...” Kyo lowered his head, gripping the sides of the sink in anger. “Damn it! Why can't I just say it! Why can't I just tell Tohru that I have feelings for her! DAMN IT!”
 
Tohru blushed. `I shouldn't be here... Maybe I should go now... I don't want to eavesdrop...' But she felt as if she was rooted to the spot, unable to move, well in earshot of Kyo's confession.
 
“Why can't I just tell her that I... Damn it...” Kyo slid down onto the floor. “I bet she doesn't even like me... She probably likes that stupid rat... He gets everything... But why can't I have this one thing... this one person... that I... I love...” Tears started to fall down his face. “Damn it, I love her... I love Tohru...”
 
Tohru turned the deepest shade of red ever imaginable.