Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Memiors of an Amiercan Gundam Pilot ❯ One Duel I’ve Never Thought I Would Be In ( Chapter 57 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I don't own anything in here, except my own character. Everything and everyone else is owned by their respected owners.

To see the whole entire fanfiction series, visit www.gundamwing-gofightwin.web1000.com. (Note that this fanfic series won't be on the page, but all of the rest of the fanfics will be there, from the original Gundam Wing - Go, Fight, Win to the recently written Preventer's Core. Plus, you'll find side stories, songfics, and a bio of all the characters.)

Chapter Fifty-six: One Duel I've Never Thought I Would Be In

I couldn't believe who I was up against: the Tallgeese piloted by my love and the pacifist leader of the world. I was trying to keep up with her shots and dodging every single one.

It was a pattern that a battle was occurring in each city between Austin and Dallas. According to our position, we where the most far away from Austin in the city of Waco, home to that famous standoff in the 90s. History was coming towards us.

'Shit, she's matching me move for move and she's getting faster every second,' I said to myself as I defended myself, then took offense and came back with my own attack. Then she fired the Mega Cannon, which barely missed my Gundam by feet.

"God fucking damn it Relena! You could have killed me!" I yelled at her. Her innocent eyes where now blood-shot, fiery red. She was filled with rage and anger, and the DG cells where slowly taking over her body. The Tallgeese gained more speed and I couldn't counteract.

Then a flashback came to me from the last episodes of G Gundam with Domon and Rain in the Dark Gundam. I remembered that instead of fighting Domon tried to talk to her and so forth. I hoped that I would do the same here. So I got out of my Gundam with its hands up, and she pushed the beam saber close enough for me to feel the intense heat from it; it stopped for a few inches away from me, but I never flinched.

"Relena," I said quietly, "if you can hear me, I hope, if I did something wrong…I'm very sorry," as I looked at the ground. She had a shocked look on her face and she withdrew the beam saber.

"You have to fight it Relena! Fight the fucking DG cells!" I yelled at her. It had looked like the Tallgeese was struggling with itself. Then its cockpit opened and she ran towards me and the wires inside tried to pull her back in.

"Oh no you don't!" I yelled as I pulled her into the cockpit and secured it. Then I pulled out my Burning Finger and destroyed the head before I took out the Tallgeese III for good.

When it was all said and done, I felt her sobbing and shaking. I would have felt the same.

"Matthew…it was those awful cells. That man…he was evil," she said to me.

I calmed her down as I landed in a small field. I took her to a soft part of the field. When I looked up I saw the famous Waco Compound. Then I laid her down and said to her, "It's OK…I'm here for you now."

I was lying with her and both of us where consoling each other. I knew that she was shaken up and I was too…then she fell asleep. I gave her a kiss on the cheek before I took off to fight whoever harmed her. I think she knew where I went so that when we woke up there would be no surprises on where I was.

For a moment there I thought I had lost her, but now I have her back…