Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ To be Forgotten ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Be Forgotten by Yasu-san



Chapter 3





Yuki stood by the front of the drive way that lead up to the house that he had grown up in. Yuki sighed. He didn’t visit Shigure that much. He felt a little sorry for the dog. He always looked so lonely in that huge house of his. Yuki started the walk up the driveway and knocked on the door.

“Ah! Yuki-kun. This is unexpected.” Shigure answered the door and let Yuki in. They sat down at the low table in the living room.

“So. What brings you here?” Shigure questioned. He hadn’t seen Yuki in awhile.

“I want to know what I forgot.” Yuki stated plainly with his no expression face on. Shigure laughed to himself. He looked like Hatori with that face. Sometimes he didn’t know if Yuki was brothers with Ayame or Hatori.

“You don’t need to remember.” Shigure said. “It would just hurt you…again.”

“I don’t care. You don’t know what it’s like to go around everyday knowing that you’ve forgotten something. “ Yuki pulled out the photo. “Who is this?”

“You’re right. I don’t know how it feels. But you don’t need to remember. It’s better if you stay forgetting.” Shigure stated.

“Just tell me who this is?!” Yuki was getting very tired of Shigure’s little games and refusal to tell him what he want-no, needed to know. It was tearing him apart and he didn’t know why. He hated this feeling and the only answer to the problem was to find out as much as he could about this girl. He could feel that she was the answer.

“Yuki? You’ve forgotten the people in this photo? Well this is Kyo, this is me, and this-” Shigure started but was promptly slapped in the head.

“Don’t be an idiot. You’re an adult.”

“So are you now. And I must say that adults don’t go around slapping people in the back of the head.” Shigure whined.

“Tell me who she is.” Yuki said with ice in his voice. He was dead serious now.

“How did you get this photo?” Shigure raised an eyebrow.

“It helps being the Rat sometimes.” Yuki said.

“Ha ha. That’s what I thought.” Shigure said. “She went to your high school.”

“But what did she meant to the Sohma’s? She was close, wasn’t she?” Yuki asked.

“Yes, she was. I’ll tell you this. She used to live in this house.” Shigure said. Yuki stared back.

‘She lived here? I don’t remember- of course I wouldn’t remember that. But she used to live here? With us? Just how close was this girl?’ Yuki thought to himself.

“That’s all you’re going to tell me isn’t it?” Yuki asked.

“Yes. I didn’t like to see you the way you were then and I don’t want to see again. Nobody does Yuki. We all love.” Shigure stated.

Yuki stared at Shigure for awhile, contemplating what little Shigure told. He may not have said much but it told Yuki a lot. This girl was very close to the Sohma’s. she may even have known about the secret. But how would Akito let that be? Akito wouldn’t let that be. He would promptly have her memories erased. But what if he didn’t. Why would he not do that? How close was this girl?

“Fine. I will find out about her.” With that Yuki got up and left.

“I hope he knows what he’s truly looking for.” Shigure said.

* * * * * * * *

“Well, It’s getting late.” Tohru said as she yawned. It was 23:00 and Tohru wasn’t used to staying up this late unless she had to do something for work.

“Okay. So we go to the reunion on Thursday.” Uo said.

“Yes.” Tohru agreed and headed toward the hotel.

‘It was so nice to spend time with Uo-chan and Hana-chan.’ Tohru thought. ‘I hope I remember this “Prince charming” and “Orange head.” Maybe I will when go to the reunion.” With that thought Tohru entered her hotel and immediately collapsed onto her bed and slept.

* * * * * * * *

Yuki returned to his house and went inside. He sat down at the low table and thought.

‘If she went to my high school, then she might go to the reunion.’ Yuki thought. ‘Why do I feel that she holds all my answers?’ Yuki frowned in thought and couldn’t answer the question he just asked himself. He did feel that she could help him or give him some answers, but why? And who exactly was she? Her identity was still unknown to him. Who was this girl? Why was she so close to the Sohmas? How did she get so close? And why was she so close? The repetitive question(s) lingered in the air. All he knew, how he didn’t know, was that this girl held answers that he had been searching for years for.

‘If she did go to my high school then she would go to the reunion. I will find out your identity and story fushigi mecchen.’

Yuki went to bed to sleep on it as the saying goes. But what Yuki didn’t realize was that his subconscious was directing him through the dark to the light at the end.

* * * * * * * *

Well. I don’t particularly like this chapter. *sob* I seem to not be writing well lately…Oh well. All authors must go through their dark periods. If anybody knows how to say “mystery girl” in Japanese please tell me! I tried searching it on the internet but nothing would take the two words together so one/ both are probably wrong…*sweat drop* I hope you all are enjoying this as much as I am. Gomen nasaii about this chapter’s length. I didn’t want the reunion to be in this chapter. Also, I’m very happy! *dances* All of my FIVE projects are now DONE! YAY! *dances some more!* Please keep reading (if you want that is) and Stay Happy!

Ja ne

Yasu-san