Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Black & White Heart ❯ Merged Heart ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: The Zodiac Kanji necklaces Haru bought you can actually get. Go to www.japanimation.com , look under Jewellery, then Chinese Zodiac and those very necklaces are there. I bought 3 of them, one for me and one for my two best friends, 2 rats and 1 ox, quite convenient huh, hehe.

Chapter 27: Merged Heart

There were some things that should never be put together. Some things that should never be in the same place at the same time. Some things that were just not meant to be.

Two of these things…were Ayame and mud.

"No! No I've changed my mind!!"

Currently the silvered haired clothes designer was torn between running away very very fast from the gooey mud awaiting him, or giving in reluctantly to his best friend's face of wanting to try this out, saying it "Would be no fun on my own!"

His only exit was being blocked by that said best friend, and the only other door led to the springs outside where the snow storm was still coming down. He definitely wasn't going to go that way, although as a random bubble escaped sloppily from the mud, and Ayame cringed, that outside door was starting to look more welcoming then what was in here.

-----

Now they were 'official', although that still felt strange to say it, Yuki had suddenly become incredibly shy about the whole situation, and was annoyed at himself for being so because it just wasn't like him. The sound of running tap water came from the bathroom where Haru was, while Yuki simply lay underneath the bedcovers, pulled up right over his nose for his shyness kicking in. He noticed what he was doing and quickly shoved the covers away again so they were half way down his chest instead. There was absolutely nothing to be shy about, they had done this before, nothing had changed!

At least, thinking that made it a little easier.

Yuki lay there staring up at the ceiling wooden beamed ceiling, his thoughts temporarily focusing on his brother. The man was such an idiot, he should have known Ayame and Shigure was behind all of this right from the moment they arrived, what with no one else being here, all conveniently booked just for the two of them with no other guests. He supposed at the time he had been thinking about Haru too much to notice all the strange goings on throughout their time here, and come to think of it, one of the maids never did look quite feminine enough. Oh well, there was nothing he could do to change what had happened now, not that…he particularly wanted anything to change now. Yuki looked across at the closed bathroom door, his lips smiling softly knowing who was behind it. Maybe it wasn't such a bad thing they had arranged this, maybe…maybe he might say something to Shigure.

But Ayame, forget it!

-----

"Aya you must over come your fear!" said Shigure, kneeling by one of the mud baths looking over at his half terrified looking friend standing by the now guardless door, only to find it now locked anyway.

"But 'Gure! I don't want to get my hair covered in that!!"

Ayame had resorted back to his precious hair excuse, not even wanting to think about what kind of a state it would get covered in mud like that.

"We can put your hair up." Shigure argued, walking round one of the baths aiming for his friend, looking all too innocent.

Ayame knew this look all to well, and knew exactly what he was going to do, "Don't you dare push me in there!!"

Shigure just grinned and ran over to his friend, Ayame bolting out the way of the out stretched hands wanting to ruin his not only his hair but apparently his clothes now as well.

And that was unforgivable!!

"Come now Aya! It'll be fun!"

"It will not be fun I am not going in there!!!" before Ayame suddenly made a mad rush for the doors leading outside.

To the snow.

And the freezing cold.

He wouldn't would he?

"Aya wait you're going to-"

But before he could say another word, he slipped at the side of one of the baths, and if Ayame wasn't already outside the door, would have seen his friend now disappear into a bath of mud.

-----

This was a very very bad idea.

Okay, Yuki had actually agreed, he had actually said yes to them sleeping together, in the same bed that is, and now the one time were Haru could simple snuggle up to him quite perfectly contently with Yuki's consent, his Black side decided to try and struggle through instead. Haru, both hands at the side of the sink, had his eyes squeezed shut trying to will his darker personality away.

Hehehehehehh, we're all alooooone! He's all ours now! He can't say no to us anymore…

No, no, no no no he would not let this side through! But the more he thought about just the two of them, yes all alone, yes willing, his White side was beginning to betray him by agreeing!!! This wasn't good, because as Haru turned to open the bathroom door, his mind was set on not being contented enough with just cuddling. As he opened the door, Yuki lying there staring up at the ceiling, his bed shirt slightly un-done at the top, his arm lying on the pillow behind his head, Haru found himself enchanted with the beauty laid out before him.

And apparently so was his black side.

Yuki turned his head towards him when the bathroom door had opened, and was about to say something when he stopped. The look in Haru's eyes as he stared at him…

…Oh no.

"No," Yuki began to sit up preparing for what he knew was happening, "No Haru WAIT-"

Haru jumped him, pinning him to the bed with a rather insane looking grin on his face,

"Heheh, you're all mine now!" he growled, before leaning down for a forceful kiss, Yuki struggling to gain control underneath Haru's black sided strength.

But the worrying thing was, was that Yuki wasn't struggling as much as he used to, wasn't resisting as much as he should be, in fact, as Haru held him so close, kissing him so deeply, Yuki felt himself melting into the soft bed beneath him, and could feel his heart start to beat faster at the touches. His eyes closed dreamily, letting himself get lost in the sensations he had never felt before, but seemingly perfectly happy to now with Haru, Black or White.

It was when Haru's hand started roaming underneath his shirt when he began to panic.

Panic because he wasn't stopping it.

Eyes now wide open at the feeling of the hand wandering over his chest, Yuki tried to raise his own hand to at least try and stop him, but was still unable to move from underneath Haru's grasp, his wrists being held down as Haru continued to obsess over Yuki's lips. As Haru finally pulled back, he looked down at the now disheveled looking Yuki and smiled, running his tongue over his own lips,

"You really are much tastier." He said, referring back to when he was ill in Yuki's bed and 'attacked' him.

Yuki blushed at that, and looked away. It was ridiculous how Haru could affect him like this now.

What the…?

As Yuki had looked away in embarrassment towards the patio doors, he saw another face looking back at him!! The doors suddenly opened, letting a blast of freezing wind and snowflakes engulf the room for a moment, before whoever had opened the door closed it behind them, and was then swallow up in a batch of smoke and disappeared.

The two boys watched wide eyed as the snow finally died down, and one small, silvery snake emerged out of the pile of red clothes on the ground, slithering over to the room door.

"Don't mind me," came the voice from the snake, "Just continue doing what you were doing!" and slithered out of sight through the door.

Both Yuki and Haru watched it disappear and stared the door for a moment. The silent moment passed, before Haru spoke.

"What was I doing?"

For White Haru had now returned.

Yuki smiled, quite relived for once at his brothers timing, and instead pulled Haru towards him so they were lying together side by side, "We were going to sleep remember?"

"…Oh yeah." Haru replied, although he didn't sound too convinced.

Funny, he was sure he'd just missed out on something very tasty, even though he had already had dinner.

Still, he wasn't complaining. He turned over on his side to lie right up close to Yuki. He loved to just be close to him like this, draping one arm over his chest as he snuggled up to him. He took one of Yuki hands and intertwined their fingers as they lay there, Haru's head on Yuki's shoulder, perfectly content. Hugging Yuki was his second most favourite thing to do.

Kissing him was of course, the first.

-----

A snake form Ayame slithered through the hall ways, back to the mud baths to get Shigure back for making him go out into the cold. He would bound to still be waiting for him there, so he'd hide until he transformed back, sneak up behind him, and push him into the disgusting stuff instead. Sliding back the door just an inch with his tail, Ayame peered round the corner to make sure Shigure wasn't looking. From where he was he couldn't see much, so slithered through underneath one of the massaging tables. He still couldn't see Shigure, maybe he went back to their room after all? Hmm, but Shigure wasn't one to give up, so Ayame ventured out a little further over to one of the ridges near the mud baths to get a better view of the room.

That was when a hand suddenly flew out from one of the baths and grabbed the defenseless snake, and Ayame found himself submerged in the mud he had been so desperately trying to avoid.

"Hhehehe! I told you I'd get you in here!" came the voice that belonged to the hand.

Ayame looked up to see a mud covered Shigure, still in his clothes after falling in, sitting there grinning like the idiot he was. Ayame, now covered in mud right up to his head, couldn't really do much but sigh, defeated.

"Shigureeeee," he whined, "If I transform back while in here I will hold you personally responsible for paying for my hair recovery treatment."

"Oh stop worrying!" Shigure smiled, letting Aya rest on his palms so he didn't sink into the mud.

"Well…it is warm I suppose." Ayame said sleepily, feeling his reptile instincts kicking in as the warmth seeped into his skin. It…it was rather nice, maybe he could do this just once. But he wouldn't let Shigure trick him again!!

Until next time anyway.

"Hey look." Said Shigure, looking out towards the doors heading to the outside. The howling wind that had been filling the room suddenly stopped, and through the windows could see that the snow was getting lighter, the smaller white fluffy bits illuminating from the yellow lanterns outside, "Looks like its passing over."

"Oh finally!" Ayame said relived, wishing every winter away as soon as it came, "Can we leave tomorrow morning? I don't want to stay in the cold anymore."

"But it's not cold in here."

"Nor do I want to sit in mud for the rest of day either." Ayame stated bluntly, letting his feelings known once again on the issue.

"There's always the hotsprings."

"But that's outside in the cold."

"Well that would be why they call them Hotsprings."

Ayame looked back to his friend, seeing that same pleading puppy dog look on his face again when he was trying convincing him to come into the mud baths. It was a look that if you didn't say yes too usually meant you'd be on the receiving end of either a practical joke or a comedic revenge plot, as he had just experienced.

"Oh yes, alright, but only in the morning!"

As Shigure smiled his gratitude, Ayame suddenly started struggling in the mud, trying to get back to the edge, "Aya…?" Shigure asked, slightly worried.

"Get me out of here! Put me on the side please Shigure put me on the side!"

"Why?"

POOF!

In another explosion of smoke the Snake disappeared, and in its place sat a very worried looking Ayame.

"Errr…" Shigure began, before Ayame…

"MY HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIR!!!"

-----

He couldn't help it, he just couldn't stop looking at him. Haru had woken up again about one hour later, and now his head rested in his hand as he propped up on his elbow, staring down at his Angel. He had his Yuki, he had finally managed to wear away the barricade Yuki had placed around his heart. He was in love with him so deeply, he'd do anything for him. He traced one finger down Yuki's exposed neck and leant in to kiss him gently on the cheek, as the unaware form slept on.

"I love you…" Haru whispered in the darkness, "I'm so happy you love me too."

A very sleepy hand moved from lying across his stomach and wrapped itself across Haru instead, as Yuki's head tilted towards him in his sleep.

There were only two real occasions where Haru's two personalities agreed with each other. 1), was with Akito, but that was something that was to be forgotten, and 2) was how much he loved Yuki. Black and White were opposite in everyway. White the carefree, gentle, adoring side, Black the fierce, deadly dominating, and most likely slightly insane side, but when it came to Yuki, it was liked they had a merged heart, a Black and White heart.

And all of it belonged to Yuki.

-----

It had been a long, long, looong night for Kyo. He dreaded to think what the state of the downstairs house looked like now. He had, once again, point blankly refused to let Kagura wash his back in the bath for him, and had spent quite literally hours afterwards being chased around the house. Once he had managed to safely secure himself in his own room, blockading the doors and windows with whatever he could find, Kagura had spent the next few hours destroying the house. Normal he was awake very early every morning, but today, at 10.58am, Kyo was still fast asleep.

"WAHH!"

That was until an almighty crash suddenly came from somewhere outside his window, and Kyo shot out of bed so fast that he hit his head on the shelf above.

"Oi! Be careful up there!!" came a man's voice from outside his window, so rubbing his now sore head, Kyo wandered over to see one of builders standing outside ordering the rest of his minions about working on Haru's room.

"These guys work on a Sunday?" Kyo mumbled, walking over to his wardrobe, moving it out the way, and opening his door.

He walked over to Haru's new room, the door wide open with blue plastic mats on the floor to collect and stray dust, and two builders inside working on the walls. Taking a peek inside, he was surprised to see that it was nearly finished!! They hadn't been working on it for that long though.

"Hey." Kyo said, getting the attention of one of the younger ones nearer him, "You nearly done?" he asked slightly surprised.

"Yeah, well, we are getting paid extra for this job, so we thought we'd get it done as soon as possible. Besides, no one likes to work over the Christmas period."

Kyo frowned. Why was Shigure paying them extra? He then noticed what this builder was doing, "What's with all the shelves?"

The young builder in question was currently putting up his 7th shelf around the room, "It's what was asked," he replied, looking back to the nail he was hammering into the wall, "For all the books apparently."

Books?Haru?

"Right." He said, frowning again and turning away. What kinda weird plans where they following?

"KYOOO!"

Kyo froze on the spot as Kagura blocked his exit down the stairs, "Here's your morning breakfast!" she said sweetly, holding out a tray of all sorts of delicious edibles.

Well, at least she'd calmed down now.

"Yeah great." He said unenthusiastically, taking one step, slipping on one of the blue mats, and sliding straight towards her.

"MY KYO WANTS A HUG!!!" Kagura cried gleefully, throwing the tray into the air and catching her Kyo flying towards her.

"GET OFF ME!!"

Luckily at this point in time the phone rang, saving Kyo from a probable early grave at the way Kagura was hugging him, and, with her still clinging to him, dragged her down the stairs to answer the phone.

"Yeah what?!" Kyo demanded, trying to pry Kagura off his arm.

"WHERE'S SHIGURE!??!? HE WAS SUPPOSED TO CALL ME WHERE IS HE?!?"

Kyo held the phone away form his ear before he went deaf from Mii's screaming.

"He's not here, he went away for the weekend somewhere."

"WHAT!? Grrrr how can he do this too me his deadline was supposed to be TODAY!!!!"

"Geez calm down I can give you a number for him."

"GIVE IT TO ME!!! NOW! GIVE ME THAT NUMBER!!"

"KYO DON'T IGNORE ME!!" came Kagura's voice.

One ear had Mii screaming at him, the other had Kagura's. Neither one was gonna back down, and Kyo's temper was rising.

"I'M GONNA KILL HIM WHEN I GET HOLD OF HIM!!"

"KYO STOP BEING SO MEAN!!"

"…….gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRR SHUT UP!!"

To be continued…