Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Forget Me ❯ Unreachable ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: Thank you so much for all your encouraging reviews!! You have really helped to motivate me so I can update as soon as I can (after a mild writer's block). Thank you once again!! AND this is NOT the last CHAPTER! So sorry if I confused some of you in the previous chapter.

Fanfiction:
 
Daelaeyni- (receives unlimited pats on the back) THANK YOU! Have a great week!

Kyo4Tohru- Glad you liked the song lyrics…and thanks so much for your review!

anonimous- Haha, thank you for reviewing my story, I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoy it. Don't worry, it's not finished just yet, I've still got some things coming up. And about Yuki and Karina, hehe, I don't think they would go that far just yet, lol, after all, they had just confessed that they like each other. Oh and they don't die, so yea, eventually, everything will workout…somehow… Thanks again!!
 
Mischevouz Angel- Yup it sounds like ur other review, haha. Thanx Kimmy!
 
Moonflower- Thanks a lot for your wonderful review!! Hope you enjoy this chapter : )

-_-4EVAFURUBA-_-Tnk.Q!! I'm so happy to see that you like my story a lot. You like the emotional writing? Haha, lol. Thx!
 
Mediaminer:
 
Silver_wolf- Yup, evil technology. I'm with u there. Thank you for reviewing!
 
Chapter 15: Unreachable
 
The breeze made a horrifying sound outside as Tohru woke up and saw Kyo asleep on the couch beside her. She yawned, then got up and adjusted his bed covers that had fallen off. Then she noticed a letter on top of the table.
 
Tohru,
I'm terribly sorry for what I have done to all of you. I feel extremely guilty and I wish that I could make it up to you.. I have gone off to track Amaya and sort out some things. The search team have already begun with clearing up the snow as I instructed, for any sign of Yuki or Karina and other survivors. Here is 800,000 yen, to keep you and the others going. Do whatever you want with it. But please do not come find me. Once I find Amaya, I will return to Japan. If however, things go wrong and you cannot find Yuki and Karina, you may leave a message on my cell and I will send some money over for you to catch a flight back home to Tokyo. If there are any more problems, you may talk to Hatori on this number and he will help you out, even though he is overseas. Here is his number: 0276-411-9827. Make sure you dial it after the country code as it is an international call.

Good luck with finding Yuki and Karina, and again, I apologise for my foolishness.
Take care of Kyo and Kenji.

Yours sincerely…
Akito.
 
Tohru put the letter down and looked at the clock, it was only 4am. She knew that Yuki and Karina couldn't have possibly died, but with no evidence of them alive, she was deeply worried and she could tell that Kyo and Kenji were too. She tried to go back to sleep when she heard Kenji behind her, he was awake.
 
“Can't sleep?” Kenji asked.
 
“I found a letter from Akito.” Tohru passed him the note.
 
“That bastard, he's running away and leaving us to dig Yuki and Karina's grave.” Kenji looked cold and angry.
 
“Kenji, I'm sure their alive. I believe that Karina is smart enough to somehow….perhaps protect herself from the avalanche.” Tohru replied as he threw the letter into the rubbish bin.
 
“I just…wanted her to know that I don't have any grudges against Yuki anymore and that I would never hate her. If she's dead, I just don't want to think of her saddened because she reckons that I still despise her for what happened.” Kenji clenched his fists.
 
Tohru was going to reply when she heard a door close. She turned around to find the couch empty, it looked like Kyo had gone outside, and the letter was no longer inside the bin. She followed him and saw that he was having an `anger management' moment and he looked like he needed Tohru's healing.
 
“Kyo wait…” She touched his shoulder as he shivered. It was freezing in the early hours of the morning.
 
“I'm going to help that damn Akito and track down that bitch, then I'm going to kill her, then I'm going to send Akito to jail!”
 
“Kyo, please…we'll figure something out okay? If we can stay here for at least 2 weeks in search of Yuki and Karina, and if we can't find them, then we'll…have to go back to Japan like Akito said. But please forget about Amaya-san for now. We just need to be careful with ourselves okay? I don't want anyone else getting hurt.” She explained as Kyo stood still.
 
“Come on, let's just go get a hot chocolate with Kenji in the lounge and we'll talk it through…okay?” Tohru suggested as she stroked Kyo's cheek lightly.
 
“Fine.”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------
 
Yuki searched through his bag and eventually found a matchstick as he lit a fire using the sticks inside the cave. It was 6am, but the frozen temperature woke him up. Once the fire started to warm the area, he took off his ski-jacket and placed it on top of Karina in case she was cold. He then found his cell-phone and checked if there was any service. But it didn't work, since they were no where near the lodge.
 
“Yuki?” Karina sat up and rubbed her eyes.
 
“I'm here.” Yuki went to her side and held her hand.
 
“Uhh…what time is it?”
 
“Only 6am. Are you hungry?” He asked.
 
“Kinda….Is there anything here?”
 
“Yea, there's a few snack bars…uhh some chocolate, and a pack of chips and a 800ml bottle of water. That's about it.” Yuki emptied his backpack.
 
“I'll take a snack bar then.”
 
“Umm….Karina, about last night…”
 
“Spit it out Yuki.” Karina bit her snack bar and casually listened.
 
“Even though…we…kissed….are you okay…with it?”
 
“What do you mean?” Karina held her snack bar still.
 
“I mean…are you okay with everything…even though, you broke up with Kenji.”
 
“I…I only realised…last night….the reason why Kenji was mad at you…and the reason why I broke up with him…It was because…when you came into my life Yuki, I saw things that I wouldn't normally see…and I began to understand stuff a lot more. I…discovered that I left Kenji because I had…fallen….for….you….and I didn't know that until Kenji told me himself. But I kept avoiding you because…I thought that you…l-loved….Tohru….I know, it sounds stupid, because she's with Kyo now, but I dunno…it just…seemed that way.” Karina looked away.
 
“I'm sorry if I made you feel that way. But like you said, Kyo and Tohru are together now. And my relationship with her is just casual good friends. She's friendly to everyone…but she's loving towards Kyo…so, No, I am not in love with her. I'm in love with you, and just like you, I have been confused about my emotions for a while. But thanks to Akito for taking on us on this trip, I know how I feel, and I know how you feel as well. So I'm sorry if I confused you.”
 
Karina couldn't help but smile at the pile of words that Yuki had just said. She broke off half of her snack bar and handed it to Yuki.
 
“Wow…I feel so lucky right now…hehe anyway, Want some?”
 
“Haha…thanks.” Yuki gladly took it and moved next to her.
 
“I wonder what the others are doing right now.” Karina asked.
 
“Probably trying to look for us, I hope.” Yuki answered shortly.
 
“Okay…there must be a way to get out of here, I'm sure of it.” Karina stood up and searched the room as Yuki attempted to help her out.
 
“Yuki, can you perhaps remove the rock that was blocking the snow yesterday? Because I think they would've cleaned up the mess by now. So all we have to do is dig our way through and maybe we'll be able to get out of here.” Karina said.
 
“Sure.” Yuki pushed the rock away as a small pile of snow came rushing in.
 
“Alright, now let's grab the ski equipment and try to force our way through the remaining snow.” She took her backpack and scanned the room for anything that she might've left behind.
 
“All clear, shall we?”
 
“Go ahead Yuki.”
 
A few minutes passed and amazingly, the people had done some work on removing the snow, so luckily, it wasn't as thick as they imagined it to be. Once they had gotten to the surface and seen a bit of the sunlight, Karina screamed with joy and grinned at Yuki who smiled back. They had managed to stay the night in a small cave and now, they were back outside.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------
 
While having their hot chocolates, Kyo received a call on his cell-phone.
 
“Hello?”
 
“KYO!!!” Karina shouted.
 
“What? Karina? Is that you?” He asked shocked as Kenji choked on his biscuit.
 
“Duh, who else?”
 
“You're alive?”
 
“No I'm not, you're talking to an angel.” Karina replied sarcastically.
 
“I thought…you were dead.” A huge weight was lifted off his shoulders as he relaxed and smiled at Tohru.
 
“Thank you for the compliment.”
 
“Umm…sorry, I mean, where are you now? How did you…”
“Woah, hold it there, okay we managed to find a phone booth on the other side of the town since the chairlifts were broken, I'm afraid we can't get over to the lodge till it's fixed. And don't worry, we've found a café where we can eat breakfast.” She answered.
 
“That's great…umm, you won't believe what the three of us went through last night.” Kyo sighed.
 
“Why, what happened?”
 
As Kyo explained to her about Akito's confession, Karina had to share the phone with Yuki so they could both hear.
 
“Shoot! That bad?”
 
“Yea…that bastard and that bitch are now off in their own lala land.” Kyo joked.
 
“Damn.”
 
Before Kyo could reply, Kenji snatched the phone, thrilled to hear that Karina was alive.
 
“Karina! Are you alright?”
 
“Kenji? Oh umm….yea, me and Yuki are fine.”

”I'm so happy that you're safe.”
 
“Yea…me too.”
 
“You really scared me back then! How'd you survive that avalanche?”
 
“Umm…I'll tell you later, but right now, I'm running out of money for my phone card.”
 
“Oh…”
 
“Sorry gotta go, I'll meet you sometime in the afternoon. Love ya bye!”
 
“…Bye..” Kenji closed the phone and handed it back to Kyo.
 
“That's wonderful news!” Tohru exclaimed, clapping her hands together.
 
“Yea, I just wonder how their gonna get across.” Kyo rolled his eyes.
 
“I'm sure they'll fix the chairlifts soon.” Kenji answered.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------
 
“You know, I can't wait till we go back to Japan, not that I wanna go to school or anything. I guess I just miss home.” Karina and Yuki were walking with hands held around the new town area. With nothing to do for the remaining few hours, the only thing they could do was check this town out.
 
“Yes, that would make sense. Although I would choose to come here than see that brother of mine any day.” Yuki replied.
 
“You really hate your brother that much? I mean, me and Kyo have a good relationship. But…why?”
“He's self-absorbed, that's the best definition there is.” Yuki laughed.
 
“Uh huh, I see. Well I wanna meet someday, he sounds…interesting.” Karina teased.
 
“Uhh Karina?” Yuki felt her hand tighten and her eyes looked like they were flaming. He tried to stop her, but it was too late, she was already dashing off, in a fast sprint, he realised what she was aiming for. Behind the clearing of alpine trees, there stood Amaya talking on a cell-phone.
 
“Karina! Wait up!” Yuki called out as he ran straight after her.
 
`I can't let her get away, not after what she did to us.' Karina thought as she reached Amaya.
 
“YOU BITCH!!!” Karina swore at Amaya as she tested her special kick on Amaya that Kyo had taught her a year ago.
 
Amaya however, had quick reflexes as obviously, she had a lot of experience. She dodged Karina's kick, dropped her cell-phone and got out her own personal weapon. Yuki stopped in his tracks and felt a rush of Goosebumps creep up his arm.
 
“Karina watch out, she's got a gun!” Yuki yelled as Amaya fired a shot quickly but missed.
 
“No one, messes with me!!!” Amaya reloaded her gun and tried to focus.
 
“You nearly killed us!!” Karina tried to snatch the gun off Amaya.
 
“I was doing you a favour, you worthless cow, if I hadn't killed you, Akito would've sooner or later. Get a grip of yourself, you wanted to come to this trip right? Now you get what you want!” Amaya tripped Karina over and pinned her to the ground as Yuki punched her from behind.
 
“Let. Her. Go.” Yuki said slowly while blood trickled down Amaya's lip.
 
“How dare you.” Amaya retrieved her gun and aimed it at Karina who was trying to get up. Yuki stood in front of Karina and blocked her.
 
“You're cute, but not cute enough to live.” Amaya laughed an evil laugh and fired.
 
Karina screamed, thinking that Amaya had actually shot Yuki when she still felt him breathing next to her. He was on the ground. Still trying to protect her, but no signs of Yuki being hurt. When Karina looked at Amaya, she realised that Akito had come and he now had the gun in his hand and he was threatening to use it on Amaya if she didn't co-operate.
 
“Akito?” Karina stuttered as she hugged Yuki who looked pale.
 
“Karina, Yuki, Get out of here now, go fetch the police. I'll deal with her” Akito ordered.
 
“But…”
“GO.”
 
“Come on.” Yuki nodded then took Karina away.
 
“Who asked you to come to Switzerland huh?” Akito sneered at Amaya.
 
“Who'd wanna waste such a good bomb?” Amaya replied coldly.
 
“Damn you.” Akito kicked her in the stomach as she fell to the ground unconscious.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------
 
“Are you okay? Are you hurt” Yuki asked, checking her arm for scratches.
 
“Yuki, don't worry about me, I'm fine. We need to get the town's security officers.” Karina smiled at him.
 
“Ok.” Yuki agreed as they headed towards the information centre.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------
 
“Tohru! Kenji! The chairlifts look like their working.” Kyo looked through the window.
 
“Well let's hurry up and get over there.” Kenji ran outside.
 
“I'm coming!” Tohru followed.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------
 
“Security, put your hands in the air.” The chief officer called out to Akito who was guarding Amaya.
 
“Hey, I'm not the villain here.” Akito ignored his sense of guilt and pointed to the still unconscious Amaya.
 
“Sir, I'm afraid you'll have to come with us. We got a call about attempted murder, and we need to interrogate you.”
 
“Whatever.” Akito got into the police car.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------
 
“So do you think Akito will get charged with anything?” Yuki questioned.
 
“Most likely. I didn't mention anything to the officers though. Because even though he tried to kill us, at the end, he did save our lives. And I'm grateful for that because if you got shot back there, I'd probably be shot two seconds after you.” Karina put on a disgusted look.
 
“Hey isn't that Kyo?” Yuki pointed to a bright orange haired guy running towards them.
 
“Kyo!” Karina embraced him, followed by Tohru then Kenji who held her for the longest.
 
“I'm so glad you're okay.” Kenji closed his eyes and smiled.
 
“Wow, really? I thought you hated me.” Karina smirked.
 
“You know I would never hate you, a break up is nothing that should ever ruin our friendship right?” He beamed at her.
 
“Totally.” Karina replied.
 
“Hey, you didn't do anything to Karina did you?” Kyo faced Yuki with a suspicious glance.
 
“Stupid cat, are you trying to sound perverted?” Yuki whacked him on the head.
 
“HEY!! I didn't mean it like that!!”
 
2 hours later….
 
“So do you guys wanna catch the flight at 3pm tomorrow?” Yuki asked as he read through the flight times.
 
“Yea sure, whatever, as long as we get out of this place.” Kyo stuffed a grape in his mouth.
 
“Oh Karina, what happened to your leg?” Tohru asked.
 
“Oh yea about that, we bumped into Amaya, and I tried to kill her, but she had a gun…so, we were gonna die, but Akito came to the rescue…and now I'm assuming that he will be facing penalties for attempted murder and other stuff.” Karina explained as Tohru and the others had their mouths opened, surprised that she said it so casually.
 
“By the way Kyo, I tried the kick you taught me, on Amaya. But it didn't work…I mean, it was going to work, but she's a black belt…so…yea…I gotta go back to martial arts lessons as soon as we're back in Japan.” Karina looked at Kyo.
 
“Ok.”
 
“So you spent a night in a cave? Did you…get claustrophobic?” Kenji asked.
 
“Nah, it was alright. I would pick cave over lift any day.”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------
 
The next day, they caught the afternoon flight back to Japan. Although, everyone was extremely exhausted. Yuki was already asleep, Karina hadn't told Kenji about her relationship with Yuki just yet, although he kind of, already knew. But Kenji was happily flicking through the arcade section…as usual. Karina was staring out of the window seat, Kyo was complaining to the air hostess about the limited amount of movie choices and Tohru was reading a magazine. Akito was penalized with over $8000 US dollars, and Amaya had a 30 year sentence in jail.
 
They were lucky enough to sit in business class, a treat from Akito. And all they could think of right now was not what was going to happen when they got back, but home sweet home…
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------
 
AN: Reminding you people that again, this is NOT the last chapter. This part of the story was just a big event. But when they get back to Japan, they've still got some things to do, and yea. Sorry if this chapter wasn't that long but I ran out of ideas…you know? That mind-blank thing..
 
But Thank you for reading, and reviews are ALWAYS welcome!

Angelite Phoenix