Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ It's Our Secret ❯ Tiny Wish ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shot Six: Tiny Wish
 
A/N: Hello everyone and sorry about the long wait! School has officially taken over my life what, with teachers handing out projects left and right, I'm surprised I even got this out. Anyway, it isn't that long, but I like it, though I will warn you that there is a slight spoiler mentioned in here that concerns Hiro and the baby his mother is to have in the series. Other than that-please read and enjoy. : D
 
-*-
 
Large, childish eyes gazed up at him in wonder. Light brown hair fell softly into deep brown orbs. His sister had her arms outstretched; ready to be held in the embrace of her older brother. Hiro just sighed. His little sister was three now while he was sixteen, his mother had the baby girl when he had just barely turned thirteen after all. Nevertheless, he loved the child and liked to take care of her. Kisa and her best friend Adelina found the whole scenario adorable. He didn't.
 
For example, at the moment he was not in the mood to walk his sibling to the park, he was a teenager after all, and didn't want to spend all his time with a three-year-old. Yet, there wasn't much he could do about it.
 
His feet pounded against the hardened cement as he made his way to the park not far from the Sohma estate. She loved it there and Hiro enjoyed the view of the place, not at the moment, but at times he did. And, with a few more steps, his shoes came in contact with the soft grass of spring. His steps were large and quick and, as soon as he could, Hiro placed his sister down onto the park grounds only to move and sit on a bench near by. His eyes never left her, though, his mind did wander.
 
The petite child laughed as the rays of sun shone down on her and Hiro let a ginger smile creep onto his features. Even though there was a large gap between the two, a whole year larger than the one between Yuki and Ayame, he never pushed the delicate female away. He never let her hand reach out to thin air or let a question get carried away to the wind. He wanted to be a good big brother and it helped to have the presence of a little girl around, he took care of her, and he grew because of it-matured.
 
Her laughter rang clear and true through the packed park, mothers with their children ran ragged all around him, but he could always hear his little sister's giggles. She only sat and played in the sand, for, she was simplistic in that sense and really didn't bother with the other equipment of the park, and she was still very young, but that added to her charm.
 
“Big brother come play! “ Her voice was energetic and, as most would describe, cute, and so, resistance was futile. A diminutive laugh and few steps later, Hiro sat next to his baby sister in the sand. Amazed by how straightforward a true child's life and amusement could be, he didn't have memories of such a thing. Not with the curse, when he was younger he was chained to the word different, no matter what, and that meant even his childhood was unique. Everything about his life had always been complex-it was never able to be so simple-thus, he revealed in the mirth of childhood, though he knew that his time for such a thing was long past. And, slowly, the sun moved across the sky, but such a complicated thing as time went unnoticed by brother and sister.
 
-*-
 
Sunset had come upon them and Hiro scooped up the tired body in his arms; as he walked back to their home he couldn't help but wonder if Momiji would have been like this with Momo…if the curse hadn't existed Hiro could image that the two would have been inseparable. Then again, if the curse hadn't existed at all, the question of whether Momo would have existed either would be the obvious question. That was all in the past, Hiro couldn't go and think like that, but he couldn't help it. He couldn't deny the fact that the Sohma family and sibling relationships seemed to be doomed from the start (Momiji and Momo, Yuki and Ayame), yet, his held one slight change…
 
He and his sister had no curse placed upon their shoulders. The curse, it never even grazed his sister indirectly, she never knew about it and never would-completely and totally unaffected. He hugged his sister tighter.
 
His fingers twisted around the doorknob to the house as night began to cover the sky above. He couldn't stop the thought of, “Thank you,” as it ran through his head. Because, in the end, who would have ever imagined that one simple wish that he made for his sister would ever come true. Who would have even pondered that one who was once cursed could now be blessed-all due to one tiny wish?
 
-*-
 
A/N: That's the end of another one-shot and it starred Hiro-chan! Please tell me what you think of it in a review and I'd like to give a big thank you to all my readers and reviewers out there! I have no idea when my next update will be, but I'll try to not take too long. Please, take care. : ) Ja ne!
 
-LilyGinnyBlack-