Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Black & White Heart ❯ Too Many Things ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: Cos writing entire paragraphs in italic suck, any long flashback scenes will be like this: {{{{ paragraph }}}}.

-----

Chapter 23: Too Many Things

So, this is what Haru had been hiding. No wonder he had turned Black on me the other day when I grabbed his bag. Kyo thought amused, looking at Haru's secret little item he had found under Yuki's pillow (although he tried not to think about how it got there). He would have SO much fun with this when Haru got back home.

Bribery would never be so fun.

------

Yuki knelt by the table holding that single red rose, staring at the silky petals. Typical Haru, it had to be from him, well of course it was from him.

Idiot, he thought fondly, filling a glass up with water and placing the Rose inside it on the table. Haru could come up with the simplest but most warming gestures sometimes. One little rose from Haru felt so much more than an entire bunch of roses Kane had given him a couple of days ago. It was, cute. Yuki then found himself wondering once again where Haru had disappeared too; he was going to miss lunch. He had already missed breakfast, and he couldn't even remember if he had had dinner last night or not. Then again, he couldn't remember if he himself had had dinner or not either.

Nor anything else for that matter.

Idly picking at his food, thinking it was probably in his best interest to eat something after drinking so much so quickly, Yuki began to run through his mind once again the events of last night. He was determined to remember what Haru apparently thought was so wonderful, but had convinced himself at this point that it couldn't have been anything…that…well, he'd regret….as such.

Resting his elbow on the table with his head in his hand, eating with the other, he once again attempted to remember anything of importance.

-----

That night was most likely the best night of his life! He had never felt anything like that. The way he felt for Yuki when 'that' had happened, ohh, it sent shivers of joy down his spine!

Haru didn't want to tell Yuki what happened that night, he wanted him to remember. He didn't want Yuki to think he was putting thoughts into his mind making him think he was lying to him to make him feel they should be together. Although after last night….things should be pretty different from now on…ohh, he couldn't wait for Yuki to remember!

{{{{{ Waking up to find his love wrapped up in his arms after that, it couldn't have been more perfect. Yuki's soft hair flayed on his shoulder, his lips gently pressed against Haru's chest as he slept. If heaven had existed, this was it, especially after what he had just experienced. For this wasn't a dream, it was a pure fantasy that had come true.

Well, part from the headache he seemed to have, although he wasn't quite sure why.

Today he would do anything and everything for Yuki, not that he wouldn't have done anyway, but especially today. As he watched the peaceful sleeping face, Haru began to wonder if Yuki would regret what happened, he was drunk after all, but somehow, it didn't feel that had anything to do with it. As the recollections of the night returned to his mind, Haru closed his eyes in blissful memory as Yuki unconsciously hugged him a little closer in his sleep. But as unbelievably happy as Haru felt, there was still this worry that Yuki would regret what happened. Opening one eye to look down at his love, Haru bit his lip. He didn't want Yuki to regret it, he'd been waiting for that for so long. Perhaps it would be best to get up before he wakes up, at least then Haru wouldn't be in the line of fire if Yuki really was mad at him, at least first thing in the morning anyway. As much as he didn't want to, Haru slowly untangled himself from Yuki and half crawled half fell out the bed, wincing and looking up quickly at Yuki to make sure he didn't wake up, but all he did was move over a little on his back. He couldn't help it any more, but now whenever he looked at Yuki, he just wanted to giggle in happiness. Refraining from that uncharacteristic outburst, Haru made his way over to the showers to clear his mind,

And to make sure the water was cold.

Unfortunately, no matter how cold the shower was, it couldn't stop his mind wandering to certain images, and by the time he came out, he was very close on the edge of his Black personality showing. It would be okay though as long as he didn't see Yuki, at least, that had been his thought until he walked out the door to see Yuki sitting with his back towards him looking all tired and cute. }}}}}

It was because of this little flashback Haru now found himself staring dazed at a wall, while the woman behind the counter he was standing in front of looked at him perplexed, as she handed him the change for the small box he had purchased from the little resort shop.

------

Having eaten his lunch, and remembering nothing more about the night before, Yuki decided he would have to go and look for Haru. With the length of time he was gone he had to have gotten lost, and besides, he left this rose here for him not so long ago, so he couldn't be too far away.

-----

Shigure was humming away innocently as he waxed the wooden floor at the end of the corridor outside Yuki and Haru's room, plan in mind and hands at work. That rose should get Yuki curious enough to go and look for Haru, right about…

Now.

As if on cue, Shigure watched through the corner of his eye, his face shielded by a headscarf and his shawl covering his body looking like a normal servant of the springs, as Yuki began to walk towards him. Placing the waxer and bucket inside a storage cupboard, Shigure walked across the adjourning corridor to see Haru walking the other way.

This couldn't have been more perfect if he had planned it!

Well, he had planned it, but that wasn't the point.

Crouching a little lower to make him seem shorter, Shigure pulled his headscarf a little more over his face and nodded politely as 'she' walked past Haru. Haru however was paying no attention to the disguised Shigure, as he walked hurriedly back to his room to give Yuki the present he had bought him. It wasn't much, but having noticed it on the way in, he wanted to get it, just a silly little present really.

"YAHHH!"

Haru had just walked round the corner to the corridor that led to their room, when in a flash he saw Yuki suddenly skidding towards him on a strangely very shiny floor, banging straight into him making them fall both through the door that was behind Haru. Trying to grab onto the doorframe to stop them from falling didn't work, and Yuki only managed to somehow flip them round so he was falling down first. With arms a tangled from sliding straight onto Haru, the back of Yuki's heal hit against something and he toppled backwards, bringing Haru down with him.

- "Yuki had wrapped his arms around Haru and began to kiss him back, not pulling away when Haru's hand began to roam further down his back." -

"What the…?" Yuki breathed softly, wide-eyed as that memory flashed across his mind as he fell to the floor with Haru right on top of him.

Squelch.

………………… 230;……Squelch?

Both boys looked around them and realised they had fallen into something warm, thick…and strangely brown.

"Urgh, what…?" Haru began, pulling his arm heavily out of this strange sticky stuff that Yuki was half buried in being the one who had fallen in first, "This is-"

"Ah welcome!" came a friendly female voice, as a young woman in a deep red flowery kimono walked towards them.

-----

"Mud baths?!" Ayame squealed, as he placed a two tall, fiery red candles near the door out to the hotspring in Yuki and Haru's bedroom.

"Of course! They'll be busy in there for a while which will give us a chance to touch up this room with a bit of Shigure magic." Shigure finished, arranging a mix of red and white roses in one corner of the room, "Set the mood, see the emotion," he stated proudly.

------

He had never had what people would call a 'normal' life to begin with. Not only did he have the joy of being cursed for the rest of existence, but Yuki had to put up with an obsessive Akito, obsessive fangirls, and now an obsessive Haru, although admittedly out of all of them he could put up with Haru. So out of all of these strange things that had already happened in his short life, he found himself wondering why these things always happened to him, as he sat up to his shoulders in, one way or another, an apparently soothing mud as the young lady who seemed to be in charge of these baths was making up some concoction at the back of the room near a massage table. It was more like a mudspring it was so big, but inside away from the cold. He tried not to think about the fact he was sitting in a giant bath of mud, but instead focused on the fact that this was a proper cleansing, pampering facility and closed his eyes, forcing his brain to relax and just enjoy it.

At least he would have been able to if Haru hadn't moved another few feet towards him from the other end of bath.

Peering through one eye, he kept an every ready watch on the black and white haired boy as he moved closer again, trying to look inconspicuous as he just stared up at the ceiling and moved unknowingly under the mud instead.

Yuki closed his eyes, there was no stopping him on trying to stay close. So as Yuki didn't seem to be making any attempt to move, Haru slid right up next to him. He looked at Yuki for a moment, who knew Haru was staring at him but didn't open his eyes anyway. If he opened his eyes he'd have to acknowledge to most likely loveable look in Haru's eyes that he always has.

"Yuki?"

"Mmm?"

Yuki's eyes snapped open as Haru suddenly tapped a finger on his nose leaving a small mud patch on the very tip. Haru just grinned cutely as Yuki raised his arm to rub it off when of course his arm was covered in mud too, so instead gave up and closed his eyes again, sighing softly.

Haru watched him again, sensing that sigh had more of an annoyed tone to it, "What's wrong?" he asked.

Yuki just sighed again and tried to turn away a little from Haru who was shoulder to shoulder with him. He opened his eyes looking down at the mud, not wanting to look at Haru, "Haru…what happened last night?"

That memory that had arisen when they had first fallen into this room was bugging him. It was like his own brain was teasing him with images of what may have happened, and was laughing at him for not being able to remember. He was getting very annoyed at himself for not remembering, and was curious, and yet scared to really know. But this was ridiculous; surely he should have been able to remember by now. He wanted to know, he needed to know what so special about that night, why Haru was acting so adoringly today. Well not that he doesn't every day it would seem, but even more so now. He looked back towards Haru when he didn't answer, only to suddenly find him holding a towel he had obviously reached for behind on the decking. Taking one edge, he gently wiped the small bit of mud off Yuki's nose and smiled,

"I want you to remember."

"Well I don't." Yuki snapped back, agitated at himself rather than Haru, but Haru didn't see that because his smile faded away. Yuki saw this and was quick to apologise, "I'm not angry at you Haru, I just…I just don't understand why I can't remember. Please tell me."

The last sentence almost seemed desperate, and Haru's smile returned. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if he told him, it was silly to think he wouldn't believe him right? After all Yuki knew how he felt about him, he knew he wouldn't lie. "Before I do, maybe you'd better answer something else first." He said, as he leant over and kissed Yuki quickly and softly on the lips, before sitting back again, "How come you never pull away?"

"Now your skins soak up all those healthy minerals it's off the Hotsprings to get all clean!"

Haru turned towards the happy girl who stood at one side of the mud bath, Yuki staring ahead of him at the wall blushing. The girl was smiling very widely, obviously enjoying this job, and held out two towels for them. It was pretty strange to have a girl looking after any men in the baths, but Haru didn't ponder that for very long as those sorts of things never really bothered him.

-----

"You put a girl in to look after them?" Ayame said surprised, half way to hanging up a muslin drape, attaching it to the ceiling to hang down at one side of Yuki's bed, "……very good Shigure." He grinned slyly.

"Well we don't want any tempting young man to tear our Yuki away now do we?" Shigure teased, taking out his camera from a small black case.

Ayame blinked, "I thought you said you promised Yuki you wouldn't take any more pictures?"

Shigure grinned, walking over and holding the camera out to Ayame, ""I did, and I always keep my promises, I am not going to take any more pictures of either Yuki or Haru." He said honestly, before smirking, "Although he didn't say anything about someone else not taking them."

Ayame looked at the camera then back at Shigure, before grinning back and taking the small object, "Oh Shigure you certainly know what you're doing."

------

Why didn't he pull away? Why didn't he pull away?

This same question ran in his mind over and over again as he found himself back once again sitting in a hotspring with Haru. He had kissed him, what, three… four times since he had moved in? And apart from this morning when he had taken him by surprise, Yuki hadn't once pulled away. Just sort of stood there, confused, every time confused. It was beginning to annoy him as to why he was confused. The automatic thought for this confusion was that it was Haru, not only two boys but from the same family as well. But that sentiment didn't seem as strong as it used to be.

Years ago if Haru had tried to kiss him, which he had done on several occasions actually, Yuki had pulled away and called him an idiot, or whatever other kind of mixture of words he could think of at that moment. It was only after originally moving in to Shigure's house did Yuki find himself missing Haru. Don't get him wrong, he would NEVER go back to the Estate, even if he'd never see Haru again, but that didn't mean to say he still missed him, and the longer that time went by the more he missed him each day. So when he had turned up home that day to find Haru sitting there, Shigure saying he was staying, Yuki felt a surge of something that since then had made him confused every time he saw his friend. Knowing Haru would be living with him, Yuki would have thought it would be a simple happy feeling, that the best friend he had been missing would be here and they wouldn't have to spend so long apart. Well, there was that, but there was another feeling as well, a feeling that luckily at the time Yuki had stopped himself from showing, because all he wanted to do was to run up to Haru and hug him.

So, ever since that day, Yuki had wondered why he had felt that, why he had wanted to be close to Haru, and only since that feeling appeared, he had stopped pulling away when Haru ever kissed him.

Sighing to himself once again, he opened his eyes and looked across at Haru, who strangely enough hadn't moved closer to Yuki since they had got in. Instead, he was staring at the water, with what looked like a small blush on his cheeks. Yuki didn't know why, but decided he was already thinking of too many things at once and so closed his eyes again, relaxing in the spring.

Haru quickly glanced over at Yuki and returned to staring at the water again. How could he possibly go near Yuki in the hotsprings again, when all he could think about is what Yuki was doing to him yesterday in the springs instead.

He needed to get Yuki drunk more often!

To Be Continued…