Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ 30 Days of Drabble ❯ Day 3: Quietus ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Mwahahahaha! Haahahaaaa! And on the third day, I should get DEATH as the prompt! That's Duo, my friends. That's just too easy. So I shall acquiesce and go with one of the other definitions of quietus. [Rules for this challenge are in chapter one.]

Day: 3
Date: February 12, 2010
Prompt: quietus /kwy-EE-tuhs/, noun:

1. Final discharge or acquittance, as from debt or obligation.
2. Removal from activity; rest; death.
3. Something that serves to suppress or quiet.
Fandom: Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
Characters: Wufei & Duo
Disclaimer: Bandai, Sotsu and Sunrise own Gundam Wing. I just use the characters for my own amusement and with any luck at all, your amusement as well.
Warnings: It's a bit limey but not at all lemony. Skip this chapter if you don't like.


Quietus

We've been here for hours and during those long, endless hours a certain someone has been nattering on. I'm not entirely sure he's stopped to take a breath. It doesn't seem like he's taken the time. Aside from the fact that I haven't had a single moment to get a word in, he's never felt the need to ever listen to a word I say. Oh, I'm sure he hears them; he just chooses to leave them up in the air and ignore the ones that refuse to float off into space. Blather, blather, blather. See what I mean? He's still going. It makes me wonder if there is anything I could possibly say or do to earn one iota of silence from him.

I nod and hum noncommittally, but only because he gestures to me like he's expecting some sort of response. When he manages to crack himself up, I smile in reaction. Smiling doesn't agree with me. I'm sure that I look much like a wounded dog. Doesn't he understand that I only respond to him in the hopes that at some point he'll finally shut up. Nope. Now, he seems to think that I've hurt myself. He moves in closer to prod my limbs, searching for the injury that has made me resemble, and I quote, "a yeti that's been stomped repeatedly by a Leo." Nice. Thanks a lot, man.

I shove his hands away, but that only frees them to latch onto my face, one hand on either side of my head. He peers into my eyes. Mind you, his mouth hasn't stopped flapping. Constantly yammering. My mind goes blank but the muttering, the blabbering, the yak, yak, yakking goes on and on. I'm not sure if it's been a second or several minutes, but when I resurface my focus is fixed on those continuously moving lips and a plan develops. It had the merits of possibly working. At the very least, it should get him far away from me. It was worth a try.

I lean in and seal those lips shut with my own. A second passes as he attempts to finish his thought and then he freezes.

Ah, there we have it. Blessed silence.

- End -


A/N 2: Alright, alright! It still ended up being about Duo. It just didn't have anything to do with his whole Shinigami aspect. If it helps, the main character is Wufei so I didn't completely lie in the first note. I suppose it could be Heero, but it just seems a bit too eloquent for him.

Also, I'm not so good with kissing scenes, so please be kind. I couldn't avoid it in this case as this was the scene that the prompt brought to mind. Stupid prompt.