Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ One way ticket ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ohh, this turned out really cheesy! Anyway, I like to write things cheesy! Hope you like this chapter! It's kinda short, sorry!

And to diane: I know that Heero would be a logical choice, but I wanted Duo to do this. This was going to be an AU at first, with a scarier Shinigami-alike-Duo but I changed my mind. I tried to give an good explanation why Duo should be sent, I hope it acceptable!

Disclaimer: Look in the prologue!

^^^^^^^^^^

One way ticket - Part 1

^^^^^^^^^^

"Yuy, Maxwell, thanks for coming." Lady Une sat behind her massive dark brown desk and had the same dignified look as she always wore in business

Noin snorted.

Heero and Duo had come to the office in two hours as they had promised, and found that Quatre, Trowa and Wufei were there as well. That Wufei was there was no surprise, since he still worked there, with Sally, but the fact that and Trowa and Quatre were there was worrying. They rarely met in business anymore; the last time was when Catherine had been suspected as a murder case. That was of course not true and the whole affair had been silenced since Trowa had hit a high ranked officer in anger. The whole thing had been really scary from Duo's opinion.

After the pilots had said their greetings (Duo and Quatre happily hugged each other) Lady Une offered them to sit down since this was going to take a while. The pilots sat down on the hard wooden chairs, that kind of chairs that never seemed to get comfortable. Noin stood by the door.

"Well, let's get down too business." Duo couldn't help but grin as the Lady had said that. Straight to business. //Oh surprise//

"Let's take the short version" Une said in her military-voice "We have some very dangerous prisoners in jail in the Sank kingdom. For various reasons, some of the most dangerous now have to be moved out of Sank. The fastest way is with plane and we have planned to do it in a couple of months away from now." Une frowned. She seemed worried about something.

Noin spoke up from the door: "It's hard to keep the safety at top when moving 10 of the worlds most dangerous prisoners in the same plane."

"But why move everyone at the same time?" Quatre wondered.

"Sank's budget has been very low, since the most of the country were destroyed in the war. A lot of money has been used to rebuild the country." Une frowned, and she seemed to think bad things about the rulers in Sank.

The ruler in question was a man called John Noventa, a relative to the assassinated Marshal. Noventa. He had taken over the small country since both Relena and Zechs had abdicated. Relena was now Relena Darlian, and she had taken up school again after the Mariemeia-wars. Zechs was Preventer Zechs Marquise, alias Wind and now away on a trip to Mars.

"We're afraid that some of the prisoners are very desperate, since the countries they are moved to don't have any laws against executions. At least 5 of the prisoners will probably get executed as soon as they are out of the country." Une's frown got even more traced. "We want one of you to go undercover as a prisoner. Preferably Mr. Maxwell"

"Huh?" Everyone turned to look at Duo. "Why me?"

"If you accept, you'll have to stay in prison this month together with some of these convicts. The are all very smart, but you have to get them to trust you somehow, or they need to at least know whom you are. You are the most sociable person here and it's easy to trust you."

//Was that a compliment? Best to act that way// Duo smiled.

Lady Une scowled. "I'm not saying it's going to be easy to talk with these prisoners, they are probably very suspecting, but you have a way with words that the other pilots don't have. You can hopefully cover any mistakes you might do."

"Why only send one person?"

"You, the Gundam Pilots are the only one suited for this mission. The most of my old men have started civilian lives by now and my men are new and inexperienced. Mr. Chang is needed on land since he's going to take care of the preparations. Mr. Winner is famous and easy to recognize since he's the only heir to the Winner-family, Mr. Bloom seemed to get rather famous when he worked at the circus and he has also been visible together with mr. Winner, and Mr. Yuy are needed to protect the daughter of John Noventa; Marie Noventa. She received a warning about an assassination attempt yesterday and she needs a bodyguard. Yuy is the best suited for the job. Noin will go with you, though, as a guard. Mr. Maxwell, do you accept this mission?"

//Does she even breath when she talks that much? Well, I'm not the one to talk...// Duo sighed: "Yeah, I guess"

Trowa spoke up: "Lady, I have some questions. One: Why were Quatre and I called here? We don't seem to be useful for this mission. Two:" He looked briefly at Duo. "What is Duo going to be in jail for?"

Noin spoke. "You and Winner are here because of another mission, related to this one. We want you to look after the prisoner before the flight; we'll have a camera in every room. Look at what they are doing and report to me if they do something suspected."

Trowa looked at Quatre who nodded before answering, "Mission accepted."

"As to answer your next question, Bloom, Maxwell is going to be in jail for murder and rape."

"No objections, lady, but I don't think Maxwell looks like a rapist." Wufei looked Duo's short and slim form over. "Not like a murderer either"

Duo glared, but then again, he wasn't entirely sure if it was a compliment or not.

Lady Une just smirked. "Not all criminal does. Now to the details."

^^^^^^^^^^

Duo was in a foul mood when he came home this evening, dragging his taller boyfriend behind him.

"Man, Heero, we should have quit the preventers earlier! I'll have to sit in jail the following month! Why do I always get the boring missions? "

"It's something they're not telling us."

"Huh?"

Heero sat down on the sofa and pulled Duo down with him before he spoke again "What good could you actually do on that plane if the convicts took over? From what Une told us, there will be two pilots, 5 rather inexperienced guards, Noin and you."

"Uh? I never thought about that."

Heero smirked "Exactly, that's why you are mine Duo"

"Hey that wasn't nice, you know!"

"I know" Heero pulled Duo closer and kissed his nose. Duo's eyes followed Heero mouth until it met his nose and ended up looking rather foolish.

He hit Heero's arm. "Don't do that!"

"Do what?"

"Make me look so stupid!"

Heero just smirked. "Let's get back to the subject."

"What subject?"

"The mission" Heero deadpanned.

"Oh"

"I don't get it. What could you do? If Une's apprehension shows to get true, you'll have a hard time."

"Yeah, but my mission is to prevent anything to happen."

"You'll be locked down" Heero reminded him.

Duo was lost in thoughts for a while before answering." If anything happens, the guards probably will get killed or locked up. The prisoners will be freed though. Then I'll be the only useful ally on the plane. He looked homicidal "Damn Une for not telling all the facts!"

Heero actually looked fearful for a moment before asking: "You'll still take the mission?"

"Hell, yeah. I won't turn it down now!"

Heero hugged Duo close to his body: "Just don't get hurt." He could almost hear the smirk in Duo's voice when he answered.

"Hell no!"

^^^^^^^^^^

"You won't be able to contact us in jail or in the plane. You can't have any visitors either." Lady Une said as she watched Duo's face in the reflection in the mirror.

Duo was now dressed in the usual prison clothes, blue trousers and a white tanktop. He held the blue jacket in his hand. On the left pocket SKJ was embroidered. He didn't know what the meaning was and he wasn't interested enough to ask.

//Man, I do really look like a peanut// he thought sadly as he watched his own reflection. Then he turned around to face Une.

"Why not?"

Une frowned, and looked at him as if he was a 5-year-old child that had asked why they couldn't buy an ice cream. "The security reasons. 2 of those prisoners are maybe some the smartest men in the world. 1 of them has impossible high IQ. He laid a 10 000 pieces puzzle in 15 minutes with his eyes closed. Everything has to be perfect. Understood?"

Duo swallowed and nodded.

"Good, oh, and, Yuy will be able to send you letters, but they will get looked over before you'll get them.

"Okay"

"Are you ready?"

"Yeah"

"Then follow the guard to your cell"

Duo did a mocking salute. "Yes, mam."

^^^^^^^^^^

`Nice place' Duo though with sarcasm as he walked behind the muscular guard who was leading him to his cell. It was an old style prison with none privacy. It was prison bars instead of walls. The most dangerous prisoner wouldn't be here, but some of those that would be on the plane would, he should meet the others at various 'incidents' like Une called it.

It actually amazed him how calm and uninterested the most of the prisoner's were. The most of them lay in their beds and watched lazily as he walked past. Some whistles were heard though, and Duo might imagine it, but he thought he heard someone saying; "Pretty boy." very, very silent. He scowled. This was not going to be fun.

Finally he was showed into one of the cells and he heard the door being locked behind him. He snorted; he could probably pick the lock in lesser then 2 minutes.

The cell wasn't special; there was a bed, a small table with following chair and a small toilet with fabric curtains around.

//Just great//

^^^^^^

TBC:

^^^^^^

Oh, sorry about not getting into action immediately. There's going to happen some things in jail first! (Not all that much though, soon they'll hopefully (?) be on the plane)

Review if you like this!