Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The Other Half ❯ Why me? ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Why me?
 
Edo sighed as he looked in the mirror. A eighteen-year-old young man in black stared back at him with sad eyes. Of course had he said yes when Roy had asked him to join him at the funeral, he didn't know why though. Sure he cared about the Colonel, a bit too much for just a relationship between superior and subordinate, but he doubted the Colonel felt the same way. He despised himself for hoping for anything in a time like this, when the Colonel needed him the most he tought about his own feelings. Another sigh escaped his lips as he adjusted his tie and prepared to leave.
“Are you leaving, Nii-san?” Alphonse asked.
“Yeah, it's almost time to meet up with the Colonel.”
“...Something's bothering you, isn't it?”
“Ah, guess you can really read my mind sometimes, ne?”
“No, just your bodylanguage”
Edo smiled, only his brother knew him well enough to read underneath his temperamental behaviour.
“Just wondering why the Colonel asked me of all people...”
Al looked at him with that particual look that said “...And?”, but he ignored it, he didn't want his brother to know about his secret crush. Luckily Al had never seen him being in love, cause he never had been before. Missions and stuff like that always came in the way. Al sighed now.
“You already know the answer to that one, Nii-san”
“I do?” Edo said confused, brought out of his daze.
“Yes! Just think of it, you're the only person the Colonel knows, who has such a close relative to maybe understand how he feels.”
“What do you mean? And how was I supposed to know that?”
“We're brothers and very close ones at that, but nothing is compared to the closeness of twins. Remember the 12th of august when he fainted at exactly 12.41 whispering her name. You told me the answer yourself!”
“Oh...” he said. “I still don't really get it, but thanks anyway”
he looked at the clock.
“Shit, I gotta run. See you later, Al!”
“Bye Nii-san”