Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Hinagiku no Nikki ❯ Entry One ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Dear Diary,

Grandma gave me this diary because she wanted to make me happy. Mommy just died last week, and I haven't stopped crying. They told me that on her will she wanted me to live with my Father in Japan. My Name is Sohma Hinagiku.

I have short brown hair and brown eyes. Mommy used to say that I look like my Father. The only thing I know about my father is that he's a writer. I have to pack now so good by.

Hinagiku

Ten years have passed since I penned this diary entry. I'm Sohma Hinagiku, daughter of Sohma Shigure and Sohma Umi (My parents were distantly related, and were in college at the time). I remember it so well, though. Mommy was shot down during the night of my birthday, right before my eyes. Unlike Mom, however, I was able to hide from the gunman until a neighbor came and the murderer ran off. The case was never solved, and Grandma (Mom's mother) decided that it would be best if I went to live with my father, concurring with the will Mom left behind. Today is actually the day I inherit whatever my mother had, which wasn't much, just some jewelry, clothes, furniture and money, but the amount doesn't matter. What matters is that my mother touched those things, that those belonged to her. I loved my father (and I still do), but I miss my mother desperately, especially today of all days…

_______________________________________

Note- If any of the text­­­­­­­­­­­­ ; in the eight-year-old Hinagiku's diary entry has errors, those are meant to be there. The entries are written by me, and everything else (the eighteen-year-old Hinagiku's words) are written by my older sister, ChaosMage (better known as CM or K-chan).