Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Memiors of an Amiercan Gundam Pilot ❯ Return to Myth Island ( Chapter 38 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I don't own anything in here, except my own character. Everything and everyone else is owned by their respected owners.

To see the whole entire fanfiction series, visit www.gundamwing-gofightwin.web1000.com. (Note that this fanfic series won't be on the page, but all of the rest of the fanfics will be there, from the original Gundam Wing - Go, Fight, Win to the recently written Preventer's Core. Plus, you'll find side stories, songfics, and a bio of all the characters.)

Note: Now we're in the Preventer's Core arc…

Chapter Thirty-seven: Return to Myth Island

We were all sitting near the campfire, sharing stories about anything in general, when we decided to abandon this place mostly because of the risk that Osama, Saddam, and Treize were out there.

I was in my cockpit making sure everything was in operation and to make sure I didn't leave anything behind. I was supposed to take off at that time when Relena came into my view. I smirked at her call and used Shining Bird Wing to sweep her off her feet and get her off the Gundam. I kept hearing her sweet, but a bit annoying, rant, but suddenly she said, "I love you Matthew," with tears in her eyes.

"I love you too Relena," I said with emotion.

Soon enough, I was in the night sky heading back to Myth Island.

The next day, I headed to Dragon's Waterfall to finally put Shining Bird Wing to rest; I had placed it inside a cave behind the waterfall. I was looking at my mental friend, thinking back at all the memories we had: destroying bin Laden, the missions, and saving Relena & Mariemaia from the palace.

I smiled and said, "You and me have been through a lot my friend. May you rest in peace my comrade."

I left the waterfall, and some of the water from the waterfall hit my Gundam, making it look like it was crying. Before I left, I decided to head to the memorial for Dragon's Waterfall. Some of the bronze had been rusted from nature, but it still shined. Also some of the bronze on the plate that contained that quote I said to Relena had rusted, but I could still read it easily. I read it and I thought about her and how I missed her so much after just one day.

I smiled sadly as I left, leaving my old friend in the cold, damp cave. I walked down a path remembering everything we've done: the food fight (although I had no involvement in it), the party, and the Salem Operation.

Then I heard an eagle cry, and when I went to look for it, a paper fell on my foot.

Dear Mr. Miranda,

Don't look so glum, chum. You're not leaving yet; you have a few more things to take care of.

From,

The Force

P.S.: Go to the house for more information.

I looked at the eagle, and it nodded. So, I smiled as I sprinted to the house to see what was going on.

We all arrived at the same time to see a banner saying: "Start Training Guys - You're Headed to the Olympics!"