Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ 30 Days of Drabble ❯ Day 6: See Spot Swim ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
To: Dictionary(dot)com
Re: Word of the Day Choice

Thank you.

Love,
Ladycrystalite

P.S. [Rules for this challenge are in chapter one.]
P.S. (deux) If you don't get the joke above, please read the A/N from the last chapter and possibly ALL of Brian Clevenger's 8-Bit Theater (and his update entries.)

Day: 6
Date: February 15, 2010
Prompt: vivify /VIV-uh-fy/, transitive verb: 1. To endue with life; to make alive; to animate. 2. To make more lively or intense.
Fandom: Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
Character: Heero
Disclaimer: Bandai, Sotsu and Sunrise own Gundam Wing. I just use the characters for my own amusement and with any luck at all, your amusement as well.

Warnings: Excessively cute and unusually fluffy (There! Now, I've done it twice.)


See Spot Swim

It just floated in the middle of the bowl like a dead fish. Okay, not like a dead fish as it was a fish of the living variety. Still, it didn't do anything but hover aimlessly in the center of its little world.

Heero peered into the bowl, face close enough that his nose touched the glass. He squinted, gave it a single tap with his index finger and then waited. Nothing. He tried a double tap and then a quadruple. Again, there was no response. He was sure that tapping on the glass would agitate the little guy and yet, it seemed to not care at all.

Slightly frustrated and a bit offended that he couldn't muster a reaction out of his new pet, he stood up, crossed his arms and set his mind to figuring out a way to make it move.

A hand snaked around from behind him, opening over the top of the aquarium. Spot immediately sprang into action, darting to the surface and then around in an unclear pattern. Heero felt his jaw drop to the floor.

"Y'know, Yuy," came an all too familiar voice as a hand patted him on the shoulder. "Fish are like Maxwells, if you want them to move, just show them the food."

- End -