Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ It's Our Secret ❯ Mended Wing ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shot Fourteen: Mended Wing
 
A/N: Here's the next one-shot for the day. Enjoy. : )
 
--,--
 
He hadn't been tied down by the curse for as long as the others, physically, at least. It had left him long before it was broken forever. Why? He never truly found out for certain. They all had their theories about what happened and why things happened the way they did. But, no concrete answer was ever found.
 
Nevertheless, even if he didn't have the physical part of the curse (didn't have to suffer through the transformations…the pain of not being able to hold the one you loved close); the mental strain of the curse still lingered there inside of him. It had been as if his soul and emotions had been locked away for so long. That he had just turned into some kind of robot or puppet for all the others to use.
 
Until he met her…
 
The moment Kureno had met that odd girl-Uotani Arisa-the key founds its way into the lock and his emotions, opinions, and thoughts all rushed back into him. Though, the acceptance of them had been a slow and almost deadly process, but now that he had them…he never wanted to let them go.
 
He had been the rooster of the zodiac. It was a fact that he had always found he forgot. Yet, when he meet Arisa, when he found that he wanted to see her again. When he had lain in that hospital wing and wished for her, when Akito had apologized to him, and had started to change. And when…when she said she would stay by his side no matter what, with that wonderful smile on his face, he remembered that he was the rooster of the zodiac, in such a way, it was like he had never forgotten it before.
 
Somehow, Uo, had found a way to make him human, make him smile, and at the same time-mend his broken wings.
 
--,--
 
A/N: Hope you liked it and please tell me what you think of it in a review. :D
 
-LilyGinnyBlack-