Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Hinagiku no Nikki ❯ Entry Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Dear diary,

I am finally at my dad's house in Japan. My daddy was happy too see me. I also met my second cousins Yuki and Kyo. Kyo kept complaining that daddy shouldn't have let another girl in the house. That confused me because I did not do anything... I think. When I met Tohru she was exited to see me. She was because she wanted to meet me since my daddy told her I was coming. After I was finished talking to Tohru my daddy showed me where my room was. I got to share a room with Tohru. Daddy says I have to go meet the head of the family tomorrow. Then I helped Tohru make dinner. We made squid okonomiyaki and onigiri. While we made the onigiri, Tohru told me about Fruits Basket, a game she used to play when she was a little girl. She told me about how the boys called her the onigiri and never picked it. Then I heard Yuki and Kyo screaming at each other. When I went to see what it was they were fighting. I tried to stop them but couldn't. Then Yuki hit Kyo and he broke through the shoji. Kyo spent half the night fixing it. When I tried to help he yelled I DON'T NEED SOME STUPID LITTLE GIRL'S HELP NOW GO BACK TO BED. Then I crawled back in bed and wrote this. (I can't sleep now cause Tohru snores.)

Hinagiku

Ah, yes, Kyo. He and I eventually considered each other friends, but when I moved in at first, he hated me. I now understand it was because of the zodiac spirit that possesses him and his fear that I would hug him and find out, but at the time I was a brat and he was a jerk. I'm still a brat and he's still a jerk (along with some other names that I learned from his foul mouth, such as `prick` and `dumbass`), but we tolerate each other now.

From what I'm reading, it doesn't seem like I was all that sad about Mom anymore, but I remember crying myself to sleep those first few nights...

I'm sorry about how short these are, but I'm planning to continue this until Hinagiku is 18 years old, which means that there's ten years until this fic is over, so that means ALOT of chapters.

Bai-bai!

Hina-chan and ChaosMage