Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Memiors of an Amiercan Gundam Pilot ❯ Headed Back to Sactown ( Chapter 39 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I don't own anything in here, except my own character. Everything and everyone else is owned by their respected owners.

To see the whole entire fanfiction series, visit www.gundamwing-gofightwin.web1000.com. (Note that this fanfic series won't be on the page, but all of the rest of the fanfics will be there, from the original Gundam Wing - Go, Fight, Win to the recently written Preventer's Core. Plus, you'll find side stories, songfics, and a bio of all the characters.)

Chapter Thirty-eight: Headed Back to Sactown

The summer Olympics was postponed in A.C. 196 in Austin, Texas, due to the war, and it was rescheduled for the summer of A.C. 197. It was the winter of A.C. 196, and we knew what was coming: New Years. The group all stayed on Myth Island for about three weeks to prepare and condition for Olympic qualifying. After throwing a big New Year's party, we parted for each state where qualifying was taking place. We also left a note for the other Gundam pilots where we all went and that we didn't leave the galaxy.

While everyone went to their locations, I heard the Martial Arts qualifying were occurring in Sacramento, CA - my hometown. The next day when I arrived at the airport, I noticed the city had changed from my era; Sac has ballooned to another Los Angeles and unlike the old "Sactown," the downtown area was now bustling with nightlife, and there were no plots of land left like in the old days; most of the land was urban sprawl now. I also noticed that Arco Arena was demolished, and the new arena called the Wells Fargo Arena was erected near downtown, as I drove to the city center. As I checked into a bigger Hyatt that day, I read today's Sacramento Bee.

"SACRAMENTO THREE-PEAT," the headline read, with a photo of the King's players holding the championship trophy. They had beat Indiana 135-109 and won the series 4-1. Peja had a career high 48 points and was 11-16 from 3-point land; Webber and Divac had triple-doubles (25 points, 15 rebounds, 11 assists; 15 points, 11 rebounds, 10 assists).

(*Points to above paragraph* That paragraph is the reason why the Kings lost in the second round to Minnesota…*sweatdrops*)

'A lot has changed since I left…' I thought to myself.

Later that night, I was walking down the K Street Mall when I saw a little girl and her dog being cornered by three bullies twice her size. So, I decided to check it out and see what was going on. And I was right: it was bullying in action. And you know how much I hate bullying.

"Leave the girl alone assholes," I said walking out of the shadows.

"Oh, look what we have guys: a little hero just walked into our crime," one of the gangsters mocked.

"What is he going to do? The little hero might have laser beams or something," the second one said sarcastically.

"Please don't hurt us little hero," the last one laughed.

"That Mr. Hero to you punk-ass bitches," I said with a smirk. They tried to charge at me but I dodged them at ease. They tried to charge at me again but this time I kicked one of them right in the balls. I continued to fight using some of my karate moves that I knew until they were scared shitless and then they ran off.

The girl and the pup ran towards me and she hugged me. I looked at her, and I noticed that she was Chinese.

She bowed and said, "Thank you, sir, for saving Tiger and me."

"You're welcome," I said with a smile.

"Shelly!" shouted a deeper voice from the street. I heard footsteps, and an old man wearing a white Chinese fighting uniform ran up to us.

"Grandpa!" she shouted as she hugged him.

"Thank you for saving my granddaughter little one," he said to me.

"You're welcome," I said with a bow.

"Grandpa, he saved me with some of the things you teach," she said, pointing at me.

"I see you know our customs. Please, come to our home and have some tea," the elderly man said.

So we walked down a few blocks until we reached the house of the Chings. I was welcomed in, and I was offered some tea, which I greatly accepted.

"So, Master Ching, do you know where the Martial Arts qualifying are taking place?" I asked him.

"Well there is no qualifying. We have a series of tests and the best join the team," he said to me. I nodded. "But with your ability, you should be number one."

"Do you know the coach?" I asked him.

"I am the coach," he told me.

So now, my job was down as I was taken under the wing of Master Ching.

The test came a few weeks later, and after performing perfectly, out of the pool of 100, I was one of the five. The news took note of this, but when they found out that I had lived in Sacramento, the news spread like wildfire. It was months away, and I was gaining popularly across Sactown and the state of California. The press even gave me a nickname: Dragon, Fists of Fury. And since I liked it so much, I decided to keep the nickname.

It was June 30th, and that night I flew to Austin, Texas. I would arrive on the early morning of July 1st with the rest of the team.

I hoped that all of my teammates were here…