Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ It's Our Secret ❯ A Sea Full of Waves ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shot Thirteen: A Sea Full of Waves
 
A/N: Hiya, everyone! Another double post, only one more of these and then this series will be done, I plan to get the next two out later tomorrow. Though, if not tomorrow, then I probably won't get the last two chapters out until Monday. `Cause my friends and I are going to ConnectiCon. I'm going to Cosplay as Kanan from Saiyuki! Its tomorrow and we are going all three days; it should be so much fun! Anyway, I hope you all like this one-shot. : )
 
--,--
 
Pale arms slipped into black laced gloves, ones that reached up to the dark haired woman's elbows, and a midnight drenched, laced, and tied dress adorned her petite form. As long and porcelain fingers swiftly pulled on long and dark colored boots. A shadowy mesh veil was placed upon her head and covered her face from view.
 
Black painted fingernails came into the view of the gloomy eyes of one Hanajima Saki. Today would be the day she was to get married to Sohma Kazuma. There would be no white here, only black, just like her life had always been. It didn't matter whether or not she still thought herself a witch-a sinner-by the time she was finally saved…she grew accustomed to the absence of color. Thus, white would not due, not the color that held every color imaginable within it. No, it would make her uncomfortable.
 
And so, her wedding was painted a lovely black.
 
It seemed that everything is had to do was unique, different, odd, strange…weird. The list of words to describe anything out of the norm is much too long to be completely listed. It's rather strange is not-that humans have only one word for normal-but a multitude of words for any and all things out of the shared sense of normality. Hanajima always found that thought to comfort her in some unknown way, maybe because it showed the hypocrisy of human nature, in the sense that we all believe we want to be normal, yet, there is too many things in this world that can only be described as anything but. Did the word normal have any true value behind it? Did a definition for such a word even need to exist at all? After all, normal seems to be lost to the world.
 
It always made Hana smile, always.
 
Here she was-a person who didn't long to be normal-one who found it a compliment to be called strange. She could easily list off her abnormalities right here and now:
 
She was to have a black themed wedding.
The one to whom she was to marry was in his thirties, while she was still only a child (as most would deem her) at the age of eighteen.
She always wore tons of black, even when she sat in the direct sunlight.
Her hair was naturally curly (a genetic trait not found in many people of Japanese origin)
She could manipulate electrical waves.
And, most importantly, none of her friends were normal at all…
 
One of her best friends was a former Yanki that was now as girlish as one could get. The other was a person almost too kind and understanding to be a human. Yet, the oddest thing of all was how they all ended up with someone from the Sohma family; all soon to be bound to a family that…
 
Well, wasn't normal. Yet, one never finds a normal wave; they are all distinctive in some way, especially in a sea full of them.
 
--,--
 
A/N: The end of another one-shot. I hope you all enjoyed it and please tell me what you think of it in a review! Ja ne. : D
 
-LilyGinnyBlack-