Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Black & White Heart ❯ Congratulations ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5: Congratulations

Sunday.

5.46am.

Shigure was on a mission.

"Tohru?" he said, knocking on Tohru's bedroom door. There was a slight shuffling from inside when the door was nearly torn off its hinges as Tohru yanked it open, a worried look on her face and a pastel pink dressing gown wrapped around her.

"Shigure? Is everything alright? Is there anything I can do to help, or, or, what's wrong?" she panicked.

"Tohru," Shigure laughed, holding his hands up, "There's nothing wrong, I just need everyone up early today if you don't mind."

Tohru blinked, her face relaxing, "Oh, no, I don't mind. I'll start making breakfast if everyone has to get up."

Shigure smiled as he watched her wander down the stairs, She just does what is asked, and she didn't even ask why I'm getting everyone up. That reason as to why he was doing this suddenly came across his mind and he took a deep breath, "This is going to be a long day." He said to himself, as he walked over to Kyo's room and knocked on the door.

"What?" came the angry voice from inside.

"Are you awake?"

"I answered didn't I?"

Well that was simple. He wasn't surprised Kyo was up; he was the one to be awake at ridiculous hours in the morning.

Shigure now stood in front of Yuki's room. He stood there staring at the wood debating whether or not to enter the Room of Morning Doom. Putting a finger to his chin in thought, he shook his head.

"Nope, not yet. I better get prepared for waking that one up." Walking down the stairs and hoping over the still asleep Haru, Shigure popped his head round the kitchen. "Tohru? You couldn't do me a favour and get a bag of ice wrapped up in a cloth ready for me could you?"

Tohru looked at him oddly before nodding, "Sure."

Shigure turned to walk back towards the stairs but paused next to Haru. Looking down at him fast asleep, a small sleepy smile on his lips, Shigure grinned to himself. He began to walk away, waving a hand over his shoulder.

"Yuki's just getting out of the bath all dripping wet and naked!"

Haru's eyes shot open and instantly sat up wide-awake.

Shigure marched back up the stairs to Yuki's room and stood outside again, taking another deep breath and putting a stern and serious look on his face. Slowly sliding back the door, he poked his head round the corner. As he thought at this hour, Yuki was fast asleep. He tip toed in and made his way over to the bed. As he got closer to this supposed "sleeping angel", his stern face decided to change to one of extreme worry at his possible fate.

He put one finger towards Yuki's shoulder, retreated slightly, and then tapped it gently, "Yuki?" No response, "Yuki you'd better get up." He said as he poked a little harder. Still really asleep, Yuki's hand slowly swatted at his shoulder and he turned over to face the curtains.

Shigure stood back and bit his bottom lip. He really didn't want to do this, for his own personal safety. I hope Tohru's got that bag of ice ready. He walked over to the curtains and pulled them apart, letting the bright early morning sun shine straight through onto Yuki's face. Shigure cringed and waited. Frowning slightly, Yuki raised his arm bringing the bed covers with him and putting them over this head.

"Yuki?" Shigure said, leaning in close to him. He was going to have to wake him up one way or another, Don'thurt me he silently implored, "Yuki? Yuki Yuki Yuki Yuki Yuki Yu-"

WHACK!

"--WHAT?!?!?"

-----

It was a peaceful Sunday morning at Shigure's house. The gentle morning sun was slowly seeping through the trees tops leaving a golden twirling pattern on the grass below. The early birds were beginning to twitter and the trickling stream followed its course through the forest. It was quiet, it was serene, it was…

"…Far too early to be getting up." Said a half-asleep Yuki, rubbing one eye in tiredness and yawning, "Why did you wake me up?"

From across the table Haru sat leaning against the wall, his hands behind his head, watching quietly. His hopefully-soon-to-be-mine Yuki, sleepy eyes, hair ruffled, looking entirely too cute for his own good, sat just a few feet away from him. The early morning look was adorable and Haru's black personality suddenly decided to contribute a thought. The thought that the reason Yuki looked so tired was because he had been kept up all night, and his hair wasn't ruffled just from sleeping.

"Hhehe, well, I have some very good news for you all!" Shigure sat at the table with a very nervous grin on his face currently holding that bag of ice to his recently pummeled head.

"Really?" said Tohru, smiling eagerly.

"What good news?" asked Kyo.

"Well the reason I got you up early is because we have a visitor coming around this morning and I thought it best you were all wide awake and not half asleep and moody when he comes."

"Who is it?" Yuki asked, now rather interested.

Shigure just kept that strange nervous grin on his face and paused before he spoke again, "Are you sure you're properly awake Yuki?"

Yuki's curiosity suddenly faded and his eyes darkened, "Why?"

"Er, eheh, well it's-"

"GOOD MORNING everyone!!"

Both Yuki and Kyo faltered and slowly turned their heads to confirm their fears. There in the doorway, stood the one and only red clothed "Fabric store" owner and resident aggravating brother, Ayame Sohma.

"HOW IS HE GOOD NEWS?!" They both screamed at Shigure.

"Well he's good news for me." Shigure answered with an honest expression on his face.

"Why the hell did you wake up us earlier to see HIM?" said Kyo, standing with one foot on the table leaning over Shigure rather menacingly.

"Well, I thought it better that everyone be wide awake and in a good mood to see him than half asleep and more, err, dangerous." He said, glancing at Yuki for the last few words, who sat with his eyes closed obviously trying to calm himself before he did something that Ayame would with no doubt regret.

"Tsk tsk Shigure," said Ayame, flicking his hair back, "My visit should not be a chore…"

"It's slavery…" Yuki mumbled, as Shigure simply smiled at his friend.

"It's something to be excited about! Something to celebrate!"

Tohru smiled cheerfully, happy to see Ayame again. She always liked it when he came round, she would always try and help him with his relationship with Yuki, and despite what the others may think, he does try, even if he's not too successful with it.

"Don't worry too much," said Shigure, "Aya's just staying here for this morning," he looked up at Ayame through the corner of his eye and smirked flirtatiously, "because then the two of us are going out together for the afternoon."

"That we are my dear Shigure." Ayame said, his voice a little huskier, "Although I must protest about you waking poor Yuki up at that hour," Yuki looked up at his brother with a slight stunned look on his face,

"What if he hadn't been alone?"

……

……

A sudden precarious look came across Yuki's darkened eyes as his eyelids fell looking at his brother. Shigure's eyes however flew open and he stared wide-eyed up at Ayame shaking his head vigorously.

"I mean really that wouldn't have been polite now would it?"

"Aya…" Shigure pleaded, raising his palms in the air.

Yuki turned his irritated face towards Shigure, suddenly thinking that as usual Shigure may be behind whatever was going on.

"And of course I have to check on Hatsuharu now."

Shigure coughed deliberately, "Aya…" he whispered, seeing the perilous glower on Yuki's face.

Haru looked up from staring in a daze at Yuki and stared at Ayame, "Me?"

"Of course!" Ayame cheered, "After all I have to make sure that you two are-"

"WELL then!" came a false cheer from Shigure as he leapt up from the floor and ran in front of Ayame, "I expect your hungry I'm sure we still have something left to eat for you somewhere in the Kitchen."

Ayame let himself be pushed through the room towards the Kitchen, but stopped at the Kitchen entrance. Looking back past a still pleading Shigure shaking his head, Ayame looked at his younger brother and suddenly realised, "Oh! So they haven't-"

"-YES WONDERFUL!!!"

-----

Yuki sat in his bedroom alone, doing homework. Maybe he was just too tired this morning, or maybe is was the sudden rush of annoyance and anger at seeing his brother, but whatever it was, it wasn't until he had retreated upstairs to get away from said brother that the memory of Haru kissing him came flooding back into his mind, drowning any sensible thoughts of anything to do with homework. He pushed his books to one side and walked towards his window, resting his elbows on the windowsill staring out into the forest beyond. He had already spent the entire night trying to figure out why he didn't react to Haru's kiss, whether it was to push him away or to kiss him back. He felt a small blush rise to his cheeks at the memory and shook his head. Maybe if he just didn't say anything Haru would forget it ever happened, That's pathetic, said a voice inside him, Like Haru's going to forget that. Knowing him he's probably standing outside my door right now wanting to come in to finish it off.

Yuki's eyes widened at his own thought and told his brain to be quiet. For once his brain complied and pushed that kiss right to back of his mind. It was just a one off thing, he told himself, That's not going to happen again, Haru was just trying to prove a point……I thought I told you to be quiet?

-----

Ayame sat half listening to Shigure's conversation with Tohru as he watched Haru walk up the stairs. He sipped his tea and sat unusually quietly as he looked at the contented expression on the Ox's face.

-----

Yuki sighed annoyed at himself and sat back down at his desk, opening his Cultural History book and trying to concentrate. A few minutes later however he gave up. Sighing once again, he stood up and stared at his door. He should probably help Tohru with the dinner; he hadn't spent much time with her this weekend and didn't want her to think he was ignoring her.

-----

"Where are you going?" said Shigure.

"Oh, no where." Said Ayame, as he wandered over to the bottom of the stairs and peered upwards.

-----

Yuki smiled sweetly. His mind forgetting Haru for the moment and focusing on Tohru, he walked away from his desk and opened his door.

"Yuki!"

Yuki stood in shock to see a smiling Haru standing the other side of his door, wanting to come in to finish it off.

Yuki slammed the door in Haru's face; his heart beat racing and his face bright red.

-----

Ayame heard a door slam and placed his hand on the banister, taking one step up.

-----

"Err, Yuki?" asked Haru the door, placing his palm against it. Haru hadn't expected that, all he wanted was to ask if Yuki wanted a drink, as per request by Tohru. Why should he be angry with him? Had he done some---

Haru suddenly felt very ill.

What if that kiss hadn't been a good sign? What if Yuki hated him now for that, is that why he just shut the door on his face? Couldn't he bear to look at him? He hadn't spoken to him all morning. Is that it? Haru knocked on the door,

"Yuki? Can I come in?"

There was no reply from the other side, which made Haru worry even more. He knocked once again, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for yesterday." He paused, unsure what to say as there wasn't really much he could do to apologise, "I know I shouldn't have kissed you."

-----

Ayame's eyes widened excitedly and risked a peek around the wall to see Haru pressed up against Yuki's door. He had just caught that last line and felt a wave of happiness for his brother. Although it didn't appear his brother seemed to think so.

-----

Still silence. Haru definitely didn't like this. He didn't like to think that Yuki hated him, not his Yuki, not the one he wanted to hug forever more, not the one he would go to the ends of the earth for, not the one who was currently opening the door.

Opening the door?

Haru suppressed a smile at fear it may worsen the situation as the door opened just a crack. However, the next few moments seemed to be some strange nightmarish blur. Just as Yuki opened the door wide enough, it sounded as though someone was running towards them. Haru turned to his right to see an ecstatically delighted Ayame running towards him arms out stretched wide.

"Well really you should have told me all this time!" he said, swooping Haru in one arm.

He then proceeded to push the door fully open, snatching it away from Yuki's hand who stood there for just enough time to register the fact that his hand was now only holding air, before his brother wrapped his arm around his waist and found himself in a three way hug with Haru.

"Oh congratulations! I knew it, I just knew it! I know Shigure told had told me but to be honest I didn't believe it!" He suddenly pulled away from the hug and pushed Haru and Yuki together, which didn't quite go to plan as Haru simply hit his head on Yuki's shoulder toppling forward. "But now I do, oh my don't you two look so cute together I just have to tell everybody, oh you really should have told me!!"

At hearing his name, and especially from the direction it was coming from, Shigure shot up the stairs and ran into Yuki's room to find Ayame standing there gleaming. Yuki, who had fallen on his back on the bed, and Haru…well…Haru…

"Why Aya," said Shigure, looking rather impressed at the scene in front of him, "I have to say I was worried when you started talking about this in front of them, but it looks as though you may have actually brought them together."

…For Haru was lying directly on top of Yuki, the way they had fallen having Haru's hands trapping Yuki's arms above him, one of Haru's legs tucked nicely between Yuki's, and their two shocked blushing faces barely an inch apart.

"I know! Isn't it cute?" said Ayame, clapping his hands together and sliding an arm around Shigure's shoulder.

"You bastards." Haru growled.

Both Shigure and Ayame stopped grinning and looked at the pair, Haru slowly climbing off of the stunned Yuki and standing up. "If you hadn't barged in like that," he began in a gravely low voice, facing away from them but his hands clenched as fists at his side, "If you've made Yuki hate me even more," he turned to look at the two adults, his eyes glazed with rage,

"Then I'll kill you."

Ayame and Shigure glanced at each other, glanced back at Haru, then turned and ran down the hallway clambering down the stairs and out the front door, "I guess we'll be going on our little outing now!" Shigure shouted back, as a deadly furious Black Haru sprinted out the door after them.

"Get back here you cowards! I'll make you regret the day you were born you BASTARDS!!!"

As the three of them faded into the distant forest, Yuki walked unsteadily down the stairs, stopping at the bottom when Kyo walked past him into the living area. "I'm not even gonna ask." He said without even looking at Yuki.

Yes, what would have Yuki said if Kyo had asked? For a strange part of him, was rather sad that Haru had stood up.

To Be Continued…