Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ My Grey Hero ❯ The Smell Of Rain and Smoke ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
LW: *big sweatdrop* ^^;; eheh this is for Sabure-chan

BishounenChaser: *fangs, glaring at LW with knives*

LW: O_O;; HOPE YOU LIKE IT!! X_X;;

***

The minutes passed...and soon the hours...Hana didn't realize that it was getting dark and that school was already over. She didn't even realize the water that seemed to pour out of the sky and onto her school uniform. She didn't even notice the patting of feet as it grew louder, or the panting of the breath as it drew closer. She did however realize a blue sports jacket wrap around her shielding her from the rain. "Are you ok?" a timid yet strong voice called out snapping her out of it, she looked up quickly to see a pair of grey eyes stare down at her. A young boy, about the same age or maybe older then her was kneeling beside her, his hand on her back. He had white hair at the top and black hair at the bottom, which was a bit odd seeing as he was still a teen. She nodded and tried to open her mouth to thank him when she was met with a grin. "No need for thanks, just don't like seeing a girl in depression" he said kindly and smiled at her getting up and jogging away as she froze in her spot in a sitting position.

"Th-thank you..." she whispered as she pulled the jacket closer, it smelled like...rain... She got up and walked home slowly, the jacket still around her. Hearing a whistle she turned around to see the grubby faces of a few of her classmates, most of them looking like rats who came out of a trashcan. She shuddered and looked to see if the leader was there, the boy with the dark brown hair and light brown eyes. Nowhere in sight, she continued walking, her pace quickening a bit.

"Hey witch" an overfriendly voice called out making her stop dead in her tracks. She breathed for a few seconds and continued walking faster without looking back. "HEY WITCH" the voice called out again followed by another set of voices.

"Not today..." she mumbled, she couldn't take it, twice a day, cmon, she was only human. Atleast...that's what she thought of herself. She was snapped out of her thoughts again as somebody pulled her hair making her fall back and sprain her ankle, she winced as she was hauled up rather roughly making her ankle twist farther. Tears threatened to spill out of her eyes as her vision blurred and blood dripped down her cheek.

"Oh what? The witch is gonna cry? Hahah let's burn her!!" one boy said taking out a lighter. Another boy inched his way towards her.

"No! We gotta get rid of her dirty witch blood first" he said as Hana closed her eyes, the tears blurring her vision. He grinned in almost a sadistic manner as he drew the knife across her neck and slide it making a small yet deep gash. The blood began to flow freely as she choked back the sobs, her neck now burning as she coughed and continued to cough, luckily no blood came from her throat. Her eyes widened in shock as a something that stung and burn hit her on her wound. Smoke...she smelled smoke, her eyes widened bigger as she realized something. They're burning my cut! She struggled against their grip but their nails dug into her as she kicked and shouted, the fire sithering away her skin as she finally kicked the boy in the gut and elbowed the two boys who held her back. She winced as the caked blood cracked and started to bleed freely again as she ran towards her house collapsing a few feet away from her door. Her eyes closed from exhaustion as she fell asleep tired of the day's activities, all because of what she had become.

***

LW: ^O^;; not much of an update but atleast I got somewhere right??

BC: *eye twitches* +___+

LW: O_O;; um R&R?