Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The Other Half ❯ Bad Day ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Other Half
Bad day
 
Today was not a good day for Roy Mustang. The pile of papers he had to work trough was growing larger with each passing minute it seemed, which didn't exactly help the headache he was developing. On the top of that, he was expecting a report from the Fullmetal Alchemist. Normally he would have embraced an oppurtunity to tease the short-tempered Alchemist, but with a headache already starting he wasn't looking forward to a yelling Edward just a few steps away.
He signed a paper and as he reached for another the office door burst open, revealing a irritated blonde.
“Here's my report Colonel Bastard!” Edo said with already a partially raised voice. Roy groaned softly, rubbing his temples. Suddenly it seemed colder in the militairy office.
“Oi, you okay Colonel Bastard?” Edo asked with a hint of worry in his voice.
“I'm fine” he lied, feeling his headache grow to a migraine.
“Like hell you're fine! You're as pale as a ghost!” Edo said again with a loud voice.
“Then would you keep it down? I got a headache allright?”
The temperature seemed to drop further to a freezing point and Roy shivered. Edward, now seriously concerned checked his superiors forhead.
“Hm. No fever, but maybe you should take - OI COLONEL!”
Roy had started trembling all over and he glutched his head, feeling nauseous.
“C'mon, let's get you to a doctor!” Edo helped the Flame Alchemist up and supported him as they walked towards the door. Suddenly Roy felt like he had been stabbed with a sword, his knees grew too weak to support him and he felt to the ground, partially dragging Edo with him. As his knees hit the floor the nausea became to great and he coughed... blood.
“Colonel! SOMEONE! GET A DOCTOR, QUICKLY!” Edward yelled franticly. The door swung open, revealing Riza Hawkeye, returning with a cup of coffee.
“What's going on?!” she demanded.
“the Colonel's sick! Go get a doctor! Hurry!”
“Right away!” She answered, shocked by Edo's worried look.
Roy was still kneeling, hugging himself while panting heavily. He clutched at his chest, the place where his heart was, groaning in pain he didn't know the cause of. Edo put his own red coat over the Colonel, rubbing Roy's upper arms comfortably.
“It's gonna be okay, just hang on, allright?” he said softly. Roy nodded, wanting to believe it. Suddenly he coughed more blood, just before he lost consiousness he whispered “...Ryla”.
“Colonel! COLONEL!”