Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The Other Half ❯ The Dream ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Dream
 
Everything was dark, way to dark to just be a starless night. To say Roy was scared would be an understatement, he was just eight years old after all!
“Ryla! Ryla, where are you?!” he called desperatly.
“I'm right here, silly!” a voice answered from the left.
A relieved smile appeared on Roy's face and he started to run towards his sister. And there she was, brave as ever, not scared of the dark at all. Her charcoal black hair beautifully dancing around her porcelain like face. Her eyes a sparkling grey like a bright star, penetrating the darkness.
“Seriously, you're older AND a boy! You should be the one comforting me, Silly!” she smiled.
“Gomen, Ryla”
“Oh Don't worry about it, as usual you're way to cute to get mad at!” she said teasingly as she hugged him.
“I'm NOT cute!” he protested.
“O yes you are, Roy-chan!”
 
“Roy-chan! Roy!”
“Roy!”
Roy woke with a start. He was lying on the couch in his office.
“Are you okay? You were tossing and turning, did you have a nightmare?” Edward asked.
“N-no, I'm fine”
Edo gave him a look.
“What?”
“The last time you said that you fainted after coughing up blood, so excuse me for not believing you!” he said.
Roy sighed, I'm fine, REALLY!”
It was true, the nausea was gone just like most of the headache. He still was cold though.
“Hm. O yeah, the doctor was here two hours ago and he said though you looked fine then, you should take today and tomorrow off and rest.”
“Two hours ago? How long have I been out?”
“Nearly five hours now, Luiteanant Hawkeye and the others are outside, since the doctor said that when you wake you shouldn't be crowded by worried people.”
“Oh...”
“You sure, you're allright? You seem rather out of it.”
“No I'm fine, just thinking, that's all”
“About what?” Blunt as ever, Roy smiled softly.
“My sister”
“Sis - ...? I didn't knew you had a sister, Colonel Bastard”
“Twin-sister to be exact, and I tend to split my personal life from my life in the militairy.”
Edo smiled. “So... You dreamed about her, right?”
Roy looked up. “Yes, how did you know?”
“...You kept calling her name, Ryla. Also when you fainted you whispered that name.”
“...I did, didn't I”
“Hm?” Edo didn't understand why, but suddenly Roy's voice turned sad.
“I... I kept calling her cause... cause I can't find her... in my mind”
Edo didn't know what to say, how could he? He didn't have a clue what the Colonel was talking about! Can't find her in his mind...?
There was a knock on the door.
“Come in”
It was Riza.
“Sir, I heard voices so I guessed you were awake. Would you like me to ride you home? You should take it easy the next days.”
Roy nodded. “Yes, thank you.”
He got up with the unasked help of Edo.
“...Thank you for taking care of me, Fullmetal”
A sad smile. Edo still didn't understand, but he nodded. He looked at the clock at the wall. 17.37. He should go home too, Al was probably worried.