Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ One way ticket ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Music I listened to while writing this; Queen - Another one bites the dust, We will rock you, We are the champions and Bicycle race. Europe - The final countdown. Gregorian/Masters of chant- Moments of peace. Halfcoocked - Bad Reputation. Sacred Spirits - Yeha Noha.

Disclaimer: See the prologue!

^^^^^^^^

One way ticket part 2

^^^^^^^^

It was surprisingly calm in the prison the first 7 days, in Duo's opinion. The guy who had his cell to the left of him were rather nice, his nickname was X-boy for some reason Duo hadn't even bothered to ask. He hadn't even asked why he was there. X hadn't asked him either, witch was strange since a lot of the prisoners seemed to boast a lot about it, like stereotypical fictional thieves. In a strange kind of way, it amused him how they could go on and on about it. - I've killed a family with a kitchen-knife or - I raped 23 women before I was caught. //I've killed hundreds of people, and I am in jail because of a stupid mission//

It all seemed like a game to them, count to three, go ahead and do something criminal, then hide from the cops. It was scary, really.

They could sometimes go out on the prison yard, in nice rows and, of course, handcuffed. A heavy security was also in place.

Duo wondered when he was going to meet the Prisoners, with capital P. Wufei and Une had talked about some `incidents'. He didn't like the sound of that.

He had received a letter from Heero; nothing had happened to Marie Noventa yet and everything seemed rather quiet.

Duo read through the letter once again before sighing, putting it down and leaning down to stretch out on the rather hard bed. It was then he head noise down the corridor.

^^^^^^^^

Mark Wilkins was not a friendly man. Outright aggressive was a more suitable word. Imagine the look on his face when another prisoner smacked him on the ass when his group was on the way to the prison-yard. For some reason they had been made to go through the `weaklings' cells this time.

Wilkins turned around with a growl to face the poor bastard, and got surprised when he saw a quiet short guy with blond hair slicked to his head. He couldn't believe that a little mouse had dared to hit Mark Wilkins!

The handcuffs didn't seem to trouble him, without words, he attacked.

^^^^^^^^

Duo looked at direction the noise had came from, and he couldn't believe his eyes when he saw a skinny man sidestep an attack from a big ratty looking man. Duo's mouth fell open when he recognized the shorter, blond guy. It was Bill (Bat) Smith, one of the more dangerous ones on the flight. //What the fuck is he doing here!?// Wufei had shoved pictures of the Prisoners and Duo had memorized their faces the best he could.

He smirked when he saw that the big assed guy was slowly coming closer while trying to attack Bat. He leaped onto the floor and leaned against the bars with his hands. Duo Maxwell did really enjoy beating stupid idiots to hell and back again.

When Wilkins was close enough to lean on the opposite side of the bars, Duo just wrapped his hands around the almost non-existing neck and held him in place, Wilkins arms fluttering around him in attempt to get away from the unknown enemy.

Before the guards reacted, Bat approached, kissed his own hand, before giving his strike. It was a good one, and the sound when his hand met the jaw was sickening high in the suddenly quiet room. Wilkins fell to the floor with a thump on the greyish floor and lay still for a while, catching his breath.

Duo was amazed; he couldn't believe that a man, almost as short and skinny looking as he was, just had decked a 2 metres tall mountain.

Bat smirked at the look on Duo's face. "What's your name?" he asked before kissing his hand again. It was sickening to look at his red slimy tongue, licking the yellowish skin and Duo shivered but he answered anyway. He forced an evil grin on his face.

"Duo Maxwell, or Shinigami. Nice punch." His grin widened. Civilians did still not know the names of the pilots; they had all agreed not to tell the press at the end of the war. They just wanted to live normal lives, or as normal as they ever could be.

"I think I like you, Shi!" Bat screamed over the loud yells from the guards when they restrained him.

^^^^^^^^

Trowa smirked at the scene playing in front of him on the screen. Duo had caught up like planned and Bat didn't seem to suspect something. Further, it had been rather amusing to watch Wufei smack Wilkins ass before disappearing behind the guards. Bat hadn't noticed and he must have been pretty surprised when Wilkins attacked him the first time, although not showing it. He was glad that they had taped it; it could be good if he needed to blackmail Wufei sometime. Or he could show it to Duo and let him tease Wufei forever. The possibilities were endless.

He frowned as he watched his blonde lover playing with a pencil absently; throwing it up in the air, catching it, spin it on the table, stopping it, and then start from the beginning again. Something just screamed `nervous' from these gestures.

He snatched the pencil away before Quatre could catch it from the air an third time. Quatre looked at him, surprised. "Trowa?"

"You're nervous about something," Trowa stated.

"You noticed, huh?"

//How could I not do that?// "What about?"

Quatre sighed. "I just get this uneasy feeling. I don't know why, but I'm worried about something."

"Something?" Trowa lifted an eyebrow. He could feel something in his stomach, something that felt rather much like worry, to. When Quatre `felt' something, it usually didn't imply any good.

"Yes, `something'! I don't know why, but I'm worried about `something'!"

Towa could hear frustration in his lover's voice, and he pulled Quatre closer in a soothing hug. "Should we tell someone?"

Quatre didn't answer and he let the subject fall. He concentrated on the person in his arms and cradled him closer to his body, while whispering soothingly.

^^^^^^^^

Heero sighed as he watched Marie Noventa converse with her friends. She was a cute 16-year-old girl, with her blond hair in a ponytail, and ice-blue eyes hid behind glasses. She was nice and polite enough, but he didn't like to follow her as a bloodhound. He received quite a lot of stares from the kids too. On top of that, she seemed to have a crush on him. It was like the time he had been a bodyguard for Relena for the Preventers. He had been happy to know that she had a boyfriend now; and he seemed nice.

He just couldn't believe how much girls could talk with each other! He happened to "overhear" their conversation:

"Is that your bodyguard?"

"Yes, isn't he cute?"

"Cute? I think amazingly sexy is the word!"

"Do you think he likes me?"

"Hard to tell, he doesn't seem to show his emotions much"

"Isn't his eyes just so gorgeous?"

"Yes but I like the hair to!"

"Oh, yes, the hair!"

"And the body!"

"Gods, am I drooling?"

"No, well, maybe a little."

"A little!? Where?"

Heero sighed once again. Despite Duo's carefree attitude about this mission, he was worried. It was too much that could go wrong. He had gotten a mail from Wufei that told him that everything was okay, and that Duo had met the first one of the 3 `dangerous ones'; Bat. It had seemingly gone well.

Heero sighed for the third time when the school bell rang and Marie want inside the grey school building.

^^^^^^^^

Duo did NOT like to think about Bat. //Is he really a genius?// The kissing and licking of his own hands was scary and disgusting. //I wonder what the others are doing right now?// He imagined Heero standing beside an eight year old girl with his `mission-look' in his eyes. His thoughts continued to Wufei, who probably were yelling at a poor secretary who had spilled coffee on some important papers. Then Quatre and Trowa…alone…. in a small room…. uh…. watching him...and…. umm…. making out. Duo's face reddened.

He quickly picked up the book he'd gotten in jail. //"Hindi for beginners" Oh joy…//

"Nice book?"

X-boy was watching him from his own bed, only clad in the blue trousers. The sigh was depressing in Duo's eyes. X had a `very' muscular body, and it was nicely tanned in a golden brown colour. He felt so fucking `small' in this place! The only one around here at his length was Bat, at least from what he had seen. Duo smirked lazily:

"Yeah, sure" He tried to throw the book through the metal bars, but failed. The book fell down on the cold floor with a thump and Duo was too lazy to pick it up again.

"What was it called?" X asked, ignoring the failed attempt at a throw.

"Dunno, Hindi for Beginners or some other shit."

X-boy smirked. "Had luck huh?"

"Sure" Duo snorted.

The guards gave them a book every third day, and Duo had gotten 4 altogether. They hadn't been interesting though. //Math, university grade, an Atlas, Fairy tales and now this!//

"Be careful with Bat"

"Huh?" Duo stared at X-boy, surprised.

"Bat's suffering from split personality disorder. You met one of them, the `younger' one." X-boy's voice lowered as he spoke. "The `younger' one is the cheerful one. He's acting like an 18-year old fucking psycho when he's like that. The `younger one' enjoys killing. The `older one' is a little quiet but very deadly. He's more strategic like that, and smarter. Watch out for both, though."

Duo listened, fascinated "Why are you telling me this?"

"The `young one' seems to like you. The last one he liked, he killed after a while. He enjoys seeing pain."

Duo shivered. Okay, this was not good. This was really bad. Didn't Une or someone know this? "Doesn't he see a therapist or something?"

"Nope. He's very discrete when a guard can see him. No one has notices yet, only the other prisoners" X shrugged and fell back on his bed.

The conversation was ended.

^^^^^^^^

"How's it going?"

Wufei turned around to see his girlfriend standing in the door. "Onna! How did you get in here?"

Sally shrugged with a silly smile on her face. "The door was unlocked so I went to pick you up."

"Oh" Wufei tried to sound deadpanned, but he didn't quite made it. He sounded more embarrassed and Sally laughed.

"I asked how it was going" she reminded him.

Wufei shut the computer off with a happy sigh. "Good, I think." He shrugged his preventer jacket off his shoulders and went past Sally to the men's locker rooms. Sally followed through the boring, grey painted corridor him and stopped him at the door with a hand on his shoulder.

"I think?"

"Maxwell's doing good, if that's what you're asking" Wufei looked irritable. He really wanted to go home after an intensive day at work. //I'm too old for this kind of work! Never mind I'm only 18!//

Sally sighed and put a defeated look on her face. "You know, Fei, after knowing each other for 3 years I thought that you would start calling him by his first name. He'd appreciate it, you know."

Wufei frowned. "I know he'd appreciate it. I'll start calling him Duo when he stars calling me Wufei."

"You only call him Maxwell because he calls you Fei, Wu, Wu-man, Wu-bear and so on?"

"Yes!"

Sally snickered. "You're bickering with each other!" She kissed Wufei on his forehead. It really amused her that he still was shorter than her and he probably would remain that way, and she loved pointing that out with gestures like kissing him on the forehead or patting him on the head. She was always rewarded with a frown, or an…

"Onna!"

Sally giggled and escaped down the hall.

^^^^^^^^^^

TBC…

^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry `bout not getting on the plane yet! And I'm really trying to make longer chapters but is just doesn't works!

Anyway, tell me if you like!