Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Denying Love ❯ chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Cherrie: hi again. I hope you're enjoying the story… some people may think that I'm rushing it but I kind of want to finish this story before school starts cuz if not I don't think I'll ever finish it. Sorry! And I hope you enjoy this chapter!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Seed.
 

From chapter 2
 
 
`Damn, I should've brought an umbrella, why wasn't I smart enough? O great its cold too!' Cagalli thought shivering at the coldness and started running home. Halfway there her eyes started flashing. `shit, I can't pass out, not now.' Cagalli thought angrily. She started to fall down, but someone caught her before she fell, she opened her eyes to see Athrun picking her up bridal style into his black Lamborghini.
 

 
Denying Love
 
Chapter 3
 
Athrun's POV
 
`Man it's raining hard out there.' I thought while driving carefully. I was heading home until I saw figure stumbling down the road in the rain.
 
`Who's smart enough to walk in this weather?' I asked myself sarcastically.
 
When I got closer, the figure seemed familiar. `blonde hair' I thought. `Cagalli!' I remembered.
 
“What is she doing walking in this weather?” I mumbled to myself.
 
I got out of the car to ask her only to find her falling into my arms. She was shivering a lot so I decided to bring her back to my house. I put her in the seat of the car and saw her shivering so I took off my jacket and put it over her.
 
`She is definitely not one of the smartest people to walk in the rain without an umbrella' I thought while driving. I glanced her way to see her shivering while she was unconscious. I frowned. `Wouldn't her family be nice enough to at least give her an umbrella?'
 
Kira's POV
 
I was walking lacus home when the rain started pouring down on us, luckily I remembered to bring an umbrella so I took it out, while taking out the umbrella my picture fell. Lacus picked it up.
 
“Who are the people in the picture?” lacus asked.
 
“O it's just me, my mother and my lost twin sister.” I replied. Lacus examined the picture closely.
 
“What's the matter?” I asked looking at the picture too.
 
“Your sister has blonde hair and amber eyes.” Lacus answered.
 
“Ya.” I said.
 
“Cagalli has blonde hair and amber eyes.” Lacus stated. I was stunned, Cagalli my sister? That would be too easy to find her.
 
“Cagalli my twin sister? I highly doubt it. I bet a lot of people have blonde hair and amber eyes.” I assured.
 
“Yes but none with the same birthday and looks.” Replied Lacus. My jaw fell.
 
“Cagalli… Cagalli isn't my sister, she has a family.” I said.
 
“It was just a thought Kira.” Lacus replied.
 
Athrun's mansion
 
Cagalli woke up in a huge bed with blankets covering her body.
 
`Where am I?' she thought.
 
“I see you woke up, I will inform Master Athrun right away.” said the lady, bowed and walked out of the room.
 
Cagalli looked at her left arm and noticed that someone re-bandaged her arm.
 
“You're finally awake. How do you feel?” asked Athrun walking in holding a cup of hot chocolate. He handed it to her.
 
“Much better. Thank you.” Replied Cagalli, she sat up and drank the hot chocolate.
 
They sat in silence. Cagalli liked the room. It was painted in a pastel orange colour and the carpet was a creamy orange colour. The bed was huge with lots of pillows. Athrun sat at the edge staring at her.
 
“Staring is impolite you know.” Cagalli stated annoyed. Athrun chuckled.
 
“You look cute when you're mad” Athrun stated smiling.
 
“Shut up!” she replied blushing.
 
Cagalli got out of bed and realized that she was now dressed in a gray oversized t-shirt that just covered her bottom revealing her long legs. Cagalli screamed and jumped back in bed covering herself with blankets blushing furiously. Athrun turned around blushing too.
 
“You pervert!” she yelled throwing a pillow at Athrun.
 
“OW!” replied Athrun that just got hit by a pillow.
 
“I didn't change you, you were soaked so I told the maid to change you.” Continued Athrun.
 
Cagalli blushed.
 
“Sorry, I thought…” replied Cagalli blushing into an even darker shade of red at her thought. Athrun grinned.
 
Athrun's grin turned into a frown seeing the hand shaped bruise on her neck, he reached out to touch it.
 
“Your neck…”
 
Cagalli moved back against the back of the bed covering the bruise.
 
“It's nothing.” She replied not dare looking at Athrun.
 
“Cagalli let me see.” Athrun said moving closer to her.
 
Cagalli moved away.
 
“It's nothing!” she replied louder.
 
“Cagalli…” Athrun whispered moving even closer holding her shoulders.
 
Cagalli looked down, tears threatening to fall. Never has anyone been so kind to her, yet she doesn't want to burden Athrun with her stupid problems.
 
“Cagalli look at me. Who did this to you?” he asked.
 
“It's nothing Athrun, really.” Cagalli replied looking up at Athrun smiling although tears were welling up in her eyes.
 
Athrun brought her into an embrace.
 
“You can tell me Cagalli. I'll protect you” he assured. When they let go Cagalli smiled at him. He held both of her hands and he smiled back which made Cagalli blush. Then he observed her arm.
 
“Did that bastard Yuuna do this to you?” he asked hold up her left arm, anger in his tone.
 
“No.” she replied.
 
“So the same person hurt your arm too?” he asked in a frustrated tone.
 
Cagalli didn't reply, she just looked down scared to meet his gaze. Athrun frowned.
 
The door to the room opened and the maid came in with Cagalli's clothes; she put them on the chair in the corner of the room.
 
“Master Athrun, Master Zala is waiting for you in his office.” Said the maid.
 
“Tell my father I will be there shortly.” Athrun replied.
 
“Sorry I have to go see my father, I'll be back later. Wait here I'll drive you home.” Athrun said turning back to face Cagalli.
 
“No its fine, I can walk home.” Cagalli smiled.
 
“No I'll drive, just wait a bit.” Athrun replied leaving her room.
 
`Athrun's really rich to have a mansion like this.' Thought Cagalli, 'and the name `Zala' rings a bell… wonder why?'
 
Then it hit her; Mr. Zala was the chairman of PLANTS!
 
`O man, and I've been treating Athrun so badly! AHH' thought Cagalli, frustrated she pulled on her blonde locks.
 
`I have to get out of here, before Athrun comes back, the son of the chairman can't possibly find out where I live. It's a disgrace.' Cagalli thought and quickly got dressed in her uniform, put the gray shirt on the chair and left. Once she was outside in the hallway the old lady greeted her.
 
“Leaving so soon? Master Athrun was going to give you a ride.” asked the old lady.
 
“Yes. Please tell Athrun I thank him for his generosity but I most leave. Thank you!” I said while getting out of his mansion.
 
Patrick Zala's office (Athrun's POV)
 
I knocked on the door.
 
“Come in.” answered the voice.
 
I walked in.
 
“You asked for me father?” I asked.
 
“Yes, you see during these many years-“ Patrick started.
 
“Father just get to the important part.” I interrupted.
 
“You will be engaged to Mia Campbell for the sake of our company.” Replied my father.
 
“WHAT?” I yelled, unable to control my anger.
 
“Calm down Athrun, I am reasonable so if you are in love with someone else then we will cancel the engagement.” My father said.
 
The first person that popped into my head was Cagalli. I really liked her but I could not say that I loved her, not yet anyways. Mia Campbell is DEFINITELY not a girl want to marry. Controlling my anger I said,
 
“Father I am not in love with anyone but I will not to be engaged to a girl that I do not love, in this case ever met.”
 
“Well then it's settled, you are engaged to Mia! What a happy day this is.” Said my father ignoring my wish. Anger rising within me I yelled,
 
“I WILL NOT MARRY HER!” and ran out of the office.
 
I returned to Cagalli's room only to find her missing. I went out to the hallway and saw Merna (the maid).
 
“Merna where is Cagalli?” I asked concerned.
 
“O Master Athrun, the young lady left moments ago saying that she had to leave.” Replied Merna.
 
“Did she say where? Or anything else?” I asked.
 
“She did not say where to but she told me to thank you for your generosity, she seems to be a nice girl.” Replied Merna.
 
Kira's house (Kira's POV)
 
I stayed in my room that afternoon staring at the picture my mother gave me.
 
`Cagalli really isn't my sister is she' I thought to myself, `she can't be, I mean we're so different. Then again she does have the same hair and eye colour. I don't know!'
 
I rested on his bed staring at the ceiling thinking about what Lacus said.
 
`Maybe I can call Athrun and ask him what he thinks, ya I'll do that' I decided. So he called Athrun.
 
“Hello” the voice said.
 
“Hey Athrun! You wanna go out tonight? I need help with something.” I said.
 
“Um sure” Athrun answered but he seemed like he was thinking about something.
 
“Hey what's the matter?” I asked.
 
“O nothing it's just… nothing never mind.” Athrun replied.
 
“Hey Athrun you can tell me.” I assured.
 
“It's just today after school I saw Cagalli passing out cuz it was raining so I brought her to my house then she just left without telling me and for some reason its eating me alive to not know that she's safe. And she had cuts and bruises everywhere.” Athrun said concerned.
 
I smiled.
 
`Athrun finally found someone that he cares a lot about and that someone may be my sister.' I thought happily.
 
“Kira say something…” Athrun said.
 
“O ya sorry, I think you may have fallen in love with her Athrun.” I replied.
 
“WHAT? In love? No way, that's too easy, it's only been two days.” Athrun shouted, making me lift the phone away from my ear.
 
“Every heard of love at first sight?” I asked chuckling.
 
“No Kira you've got it all wrong.” Athrun assured.
 
“Ok, but if you're ready to talk I'm here. I'll meet you at the park at 7, is that alright?” I asked.
 
“Yup. Good with me.” Answered Athrun.
 
Cagalli's house (Cagalli's POV)
 
Once I got back to my house I opened the door quietly. I stepped inside holding my breath waiting for my damned punishment for be late. Fortunately Kai was drunk sleeping on the couch. I let a breath, quickly and quietly I tiptoed upstairs into my room.
 
Although Kai found me on the streets and took me in he was never nice to me, not after his brother died, which was the day he found me so he thought of me as bad luck. I never did grow up like normal kids, I worked all day doing chores for Kai and he'd usually end up hitting me because he was drunk. Now it's a bit better, he doesn't hit me as much but if I don't bring back enough money for him or I come back late I get hurt, to be honest I never can bring back enough money because I have to go to school and my job is part time so it doesn't have enough hours.
 
Then I took out my picture (same one as Kira's). But one day I will find my brother and a new home to live in. I swear on my life. Soon I fell asleep.
 
Clyne Mansion (Lacus' POV)
 
As I sit in my room I can't help but to think about Kira and Cagalli.
 
`Could they really be twins?' I asked myself.
 
I do not know the answer but I hope so, they seem like they could get along. I smiled.
 
`Everytime I think of Kira I smile, does this mean I love him?' I asked myself.
 
`Yes.' I answered, `it is for certain'
 
`But is the feeling mutual?' I asked again.
 
`Of course it is.' A voice replied.
 
`Who is this?' I asked.
 
`I am the voice of your heart.' Replied the voice.
 
`How would you know what he feels?' I challenged.
 
`Because I know.' Said the calm voice.
 
`I doubt you.' I replied as I ended the conversation by falling asleep.
 

 
cherrie: well I think I'm going to end it here because… well I feel like it. And I'm sorry if this chapter was kind of boring. Really really sorry. I will try and update soon! Bye!
 
Next chapter:
 
Cagalli finds out about Athrun's engagement