Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ It's Our Secret ❯ A Small Piece of Cloth ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shot Twelve: A Small Piece of Cloth
 
A/N: Hello again! Another double post, I don't have that much to say, other than the fact that I hope you enjoy the one-shot. : )
 
--,--
 
So small,
 
So delicate…
 
Never had Ayame-
 
Worked on something so…
 
Significant…
 
Ayame had made multiple cute things before; thousands of tiny dresses; many precious things, yet, this one outfit was-different. This one dress would be personal to him. More special than any other piece of cloth could be.
 
It was so tiny, so wondrous; all thanks to Mine…This one-small piece of cloth-was to be his daughter's first dress…
 
Filled with white lace and all the cutest things one could ever imagine. He worked his hardest on it, poured his flesh, blood, and tears into it (a saying he never dreamed he would even think of due to the gross nature and thought of it, yet, he would say such a thing in this one and only case).
 
He felt Mine's presence behind him. The joy highlighted for a moment in his eyes, but then slowly dimmed away. “What if…what I did with Yuki, I end up doing to our daughter without even realizing it?” His voice was soft, not the over confident and radiate tone that his voice usually was.
 
Mine just came up behind him and wrapped her arms around him, “Don't worry, you learned from your mistakes. I trust you; I know that you won't make that mistake again.”
 
Ayame still felt at unease. “How do you know for sure?” Uncertainty grasped him and fear overwhelmed him. He only showed this side of himself to Mine; only to her and no one else.
 
“Because, I've never seen one piece of cloth glow so much, it seems to shine with pride and love and acceptance.” Her voice helped to soothe his worried mind as her body moved in front of him. Her stomach was swelled quite a bit, yet, that didn't detour his mind from the thought of how beautiful she was. If anything, she was more beautiful now than ever before. She took her hand in his and placed it over the swell. “She'll just love it, I know she will.”
 
He felt that overconfidence begin to flow in his blood again. A brilliant smile began to grace his features and he dutifully began his work again. He couldn't wait to see his daughter in this overly adorable dress he was to create. It would be like that moment when he had seen Tohru in one of his dresses, only, since this was his daughter she was bound to look a thousand times more sweet and cute, after all, with a father like him…How could she not?
 
­­--,--
 
A/N: And thus, Shot Twelve comes to an end. I hope you all liked it and please tell me what you thought of it in a review. Well, until next time, please take care and ja ne. : D
 
-LilyGinnyBlack-