Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Bohemian Rhapsady ❯ Movement Thirteen ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Bohemian Rhapsody

By Devon Masterson

Movement Thirteen

Aoi37@hotmail.com

"Greet me with the eyes of a child…"

Victoria sat at her desk going over some paper work when an in house call came through on the vid phone. "Yes, Dr. Po," she said slightly unnerved at the amount of paperwork that she had. Her being out sick had occurred a month ago and she was still catching up on work from the week she was out plus her normal work load.

"Colonel Barton," Sally said formally. "You have been avoiding me. I need you to come down to my office for a check up or I will declare that you are unfit for duty."

A chestnut eyebrow raised in indignation. She did not have time for check ups. She needed to get as much paperwork done as possible for efficiency sake and for personal reasons. Her first wedding anniversary was in a three days and she did not want to be thinking of work while they spent the weekend with Trowa. "Doctor, is this really necessary now."

"Surely you wouldn't go back on your own orders about maintaining a healthy organization?" Sally asked.

"I will be down in thirty minutes," she answered then hung up. It was safe to say that she was annoyed beyond belief. At least she would get a little further before she went to her annual check up. She wished to high heaven that she had went to see Sally when she got back from sick leave. It could have all been taken care of then and she could finish up the paper work that she needed.

~

Sally looked up from her test results and smiled. "Just as I suspected," she remarked looking at her patient. "You are as healthy as always…"

"I figured that," Victoria commented rolling her eyes. Now she would not have to be bothered by it for another year.

"… and in your first trimester," Sally finished.

"I'm pregnant!?" she asked. Sally nodded and smiled. Victoria took a deep breath to process the information. She had to think with a clear head. "What did you mean as you suspected?"

"Everyone that got sick had a fever as well as problems keeping food down. They also stayed out two weeks. You stayed out only a week and Trowa told me that you had no fever. I've also noticed that you've been a looking a bit peeked from time to time over the past month," Sally answered. "The test results confirmed it. You and Trowa are going to be a mommy and daddy."

A smile of delight crossed her face. She knew that he wanted to have a family some day and hinted it couple of times to her. Now she had a real gift to give him on their anniversary. "I would appreciate it if you didn't tell Trowa," she commented as she stepped off the examination table. "I want to surprise him."

Sally nodded her head in understanding. "He seems like he would be good with children. He's going to enjoy the surprise, but you won't be able to pull it off if you keep glowing like that."

Victoria blushed as she got sight of her reflection in the infirmary mirror. She was glowing. She would have to look just as agitated as she left the infirmary as she did when she came there if she hoped to surprise him. "Thank you for the advice, Sally." Her expression went back to normal and she left the office. This would be one weekend neither one of them would ever forget.

%%%

Trowa walked into Victoria's office a few days later. She had been acting a little odd the last couple of days, but he assumed that she was excited about the weekend the way he was. A year of matrimony had passed and he was till just as happy as when they got married. The year was not perfect however, they did have some troubles adjusting to being in each other's space constantly, but they talked through things and were able to get through their ordeals. Now a year had passed. It was time to start a family. He always wanted children of his own. He wanted to give them a stable family life something he never had. He knew Victoria would make an excellent mother and that their children would be a handful from the stories he heard from the Countess about Victoria as a child. A smile flittered across his face for a moment then disappeared as he remembered what he had to discuss with her.

"Is there something wrong?" she asked as he sat in the chair in front of her.

"The head of security of Lowe Industries has requested that we send our best agent to accompany Odin Lowe the second as he tours a few of his holdings on L-2 and attends a conference there."

"When do they need someone?" she asked.

"The agent would only be needed for twenty-four hours. His flight leaves tonight and he returns tomorrow afternoon," Trowa commented. "I don't trust just anyone with Heero's life. If Shinji is requesting our help, he must be concerned about something. And with everyone out on missions, I am the only choice."

Victoria frowned but knew he was right. There was no one to go, but she did not like the idea of him leaving out on a mission the day before their anniversary. "You're being selfish, Victoria. You and Trowa both do what you do to save and help people." Victoria stood and walked over to Trowa was sitting. She sat in his lap and kissed him deeply. "Dinner is at seven tomorrow. Don't be late. I have a surprise for you." She kissed him again then smiled seeing that the desired effect had been achieved.

Trowa smiled in anticipation then stood. "I'll be there, baby," he promised before leaving the room.

%%%

Heero and Trowa sat at the rezoning board meeting on colony 97NSU01. Heero had a project that he wanted to set up there. He managed to win over the residents with the promise of bringing new jobs into the area, but the board still needed a little more convincing before they made their final decision.

The two scanned the crowd instinctively as members of the board presented arguments. It was a natural habit after being in the interests of snipers from time to time in the war.

The day had gone through perfectly without any incident and Heero was starting to wonder why he let Shinji talk him into enlisting in the service of an extra guard. He was an ex-gundam pilot, a trained assassin, and terrorist. He should be guarding someone not the other way around. The whole idea was almost laughable. What surprised him even more was that Trowa was his escort to L-2. He knew that today was his and Victoria's wedding anniversary, the date was imprinted into his heart. A strong sense of duty on both of their parts would be the only way he would show up and she would let him. The vindictive side of him took certain liberties on the trip by taking a little longer than usual. He knew it was wrong, but a part of him could not help it.

A glint suddenly caught his eye. He turned his head slightly and saw that Trowa noticed it as well. He guarded himself when he heard a shot from the opposite direction. "What he hell?" Trowa, seeing the other sniper as well, jumped on top of Heero to shield him. As the two hit the floor, the quiet room became one of chaos. People were screaming and running everywhere making it difficult for the situation to be contained. "Damn it, why didn't I see the other gun!" he mentally cursed himself. His mind quickly went to his friend. "Trowa," he said urgently. Trowa scrunched his face in pain as he moved off of Heero. "Oh god no Trowa," Heero said as he put his hand over the bullet wound in the silent man's side. "I need an ambulance."

Trowa shook his head. A look of sadness passed his face. "Tell Victoria that I'm sorry I lied. I won't be able to make it."

"Don't say that Trowa!" Heero said angrily. "You're going to be fine and the two of you will be happy."

"Take care of her for me," Trowa whispered as his eyes rolled to the back of his head.

"Trowa!" Heero called as he shook his friend. He could feel hot tears coming down his face. He was not going to let him go like this. They were supposed to die in the war alone not become dependent on each other and happy. They were not supposed to leave people behind. "You can't die! You can't leave her! I won't let you."

Medics finally arrived on the scene and Shinji tried to pull Heero away, but only managed to move him a foot. He watched as they started to work on Trowa then turned towards area where he had seen the gunmen. Come hell or high water, who ever was behind this would pay. He looked around trying to figure out how they could have gotten to the top when he saw a ladder scaling the side of a high wall. He quickly climbed to the top. He made it in time to see one of the snipers trying to exit from the opposite end. The man, catching sight of the angry man, snickered before starting down the ladder.

Heero rushed over to ladder and started down as well. The man broke into pursuit as he realized that Heero had not intentions of giving up. "I have to slow him down," he thought as they ran outside. Heero looked around and saw a brick from the renovation of the hall. His eyes narrowed as he looked at his object of distaste and threw the brick.

"Ah," the man called out as he fell to the ground grasping the back of his thigh. He tried to crawl away as Heero walked up to him.

"Who was with you?" he asked threateningly he was in no mood for shit. The man shook his head in ignorance and Heero pulled him to his feet. The man howled in pain. The brick had broken his thigh, but that was the least of what he deserved. "Tell me."

"Omega," the man choked out before passing out from the pain.

Heero dropped the man as though he were garbage. He growled lowly as he started back for the hall. As he opened the door, to look in on how the medics progressed with Trowa, he saw them place a sheet over his head. He stood there frozen. All five them had always planned to die in the war, but this was not the same. It was peace time. They had lives now. Trowa had a wife, someone who was waiting for him to get back. They were supposed to die to further their ideals not while trying to protect each other. This was not right. "How am I going to tell Victoria."

Father Figure by George Michael

© 2001 Devon Masterson

Another Bond Girl Production

I think we all know who belongs to who, Gundam Wing belongs to a whole bunch of rich influential people. I just do this for fun. Everybody knows med/grad school candidates don't have money so suing me if pointless.