Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Black & White Heart ❯ Sideline Story ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 28: Sideline Story

For a change, it was Yuki who woke up first late on Sunday morning. Opening his jewel coloured eyes, he came face to face with Haru's sleeping face, the morning light streaming through the glass patio doors, the storm now over and nothing but the light warmth of the sun seeping through the trees.

For a split second, Yuki almost jumped away when he found Haru so close, but soon remembered what had happened, to Haru, and between the two of them as well. Everything had suddenly moved so fast, everything had changed so quickly, and what was more strange was that Yuki had settled in and accepted being with Haru like this so quickly too! Well, then again, considering they had slept in the same bed together nearly every night since Haru had arrived, with or without realising it, it probably didn't feel that different anyway. Still, it just felt…right, being with Haru, it felt like something Yuki had missed all his life, something he had never been allowed to feel before, something he had always wanted but had never received it until now. That day he had reached out for Ayame as a child was the last day he had tried to obtain any affection, any love, anyone to turn around and notice he was there. After that moment was when he changed into the quiet, still person that he had been. He didn't try anymore, there was no point, Akito had been right all along, no one wanted him, even his own brother turned away the one time he needed someone to hold him. So he didn't try, he just existed, just stayed alive. When Haru had confronted him that day, when he yelled and screamed at him for being the selfish rat making everyone believe that he was the stupid one, Yuki couldn't have cared less. But he could see that Haru was suffering, so why make someone else suffer over his worthless life? So, he had asked him that was true, if he really was stupid, if everyone was right. The look in the younger boys eyes then changed, he looked away, realising that, actually, they were wrong, he wasn't stupid, he didn't have to believe what they say, he knew what he was like truly, they didn't know him, what right, what proof did they have to call him stupid?! Yuki had done for Haru the one thing he needed, for someone to look him right in the eye and say that he wasn't the idiot everyone else made him believe, to make him feel right inside, for someone to understand what he was going through. He had done that for Haru, now it would seem Haru had done the one thing Yuki needed. He had needed someone to tell him that he wasn't worthless, he had needed something to live for, he had needed someone to say, that out of all others, they loved him. Akito had been wrong after all, he wasn't worthless, he had found his something to live for, he had found his someone to say they loved him, and knowing this now, having kept on rejecting Haru in the first place completely baffled him.

He had been pushing away the one thing he wanted, and if anyone was stupid, it was he to be doing that for so long.

-----

Unfortunately, after last nights little mud incident, Ayame had locked himself away in a different room to remedy his ruined hair, leaving Shigure alone for the night. As much as he loved Aya's company, this gave him some much needed time to write down some notes that had come of use during their time here, keeping Mii's beloved camera close to hand. In the morning, when he had found Ayame had still not returned, Shigure decided to go and look for him, and also to check up on the two little love birds they had brought together.

Wandering through the reception area, one of the maids behind the counter suddenly called out to him.

"Excuse me sir, I have a phone call for you." She said, keeping her hand over the sound receiver on the phone.

"For me?" Shigure asked, as he took the phone from the girl.  Placing it to his ear, he cleared his throat, "Cupid Shigure speaking, from love to lust, I cover all areas!"

"SHIGURE WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU SHOULD BE HOME WORKING NOT ENJOYING YOURSELF!!!!!"

"Ahh Mii, it seems no matter where I go your eagle eyes always seem to find me."

"WELL WHAT ELSE DO YOU EXPECT ME TO DO!!! YOU NEVER STAY IN ONE PLACE LONG ENOUGH FOR ME TO GET ANY WORK OUT OF YOU!!! WHERE'S YOUR MANUSCRIPT?!? WHERE IS IT WHERE IS IT WHERE IS IT!!!!!???"

Shigure held the phone away from his ear, a perfectly happy little smile on his face waiting for Mii to finish.

"Now now my little muse there is nothing to worry about! I've finished that manuscript, it's on my desk, and, you'll be pleased to know, I've got an idea for my next book too!" he said proudly, expecting praise for being so quick and efficient for a change, but all he got was:

"WHAT!?! YOU'RE STARTING ANOTHER ONE!! YOU THINK I'M GONNA SIT THROUGH THIS NIGHTMARE OF BEING YOUR EDITOR AGAIN oh but they do sell pretty well but OH SHIGURE PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME SUFFER ANY MORE PLEEHEHEHHEHEEEESSSE!! IF YOU'RE GOING TO START ON A NEW ONE PLEASE FINSIH IT ON TIME!!"

"But of course Mii! You know I always finish my books on time, I just…like to play a little." He said all too innocently, as Mii finally gave up and burst into tears, "Well, I must be off now, have things to do!" he said, leaving Mii to cry as he gave the phone back to the girl behind the counter.

As she turned away to back to her filing, Shigure continued on his search for Ayame, walking round a corner, and walking straight into…someone female.

-----

Slowly Yuki slipped out of Haru's warm embrace and sat at the edge of the bed. At least, he attempted to sit at the edge of the bed, when suddenly his neck was yanked backwards as his necklace had got caught on Haru's. Managing to stop in time before he bashed his head right against Haru's, Yuki careful untangled the necklace and sat back. He looked out towards the patio doors to the gently bubbling hotspring outside, and grabbing a dressing gown from inside the wardrobe, walked over and opened the patio doors, and despite the glaring sun found a chilly air greeting him as he stared out over the deep snow left after the storm.

Somewhere to the left there was a faint voice coming from outside.

Peering round the corner, all Yuki saw was more white, so just stood there staring out into the trees, arms crossed to keep the warmth in his body, but as he stood there, he felt another pair of arms cross over his own, and a familiar chest pressed up against his back.

"It's cold standing here." Said a sleepy voice, as Haru nuzzled Yuki's hair by his neck. Yuki closed his eyes and smiled softly, leaning a little into Haru's embrace.

Yes, he had definitely found his person worth living for.

They only stood there together for a moment when Yuki opened his eyes again and frowned, for that voice he heard was getting closer. Looking round the corner once more, a black dog suddenly leapt straight at him, paws on his chest causing him to fall backwards directly back onto the bed squishing Haru underneath.

"I'M SOOORRRYYYYYYYYYY!" came the voice Yuki had heard, now full blast, as Ritsu's mother came flying through the porch.

"I already said there's nothing to worry about!" said the Shigure dog, as he flew through the bedroom door, Ritsu's mother chasing after him, finally managing to grab him by the scruff of the neck, and shaking him from side to side.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry I'M SORRY!!! I wasn't looking where I was going OH THE SUFFERING I'VE CAUSED YOU! It's all my fault really I'm so sorry it won't happened again oh please forgive me I'M SORRY AHHRGAHAHAHHHHHHH!!"

"Qit's alqright." Came Shigure's strangled voice, as he was squashed into a bear hug so tight if it wasn't for the fur on his face he would be turning blue right now.

Yuki meanwhile was trying to get up off the awkward position he and Haru had fallen back onto the bed in, but was having a slight problem as Haru had found having Yuki's back pressed right up against him was a very lovely feeling, and was now point blankly refusing to let him go.

"HARU!"

"I'M SOOOORRYYYYY!"

"Qhelp meqe."

"I loooove Yuki!"

-----

"Kane, sweetie…what's this?"

"Mm?" Kane said, a mouthful of noodles as he looked up to see his mother holding the pink and purple maids dress he had bought Yuki.

"ARGHHHH!"

-----

"Aya?................Ayyyaaaaaaaa?"

Shig ure had wandered around, in, and through the resort about four times, and could not find Ayame anywhere! He knew he was sensitive about not being seen in public when his hair was a mess, but he couldn't just disappear of the ends of the Earth! He knew he hadn't gone home because his clothes were still in their room. Shigure stopped walking and rubbed his chin thoughtfully, Now, if I was Aya, where would I hide…?

-----

How the hell did she find that dress!?!

Kane stormed down the snow covered streets, the dress back in its pink and white bag, heading back to Ayame's shop. He had hidden that at the very back of his wardrobe, under a pile of other clothes he never wore. What did she think she was doing routing through his things like that!! Oh, actually, she did mention something about collecting for a charity bag that had come through the door…and the clothes he had used to hide it he never really did wear anymore….oh crap that was a stupid place to hide it!! There was no point in keeping it now anyway; with any luck he'd be able to return it. The shop finally in sight, Kane ran up to it, put his hand on the door ready to open it,

…and ran straight into it.

It was closed.

Of course it's closed, it's a Sunday he thought, annoyed at himself. Well, he wasn't going back home with it, and he couldn't return it, but it seemed a waste to just throw it away. Maybe if there was a way he could just get it back to Yuki's brother………

….I KNOW!

-----

After they had eaten an early lunch, and had been informed by the hostess the coach to pick them up would arrive around 4.30pm, Yuki and Haru had decided to spend the rest of the day in the Hotsprings. However, Yuki was becoming a little nervous when the realisation hit him that both of them would have to strip down to go into the springs, and Yuki wasn't sure on how to go about this, not knowing if it would seem rude to ask Haru to look away or not now they were, well, how they were.

Haru however just took his clothes of right in front of him without a second thought.

Yuki, blushing bright red, quickly looked away to give Haru some privacy, whether he liked it or not! He wasn't ready for this part of a relationship yet! Haru looked at Yuki through the corner of his eye, blushing away by the wall, and grinned inwardly.

He was just so damn cute!!

Walking out the patio doors and over to the spring, Haru slowly climbed into the hot water and made his way over to one side, sitting there happily waiting for Yuki, who was still standing at the back of the room. For Yuki, this was starting to feel really strange. This would be first time they would be, well, 'lack of being clothed' together since Yuki had said he loved him. It felt different; probably more on the lines of worry of what Black Haru would do in the Hotspring now he knew he could touch Yuki, to some extent at least.

Yuki disappeared out of Haru's sight for a moment, and returned by the open patio doors in nothing but one of those small white towels around his waist. Yuki frowned, "Stop looking at me like that." he said nervously, teetering at the edge of the Hotspring just outside their room, as Haru was up to his neck in the water already waiting for Yuki to join him.

"Like what?" he asked honestly.

"Just…just stop it!"

Yuki had become very nervous now, his protective snapping angry-but-not-really-angry-just-annoyed-cos-he's-embarassed-for-a-reason-he -doesn't-really-know-why attitude showing through.

-----

Perhaps Ayame had gone to check up on Yuki? Walking through their door, Shigure noticed Yuki standing just outside the glass doors near the Hotspring, his back towards him.

A very wicked idea suddenly formed in his head.

& & & &

"Please come in?" Haru pleaded with the ever blushing Yuki as he still stood at the side of the springs, holding his towel in place and absentmindngly twirling a corner of his towel with his fingers.

"Yes alright." He snapped, still looking away in embarrassment.

"Nope I guess he's not in here."

"Huh?" the two boys chorused, when suddenly Yuki found the towel around his waist whipped away from him and without another thought leapt into the spring to cover himself up, as a laughing Shigure ran back inside their room and out into the corridor, before Yuki could figure out what was going on and come after him, although by now he doubted he be able to go anywhere…

"Heheheheeee, Yuki!!" purred a Black Haru, grabbing Yuki around the chest from behind as Yuki struggled to try and crawl out of the Hotspring and back to their room.

In a midst of waves and splashes and yells as Haru continued to try and grope every possible part of him, Yuki began to think that he must find out a way of putting this side of Haru at bay, something that would just snap him back to his nice and placid White self. As Haru's hands suddenly dipped below the water, Yuki practically shot over to the other side of the spring.

This was going to be an interesting last few hours here, and thanks to Shigure, it looked like he would be spending it with a lusted up Black Haru, and now found himself circling each other in the springs like a lion getting ready to attack its prey, just waiting for one to move.

Forget thanking him, he was going to maim Shigure.

& & & &

"Oh ho, now then ladies, it really doesn't take much doing, here, use this shampoo, I find it always brings it out so soft and delightful to touch."

Shigure stopped in his tracks and put his ear to the door he had just passed, that voice had sounded like Ayame's, but, it couldn't have been, this was the mud baths he'd been so desperately trying to avoid.

"Ahahahahaa! Don't you think it's wonderful?!

"Oh yes Master Ayame." Sighed dreamily what sounded like four girls.

What was Aya doing??! Cavorting around with girls?.......

…..And he didn't invite him!

Shigure slid back the door to find his friend neck deep in one of the mud baths with four girls behind him washing his hair, with about five already empty bottles of shampoo on the floor next to them.

"Oh 'Gure!! I wondered where you had disappeared too!" he said, as the girls behind him giggled as they tended to his hair.

"Honestly Aya, I thought you didn't like the mud?" he said playful, crossing his arms.

"Oh what can I say? I ended up quite liking it!! These lovely girls here offered to keep my hair out the mud for me and have been fascinated by it ever since! So nice of them to recognise beauty when they see it don't you think HAHAHAHAAA! There's plenty of room why don't you join us? It's our last day here you know!"

Hmm, four pretty girls and bath full of mud.

Shigure felt another 'sideline story' inspiration coming on.

To Be Continued…