Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Memiors of an Amiercan Gundam Pilot ❯ 8 Seconds of Bragging Rights ( Chapter 41 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I don't own anything in here, except my own character. Everything and everyone else is owned by their respected owners.

To see the whole entire fanfiction series, visit www.gundamwing-gofightwin.web1000.com. (Note that this fanfic series won't be on the page, but all of the rest of the fanfics will be there, from the original Gundam Wing - Go, Fight, Win to the recently written Preventer's Core. Plus, you'll find side stories, songfics, and a bio of all the characters.)

Chapter Forty: 8 Seconds of Bragging Rights

We were all pissed off from our rival's so-called "coming out party." Each group told their story of their rivalry and why we hated them so much. We all agreed that tonight we whip their sorry asses back to the Stone Age.

I exchanged intel about my rival and Niki shared a bit with me since we were going to be in different competitions.

"She's a troublemaker, so watch your back Niki. She thinks she better than everyone else," I growled, walking towards our rooms.

"Well Charlie thinks he's 'God's Gift to Women,'" she snarled, "which is sure as hell ain't true. He's more like the 'Devil's Gift to Women.'"

We all make it to our rooms, changed into something more comfortable. I was wearing my shirt, jeans, and my trademark Air Force Ones. When we reached the lobby, a lady gave us all authentic cowboy hats.

We went to this restaurant in downtown Austin that was famous for its weekly bull riding contests; the main dining hall was full of people from all the countries in the world. We were seated, and then we ordered some drinks and waited for the chickens to come home.

Then a person came on stage, tapped on the microphone, and said, "Testing, 1, 2, 3, my name is tie shoe man." After a few seconds, everyone's eyes in the building shifted to the person and the place went dead. The announcer looked shyly as he cleared his throat, brought the mic up to him, and said, "My real name is Bob Howdy."

"Howdy!" everyone said.

"No really, my last name is Howdy," he said.

"Howdy!" everyone shouted again.

At this point, he had enough, and he stomped off the stage. Every person was still quiet expect for Jason, and he was laughing his head off again.

Then the real announcer came on and said, "Howdy folks! That was our comedian, Bob Howdy. So, how are you all tonight?"

"Good," replied one group. Others responded in the same or similar way.

"Anyway, for tonight: since Texas is hosting this year's Olympics and some of ya'll are staying at the Village, we thought you enjoy some Texan festivals from bull riding to square dancing. We also got eat'n contests, which is my personal favorite, and of all else, good old BBQ ribs. So let's get down to ho down," the announcer said as they started to play "Good Bye Earl" by the Dixie Chicks. We were still sitting at our table waiting for the chickens.

All of the sudden, the lights flashed off and six figures came onto the stage with mics in their hands. Then they started to sing, and from that first pitch, they were horrible as hell!!! Everyone was running for cover, covering their ears from the nasty singing.

"I think the cows ain't gonna come home because these nutcases decided to show up," I yelled covering my ears.

"Even dogs can sing better than that!" Amy shouted.

"Will someone make them shut the hell up!" Savanna hollered.

"Will someone shoot them? For the love of god, turn it off," Trel shouted.

"Oh my freak'n ears!" Niki yelled.

Jason was hollering like a pack of wolves.

The announcer immediately pulled the plug and booted them off the stage. The crowd cheered in victory as we looked and laughed at their pissed-off looks on their faces.

We all walked towards our rivals and the standoff commenced.

"Looks like your Grammy run just died," I laughed.

"That was a Kodiak moment," Amy giggled.

"America's Funniest Home Videos… here I come," Jason said as he pretended to hold a video camera.

All six of them were on the ground with pure-blood red on their faces. They stood up quickly, dusted themselves off, and started to glare at us. Music started to play in the background.

"That was to get your attention Walker," Dixie growled.

"Trust me; it did," Savanna laughed.

"And the audiences! And the whole world!" Jason added.

"Shut up Storm!" shouted Mark as his face became redder. Savanna and Jason laughed even harder and fell onto the floor.

"Enough with the jokes," Dixiesaid. "We're here to bull ride, you remember?"

"Fine by me; we're ready for you any day," I said. I walked over to the announcer, waved him down, and told him that we had a rivalry going on and that we wanted to settle it now. The announcer nodded and walked back onto the stage with a bull riding clown dressed Bob Howdy. Howdy had a little car horn; when he squeezed it, a bull sound erupted and everyone's attention went back onto the stage.

Ted, the announcer's name, said, "It seems we're going to start the bull riding a bit early. This gentlemen here," as light appeared over a smirking me with my arms crossed, "said that his team," as a light appeared on my team, "have a grudge on those singers that were up here awhile ago," as the light shined on the rivals, "and they want to settle the score now. So, let's bring out the mechanical bulls, shall we?"

He snapped his fingers and two mechanical bulls were pushed out. The announcer came off the stage and went to the bulls. Our team was near one bull, and the others next to the other one. Each side was staring at each other with fire in all of our eyes.

"The rules are simple: last one to stay on wins. One person from each team will mount the bull, and the first one to fall loses. There will be six rounds," Ted said before Jason whispered to him. Ted immediately had a smirk on his face.

"Excuse me, make that five rounds, and we'll be holdin' a rib eat'n contest too," he said. The crowd cheered on excitedly. "Now, Jason Storm is going to do the ribs while his teammates ride the bull. Now the question is: Jason, who will be your opponent?" Mark was the first one to step up.

"Is this big one good for you?" he asked.

Jason nodded and sang, "I want my baby back, baby back, baby back, baby back ribs," with a smirk.

The two were escorted to a table near the bulls and waiters delivered piles of Baby Back Ribs. Jason started to hum the Jaws theme. The bell rang, and two went to work; we looked away quickly disgusted.

Dixie and I were the first ones up. We both mounted the bull, and then the horn went off sending the bulls flying in all directions. Dixiewas screaming her head off as she hanged on for dear life. I was doing 360s bouncing up and down without flinching. I didn't know how long I was on, and then I saw Dixie fly off & hit the stage like a stack of potatoes. She got up holding her dizzy head as I dismounted gracefully and took a bow. The crowd was into it, and I heard Jason yell with a stuffed mouth, "Go Matthew!" I ran up to him and gave him a pat on the back and took 2 ribs, one from each plate, for myself. Mark glared at me, and I backed off quickly.

Amy was on next. She had a boost of confidence, and she was up against Dana. The horn sounded and the bulls went back to work. Dana was holding onto the bull with two hands while Amy was fearless as she held it with one hand then she took off her hat and waved. Dana was also thrown off and she impacted with Dixie and both of them ended up on the ground. Amy was dancing around and taking bows, throwing her hat up in the air and catching it with one hand. She also checked up on Jason.

Savanna was paired up with Triexe; they mounted and off they went. It was a close race until both bulls went crazy sending Triexe flying into a table, but Savanna flipped off of it and took a bow as the crowd was cheering for more. She also checked up on Jason as the bulls were being fixed.

Trel was up next against Alex, who was laughing like a snob; and boy, she hated it. The bulls went again and Alex was also holding on to dear life. Trel was doing perfectly; in fact, he was doing one-handers and even no-handers, and the crowd cheered on after she dismounted and waited for Niki.

But Niki had to wait for Charlie because he was hitting on the women; he finally came over and winked at her, and she just rolled her eyes. The bull started up again, and he had a difficult time just holding on even with two hands, but Niki handled it to perfection. Charlie was kicked off first, and his pants caught the bull's horn, ripping it in two. When he got up, he only had his boxers on and he sprinted to the bathroom like a jackrabbit. She laughed at Charlie's embarrassment as she made her way towards Jason.

Now everyone had gathered around Jason who was eating like he's never eaten before. He paused for a second and we all thought he was going to blow up. We all begged him not to blow, and then he belched and said, "That's better," before going back to tearing.

Mark passed out on the floor halfway through the fifth plate while Jason was already on 25 plates worth of ribs and was still looking strong. When he finished up the 30th plate, the bell rang. Jason stood up, with BBQ sauce all over him, took a bow, and belched, "Thank you."

Our rivals retreated early, leaving us to bask in our glory…