Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Hell's Angel, Heaven's Demon ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hell's Angel, Heaven's Demon

Chapter 1

< Seven Years Later >

"'Monster!"

"Demon!"

"We don't want you here!"

"Ugly!"

"You should just die!"

Ami sighed as she heard the kids again. She knew that leaving little Duo in the day care. Everyone kept trying to hit him, except a few of them. But Duo always stood his ground. She got up and walked outside. It was the same everyday. She walked towards the circle of children, surrounding the person in the center.

"What have I told you children? Don't do this!" Ami said getting their attention. The children backed away and went off to where they were before. She kneeled down to Duo's level and checked him over. He was just suffering some cuts that could be healed quickly. None were fatal.

"Are you okay, Duo?" she asked in concerned. No matter if the child is an abomination, she liked him. He was different. He always did his best to help out anyone no matter if they didn't want it or not. He always has a smile on his face that she couldn't help but smile herself.

"I'm okay Mizuno-san. Maybe I could help you with anything?" Duo said looking at her with those blue-violet irises. Ami smiled.

"Don't worry Duo, I'm okay. I think you should head back home now. I don't wish for them to hurt you again when I go back to my office. And Duo, it's Ami-chan okay?"

"Okay… Ami-chan," he said a bit hesitantly as he said that. Last time he called her that he got beaten up on the streets. They told him he didn't deserve that type of privilege. He got up and waved at her as he smiled and left.

Michiru sighed as she saw Duo run into his room and locked it. It happened everyday. Duo would be at the daycare then he'd run home and then cry until one of them made him feel better. But they didn't mind. Looks like the others would be in late so it's her job. She stood and knocked on his door.

"Duo, is everything alright?" she asked concerned.

"Yeah…" Duo answered softly.

"Duo, you can't lie to me. Open up and tell me what's wrong." She heard the lock click on the other side. She opened the door and shut it after she entered. She saw him curled up in a ball sobbing as quietly as possible. She sighed. Michiru walked over and sat on the bed beside him. She placed a hand over his shoulder making him look in her direction with the sad blue-violet gaze.

"It's those kids again, isn't it?" she said.

"They called me a monster and a demon," Duo said trying hard to keep from crying.

"Duo, they just don't understand like the four of us do. They just don't know how to accept change."

"They told me I should die. Maybe I should so you and mama and auntie Ruka and Suna don't have to suffer because of me."

"Don't say that! Duo you know we'd do everything we can for you. I don't want you to think like that. Your mother didn't abandon you because she didn't want to lose you. If you die you'd just be hurting her. Honey, show me your wings."

Duo sniffed and sat on his knees. He the let out his wings. But instead of the white or other bright color they were black with tints of dark violet when shone in the light. He gasped as he felt a hand stroke his wings. He looked to see his Auntie Michiru smiling and running her hands in a stroking motion as she pulled him to sit on her lap.

"You're not a demon. They don't feel like leather, they're soft and feathery, just like an angel's. They aren't ugly and neither are you. Yours are unique. Your mother and us like unique things. I'm sure there are others out there who also think they're pretty. You know I was jealous when I first saw your wings, little one. I was jealous because you had a nice color shade of wings. I always wanted wings the color of your mother's hair."

"You were?" Duo said looking up at her with red eyes, curiously.

"Yes. See, they are beautiful and so are you, just like your mother except for this ridiculous braid that you keep." She said twirling the small rope braid around her finger.

"I happen to like it, so does mama." Soon, a pair of hands blocked his sight. He tried to take them off but he wasn't strong enough.

"Guess who my little hellion." The person said in a teasing voice.

"Auntie Ruka!" The boy exclaimed and turned around to be picked up and placed on the shoulder of his aunt. Haruka laughed. Michiru smiled as she figured Duo forgot about the whole incident today and will be reminded tomorrow.

"Where's 'Taru? Still working?" Michiru asked.

"Yeah. Serenity had to talk to her about something," Haruka answered, "So, my little hellion, none of those kids did anything to you did they?" she asked.

"They just threw rocks at me and called me a demon. That's it Auntie Ruka," Duo answered looking like he was thinking about it. Haruka sighed. She is so talking Hotaru out of leaving him at the daycare. But first things first, she had to cheer up the little hellion.

"C'mon, my little hellion what do you say to some ice cream?"

"Alright!" Duo yelled out ecstatically. He was about to retract his wings but Haruka stopped him.

"Leave 'em out. I like them like that." She said.

"But what about the other people, Auntie Ruka?"

"If they make one move on you I'm going to take care of it okay?"

"Okay. Is Auntie Hiru coming?" Haruka looked over at her lover.

"You comin'?" she asked as if she didn't want her to. Michiru looked in mock hurt.

"Of course. I couldn't leave both you children out there. Who knows what you might do," Michiru said standing up and walking out with them trailing behind.

"Children?!" Haruka fumed. Duo laughed.

"How dare she call me a child."

Michiru laughed along with Duo. The trio talked for a time. They received looks from the people walking the streets. Every time Duo flinched in Haruka's arms she would glare at the passerby that scared the little hellion making them scurry away. She smirked at her accomplishment. They continued their trek to the ice cream shop.

* * *

Hotaru sighed. It was so hard trying to keep peace with the seer always speaking bad things about her son. But thanks to Serenity who held be back from barbecuing his butt to hell. Setsuna was willing to help. But she wasn't there at the moment. She was with the other council angels to discuss treaty among the demons. Hotaru wished she could be there. She missed…

A knock stopped her train of thinking.

"Come in."

Serenity peaked from the partially opened door and then stepped it, careful not to let her blond hair get caught.

"'Taru, are you doing okay? I'm very sorry about him. He's just upset that his daughter was killed by demons. Anything that has demon blood in them he considers evil," Serena said.

"Ah, I understand. But I can't help it because it wasn't Duo's fault. Duo wasn't even alive when the war was still going on. I understand his pain but I don't see why he has to endure all this hate from everyone. I'm doing my best but I don't know how much he could take."

A knock interrupted them. Serena saw her son, Heero, through the open door.

"Mom, dad wants you," he said rather monotone. Serena sighed. No matter how much she tried she can't get him to be like his sister Rini. (shudders)

"I'll be there. Well, I hope everything goes well from now on, ne 'Taru?" she smiled before beginning to leave.

"Yeah, I do to. Sere," Hotaru called after her before she left, "We were wondering if you and your family would like to go to our place for dinner. Ruka has been nuts that she can't see you around no more."

"Is the little hellion going to be there? I really haven't seen him since he was just three."

"Yes he is. But if you don't see him just go to his room. He's sometimes not great with company."

"Okay, then we'll be there. I can't wait to see the five of us together again. I really miss the others."

"I'll tell them. Don't worry I'm sure you'll be surprised."

Serena gave her a questioning look. Hotaru just smiled back. She then left to go find her husband and ask what he wanted. Hotaru soon followed out and went back to her place. She needed to give the answer.

* * *

Back at the ice cream shop, the three of them were getting stares. They didn't mind it but Haruka was about to throw them each a punch. Of course what pissed her off even more was when the manager came.

"Excuse me miss, but you three are scaring off the customers. I'm going to have to ask you and him," he spat out 'him' as if it were disgusting, "to go."

"Good, I wouldn't want to come this third-rate shop anyways. Humans are much better. Let's go guys. Come on my little hellion. We're going to take you on a road trip." Haruka said standing.

"How many asked us to leave?" she asked the manager.

"Everyone. Now please make it quick, I can't stand abominations any longer." He said. He was so going to get it. Haruka readied her fist and punched. You could hear a bone crack. She glared down at the knocked out manager.

"On behalf of me." she said before walking out with Michiru who had Duo in her arms.

They walked all the way back to the house.

"Mommy!" Duo cried as he flew out of Michiru's arms and into Hotaru's. Hotaru embraced him.

"So where were you?" she asked.

"We were at the ice cream shop. But then the guy pissed Auntie Ruka off and then we left," Duo answered.

"Oh really? Well then Auntie Ruka should watch her temper then huh?" she said smiling at Duo before sending a glare at Haruka's direction. Haruka raised her hand in defense.

"It's not my fault! He…" Haruka began but stopped. Hotaru understood perfectly.

"Yes, I know. But that doesn't give you an excuse to punch him."

"He pissed me off."

"I'll never get to you. Well, prepare, we're going to have guests."

~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$~$

Like it? Review!