Gravitation Fan Fiction ❯ The Coffeeshop ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: They aren't mine, they belong to Maki Murakami... bless her wonderful mind. (she really needs to finish `Ex' though...) The lyrics are from the "Rage Beat"
"This feels like a dream." Shuichi murmured
He lay cuddled in Yuki's arms after a few moments of passionate kissing. Even though the two had shared a bed for nearly a month, that's as far as they'd gone. Shuichi was both anxious and terrified of the day when they progressed. Yuki nodded and cuddled closer.
Shuichi still worked at The Coffeeshop, and Yuki still came everyday, only now it was more kissing over the counter than talking. Shuichi can still remember the first time Yuki came in and greeted him with a kiss, he'd turned beet red and the spotted Hayuna slip Shi, one of the other waitresses, a fifty. He wasn't sure why, and didn't really care to ask now. His day's were spent mostly resting, spending time with Yuki, and trying to read over Yuki's shoulder the book he was writing.
"I have a surprise for you tonight." Yuki murmured
"What?" Shuichi asked "Did you buy me something? I hope not, because..."
"I'm broke?" Yuki asked bluntly
"Well.. there's that... and that I don't have anything to give you."
Yuki smiled.
"Yeah, you do. You just don't realize it." He said softly
Shuichi sat up and looked at Yuki. He looked angelic in the morning light. His blond hair and amber eyes shone brightly. Shuichi felt as if he were floating, all the time. He found himself singing more and more, and his lyrics starting to come to him. But he wasn't ready to try and pick up his mic just yet.
"Yuki!" Shuichi shouted, clinging closer to his boyfriend "Where are we going?"
"You'll see."
"But..."
"Shu... trust me."
Shuichi looked up at him, and nodded. How could he not trust him? He had given him a wonderful place to stay, rent free, and had inspired him in more ways than he could count.
"Yu-Yuki?"
Shuichi realized the place they'd stopped at, and the sign plastered above the door.
Open mic night.
"What?"
"Why did you... why would you do that?"
Yuki looked down at him, alarmed.
"I won't..."
He let go of Yuki's hand, hurrying in the other direction.
"Shu!" Yuki called after him, and then running to catch up to him "Shu! What is it?"
"I won't sing! I can't!"
"Why not? Are you afraid to?" Yuki challanged
Shuichi whirled around to face him.
"Afraid? Who's afraid here? Why don't you tell me Eiri Yuki why you really stopped writing books!"
"Because she died!"
They both froze, there on the street, neither one wavering, or moving, until Yuki spoke again.
"I loved her... and she died... God, I mean, I was right there... we were... and... Nina... her name was Nina..."
"Yuki, slow down." Shuichi said, calmer now, taking his hands "Tell me what happened."
They made their way inside the building and sat down.
"We were walking. We had just gotten ice cream... and she wanted to walk home." He said, slowly, his eyes glazed over, as if reliving it all "She was so... beautiful... had the most amazing smile... Just lit up rooms with it." He looked at Shuichi "Like yours." He paused before continuing "She didn't want to take a taxi... said walking would be good for me. We started crossing the street... I dropped something... and doubled back for it. She stopped and waited... in the middle of the street... when I hit the sidewalk... I heard a honk and turned around... and there it was..."
Yuki swallowed, and didn't speak for a moment, Shuichi blinked away tears, and squeezed Yuki's hand harder. He started to tell him that he didn't have to continue, but Yuki did.
"A car... and right before it hit her... right before it broke her body into... Nina looked at me. And she was the most beautiful I'd ever seen her, and I swear she smiled..."
Shuichi could no longer hold back tears, they ran down his face and dripped onto his and Yuki's hands. Yuki didn't seem to notice.
"She smiled, and this car killed her..." He scoffed "I ran to her... calling her name... like that would bring her back somehow... but when I got to her, she just looked at me. She wasn't mad or anything... she just looked... like Nina... still smiling... for me. She died before the ambulance got there... right in the middle of this street... and I sat there, weeping like a child, unable to do anything. And ever since then... up until the day I met you... I haven't been able to write... anything at all. It's like... I felt that if I continued rising and getting better. Furthered my career, I'd somehow... leave her behind."
Shuichi could feel his heart breaking. Yuki looked up at him, his eyes painful.
"There's my story." He finished "Now you know it."
Shuichi moved forward and kissed Yuki, who kissed him back, pouring all of his pain and darkness into him. Shuichi willingly accepted it, willingly accepted all of his hurt, if he knew that it'd make Yuki feel better. When they parted, Yuki didn't say anything, just spaced out. Shuichi pulled his hands gently from his, and stood, making his way to the stage.
A few minuets later Yuki blinked a few times, only then becoming aware that Shuichi was gone. He sighed and let his head fall on the table.
'I told him.' He thought 'I wonder if he's okay... with seeing me like that... with knowing everything...'
Music started playing. Yuki felt his finger tapping to the beat, but his head still didn't rise, until he heard:
Obieta mezuki de iradatsu omoi uwaki na kaze hi hakisutete
Kaze ni hakisutete
Hibi-wareta rojou ni toketa Shingunaru
Wa kizauto daka nokoshite-iku
'That voice...'
Madoronda noizu ga asu o keshi-saru
mae ni
yabou ni hibiku kutsuoto okakete
'I know it...'
Doko ni mo tomarani
mitasanai emotion shikato kimete
oikose yo
furueteru shai na seikai no nuke-michi o
neratte
tadoritsuku basho e I Want New World
'It's Shuichi!'
Yuki lifted his head, to see his pink haired lover move about the stage, the entire audience moving and dancing with him. Yuki smiled to see him that way. Every eye in the room seemed glued on him, and he didn't seem to notice.
Muragaru fuan ni tsume o tatereba
mishiranu uso ni hajikarete
mote-amasu jikan ga sabitsuita machi o
warubirezu ni kazatte-iru
berubetto no koin dake o pakku ni
tsumete
meiro no you na yume no chizu wa irani
saka-maky kodou kara
kirakira gin no passion kakehiki dake no
yuuwaku
kowaresou na kimi no hitomi ga ikeru
doa tataite
sagashi-tsuzukeru You just a New World
His body moved with percision, as the crowed moved with him, some cheering him on, some dancing, and others just staring in awe. Yuki could only grin.
Mein sutorito ni kizamu semegi-atta
namida ga
ima mo kikoery kutsuon o hisumaseru
doko ni mo tomaranai
mitasanai emtion shikato kimete
oikose yo
furueteru shai na seikai no nuke-michi o
neratte
tadoritsuku basho e I Want New World
The music stopped, and the crowed screamed and cheered for Shuichi as he left the stage. Yuki stared in awe. He was amazing. That song was amazing. Shuichi carefully ducked around the people and made his way back to him.
"We performed her a while ago... my old band Bad Luck... they still had our music..." Shuichi explained
Yuki raised an eyebrow, still unable to talk
"I figured... if you can get over your fear... I can get over mine... right?"
Yuki smiled at him.
"Let's go home." He said simply
"Yuki... can you do something for me?" Shuichi asked, as they entered the apartment
"Sure." Yuki replied, locking the door and heading for the bedroom "What is it?"
Shuichi wrapped his arms around him and kissed him.
"Can you be mine... forever?"
"I already am."
Shuichi smiled, and then blushed.
"What?"
"Then... will you... make love to me?"
Yuki grinned.
"Shu. I've been waiting to here you say that, for a long, long time."
The two boyfriends, finally became lovers, letting all their fears, all their past pains and anxieties melt away in the friction between their bodies.
REVIEW PLEASE! I want to know how I'm doing! SO PLEASE REVIEW!