Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Memiors of an Amiercan Gundam Pilot ❯ Infiltration ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I don't own anything in here, except my own character. Everything and everyone else is owned by their respected owners.

To see the whole entire fanfiction series, visit www.gundamwing-gofightwin.web1000.com. (Note that this fanfic series won't be on the page, but all of the rest of the fanfics will be there, from the original Gundam Wing - Go, Fight, Win to the recently written Preventer's Core. Plus, you'll find side stories, songfics, and a bio of all the characters.)

Chapter Twenty-four: Infiltration

It was about 12:00 PM on October 31st, and I was the only one in the house as everyone else left an hour ago to work on their operation. I was packing up the items into my Skyline and I would leave around 3:30 to head to the airport. There, Shoeless Johnson was preparing the plane. I arrived at four and I told him that Amy would arrive at 6:30 to 7:00 and that we would take off around 7:30. He was OK with that, and he helped me get the stuff on the plane.

Sure enough, at 6:30, Amy arrived at the airport on her bike. She changed into her suit and we were all ready with time to spare.

"Good luck," he said to us.

"Thanks," we both said. "We're gonna need it."

Right before take-off, we did last minute checks and made sure that the weapons and equipment - which were brand new expect for my Deagles - actually work, which they did.

By the time 7:30rolled around, we were already in the air, waiting to get to our point. Shoeless Johnson was right: the autopilot was really good.

We reached the base, and the door opened up. We were ready to commence this operation. Amy jumped out first and said, "Geronimo!" as she dove into the night sky. I looked down, and it was a long way down. I counted backwards from 10 then said, "Go!" as I jumped out. We were both being pulled to the earth in a free fall.

We released our parachutes at the right altitude, and we landed on the roof without a squeak. The drop had worked to perfection.

"That," Amy said in a shaken voice, "was so cool!" as she clapped her hands together.

I smiled at her and said, "That was cool," as we both packed up our parachutes.

We pulled out our weaponry and equipment. Then we found an entrance to the base via a ventilation system. I removed the covering and Amy went in crawling first, and I followed behind. We both made our way deeper and deeper into the base.

"Are you on Amy?" I called over the headset.

"Matt, I'm not sure which way to go," she said to me in a whisper. I pulled out the blueprints from my pocket and looked at the vent maps. I found it and said, "Make a left; no wait, right."

"No left!" she said.

"Left, got it," I came back.

"Right!" she screamed.

"Just make up your damn mind!" I yelled back.

"Just go to the left!" she yelled back.

So we went left, and we were right because it lead us to the computer room. She removed the vent ceiling cover and we both landed quietly without a sound. She walked over the computer and started to hack it. It took her a long time, then she hit a roadblock: the computer flashed "NOT FOUND." She cursed to herself and she told me, "Um…Houston, we have a problem."

"What is it?" I asked quickly.

"The information isn't here. According to the computer, the info is located in another room in the base covered my heavy security, both lasers and ground sensors," she told me.

"Oh great," I moaned.

"But it seems we found the security mainframe and I can disable it from here. The only problem is, I can only disable it for only 2 minutes, so you're going to have to go in," she said.

"But why me?" I asked.

"What do you expect me to do: jump into the vent, get into the room, pull the info, and get back into the vent? Being in the vent alone would take me a minute!" she said while typing.

"Fine," I said dully as I went back into the vent. With the map, I found the room easily. When I got there, I removed the vent ceiling cover, placed it in the vent, and I stuck my head upside down to see the room. The room was full of ground lasers that ran in all directions; if I dropped a penny that place would go off. I also noticed that they were motion sensors in each corner, but I couldn't see the ground sensors; I bet that they where implanted under the floor.

In a calm voice, I said to Amy, "I'm here."

"OK, I'm pressing the button," she said, and then she counted down; when she reached zero, the security virtually disappeared and I jumped into the room and started to hack the computer as fast as I can. I found it quickly and I started to download it onto a data disk, but the download took a long time, even freezing at point. I was getting anxious, and with little time left, the download completed, and I rushed back into the vent. I was lying on my back, breathing hard as I heard the alarms going off. I slapped my head as I headed back to Amy's position.

"Amy," I said gasping for air, "did you set off the alarm system?"

"No I didn't; someone probably set it off manually," she said.

I stopped in the vent for a second to catch my breath and to stuff the disk into one of the pockets. Then I looked down to see a running Heero with a gun in hand.

"Shit," I said. "Amy, get the hell out of there! Heero's coming! Meet me at the extraction point!"

While I was running through the vents, I heard over the radio Amy talking to Heero and some gunfire.

I reached the roof, and Amy quickly followed. We were both on our backs breathing hard. The good news was the extraction point was a good 50 feet away.

"I do not want to do that again!" she yelled at me taking short breaths.

"But hey, look at the bright side," I said to her, "we got the information," as I showed Amy the disk.

"That's true," she said.

Then Jason arrived on time, ripping down the chain-linked fence. We both jumped in, and he drove off quickly to fend off any pursuers. We had made it, and the operation was a huge success expect for the running part. Amy pointed to Jason's window that had spit on it and asked, "Jas, what's that?"

"Long story," he said as he sped towards the house.