Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Memiors of an Amiercan Gundam Pilot ❯ The USS Titan ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I don't own anything in here, except my own character. Everything and everyone else is owned by their respected owners.

To see the whole entire fanfiction series, visit www.gundamwing-gofightwin.web1000.com. (Note that this fanfic series won't be on the page, but all of the rest of the fanfics will be there, from the original Gundam Wing - Go, Fight, Win to the recently written Preventer's Core. Plus, you'll find side stories, songfics, and a bio of all the characters.)

Chapter Twenty-six: The USS Titan

We all decided to stay in Salem at least through Thanksgiving. During the time, we trained and took a vacation. I went over to the local shooting range to improve on my aim. I thought that the locals were going to be scared of a kid who carried a FAMAS G2 Assault Rifle and two Deagles, but they didn't care.

At Thanksgiving, we threw the biggest feast anyone had seen in their lifetimes, and let me tell you: we had a lot of leftovers.

We left for Boston International Space Port on the first day of December, and we all knew that this would be our first trip of to space. I thought this was scarier than the HALO drop. The only people from our world that went up to space were astronauts and that they went though all that training; here, anyone can fly up to space with no experience necessary. So overall it was pretty nervous. We grabbed at the port what we hoped wouldn't be our last meals, said a few encouraging words to each other, and boarded the private shuttle. Within a few minutes, we were into the sky and the cold heartless space. I was on my laptop looking through the intel and watching a few of my favorite movies.

We arrived at the Space Port of Colony L6, all tired and barely walking out the shuttle. We walked out the lobby where Dannon would meet us. When we reached a few chairs, we sat down and caught our breaths.

"I never," Jason said sucking in air, "want to do that as long as I live."

"Their food is worse than what the plane scurvies; I thought I was going to blow chunks," Savanna stated.

"I think I saw mine move," Amy gagged.

"At least we're back on gravity now," she said happily. We all said "Yeah."

We sat there for a few minutes and a waitress came over to us and gave us a few more drinks. We where chatting when we saw a mob of reporters and camera crews catching a glimpse of something as those reporters were asking questions. They were pushed back by security, and the figure emerged from the pack not caring about them.

I could not believe who it was.

"Oh my god," Savanna said in pure shock.

"It's…It's…It's…" Jason said pointing a finger at the figure.

I finished the sentence for him. "Relena…" I said with emotion.

"It seems that our cold-hearted leader has feelings after all?" Trel said nudging my ribs.

"The cold heart has melted! Someone call the press! Wait a moment!" Amy said dashing off.

A few minutes, a reporter asked, "What's your love life like?" She stopped for a moment and glared at the reporter. The reporter ran for dear life.

"Ouch, that had to work," Amy said drinking some water.

"My love life is not important at the time right now, only the future of peace lies ahead," she said with a smile on her face, and then continued to walk. I saw a slight tear on her face as she ascended on the escalator. I knew that deep down she still loved me, and I just wanted to run up to her, hug her, and tell her that it would be all right. If only those damn doctors didn't get in my way, telling me I can't see her.

"Those reporters know exactly what buttons to push and strings to pull," Savanna said drinking her water.

"I hear you," Amy said sadly.

A few minutes went by with no Fred, and we all dozed off to a semi-deep sleep until we heard a glass slammed on the table. We looked up and tried to figure out if it was a grinning Howard or Fred. We didn't care, we're just glad that someone came to claim us.

"I'm guessing you're the five Americans I'm supposed to pick up," he said. We all nodded as we rubbed our eyes.

"Good. Now, grab your bags and follow me," he said as he walked away from us. We were dragging our items through the port, so we took some of those carts and we used them. We headed into the Private Ports section of the Space Port when Amy asked, "Are you really Howard's twin brother?"

"Yep. Fred Dannon the name and piloting the Titan's my game. I presume your Amy Maxelle, the computer hacker for the group," he said glancing at her.

"That me alright," she said confidently. We all went on.

"You," he said, "are Trela Armstrong, Medic and Communications Expert," as he pointed to Trel.

"You can call me Trel," she said to him, smiling.

"And you are Jason Storm, the tactics planner and the trigger-happy one of the group," he went on.

"Watch it! I'm only trigger-happy when I drink Coke!" he shouted as he crossed his arms and mumbled phrases in Spanish.

"And Savanna Walker, Undercover Spy," Dannon said. Savanna nodded.

"So that leaves Matthew Miranda, the leader. Welcome captain," he said, giving me a salute.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Dannon," I said to him.

We walked for a few minutes in silence until we stopped and looked out of a window. We gasped as we saw a golden Peacemillion with red letters on the top, reading "USS Titan: The Ship that Can Change the Stars."

"Man, if you like if on the outside, wait until you see the inside," he said as we walked on the connecting bridge to the ship. It was dark when we walked through, and there was light at the end of the tunnel, and we were nearing. When we got there, the light was so blinding we covered our eyes. When our eyes adjusted, we all saw a crew all in uniform and standing there in a straight tunnel saluting us. Our jaws were on the floor and it sat there; that place was huge.

"This is my loyal crew and some of the trainers will help you adapt to space conditions," he said as he pointed to them. "They'll help you with anything you need." We nodded as he gave us a tour, placed our baggage in our rooms, and headed back to the large hanger, where Fred was waiting for us.

"Before we move out, the doctors want me to give you all something," he said smiling.