Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ 30 Days of Drabble ❯ Day 5: Yellow ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Just wanna say I'm getting sick of all the Valentine's Day related words Dictionary(dot)com! Seriously? It is now Valentine's Day. You can stop. Thank you. [Rules for this challenge are in chapter one.]

Day: 5
Date: February 14, 2010
Prompt: billet-doux /bil-ay-DOO/, noun: A love letter or note.
Fandom: Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
Character: Duo
Disclaimer: Bandai, Sotsu and Sunrise own Gundam Wing. I just use the characters for my own amusement and with any luck at all, your amusement as well.

Warnings: shounen-ai, fluff (and I don't think I've ever labeled anything "fluff" before.)


Yellow

Love letters had to be one of the most cowardly ways of going about admitting your feelings to a person. Metaphorically hiding behind paper and then physically hiding behind the safety of a good solid wall while observing the recipient's reaction to the letter had to be the most gutless thing he'd ever done. And the worse part of the whole matter was that he knew that by taking the chicken's way out, he had sentenced himself to rejection. That was alright, he supposed. He didn't really expect a positive answer; it was just something that he needed to get out in the open, off his chest. He had to say it even if he couldn't say it aloud and even if by saying it he cursed it to failure.

But back to observing. The envelope had been opened and set aside, contents perused and then its receiver gave the area a visual sweep. He should have ducked fully behind the wall, he really should have, but he froze, all limbs going stiff all at once. A fluttering panic trembled up from the bottom of his stomach as those eyes kept combing the room, searching for their victim. He tried to push back the panic and resume hiding, he really did but it was too late, that glare promising death found its goal and latched on with ferocity.

"Maxwell," Wufei grit out, stalking to the still rigid figure at the edge of the hangar, "What is the meaning of this?"

- End -