Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Bohemian Rhapsady ❯ Movement Fourteen ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Bohemian Rhapsody

By Devon Masterson

Movement Fourteen

Aoi37@hotmail.com

"Heaven is a kiss and a smile…"

Victoria lit the last candle then stood back from the table proud of her handiwork. He would love it. She made all of his favorite foods. They would have chicken cordon bleu, quiche, asparagus, and chocolate covered strawberries. Everything was elegantly arranged on the table except the strawberries were still in the refrigerator. "Now all I need is my husband," she thought as she put on her lipstick. He should be here any minute.

She turned her head curiously when she heard the door chimes. She could not think of why any would want to visit her. She had made it abundantly clear that she did not want their weekend disturbed. This person definitely had it coming. She opened the door, determined to get rid of whoever it was quickly.

"Victoria," Heero said lowly. She looked beautiful in her short sleeveless red dress. Red was her color and she wore it well. He walked inside.

"Where's Trowa?" she asked instinctively as the soldier in her took over. "Something's wrong." She could feel her knees weakening as she started to work herself up over various scenarios.

"He was…he was shot, Victoria."

"Is he okay?" she asked.

"No. No, he isn't," Heero answered.

Victoria's eyes widened slightly as the weight of the news sunk in. She was finally happy and now her happiness had been ripped from her. "What happened?"

"A sniper took a shot at me and Trowa pushed me out of the way."

"I see," she said emotionless. "Must have been a sniper and a dummy for you not to notice. Who was responsible for it?"

Heero looked at her in concern. But answered her questions. "Omega," he growled. Again that same name was causing him more pain and now it was causing her pain. He would not allow that. After he was sure that she was okay, he going seek his revenge.

"I see."

"Victoria, Trowa is never coming back," Heero reiterated in order to get some emotion out of her. "Its okay to cry."

"I am well aware of that," she said coldly. Her eyes betrayed her. "I sent him on that mission and though routine we both knew the consequences of it."

"It was not your fault," Heero replied seeing the direction that she was going in.

"I wish to be by myself," she said softly.

Heero nodded and turned to leave. He had some business to attend to; he would get Shinji to keep an eye out for her. As he shut the door behind him, he heard a crash of glass. He bowed his head as he forced himself to leave and not rush in and hold her. He would have given anything for the bullet to kill him instead if it meant that she did not have to suffer the way she was. With Victoria's grief on top of his own, Trowa's death was unbearable.

Inside, Victoria fell to her knees. She had hoped her outburst would help her feel better, but it did not. All she could think of was the last time she saw him, when he was leaving the office. He promised that he would be there and now he was never coming back to her. Twice the man she loved had been taken from her. Treize was taken from her by war and Trowa was taken by another man's greed.

She stood to her feet and went to the vid phone. "Hello?" a familiar voice greeted.

"Niko, I need a favor."

%%%

Omega looked at his guards in annoyance. "He is bound to retaliate," he told them, "keep an eye out for anything funny." He picked up the file that he had received an hour ago. "He's an ex-gundam pilot he's liable to do anything and the one I did shoot was one of his pals."

"The gundam pilots are nothing without gundams," one of the guards commented. "I don't think we have anything to worry about. Peace time has made them cushy."

"Just do what I asked," Omega replied not caring about their comments. He was not stupid it was over confidence that nearly got him caught by Heero and over confidence that let him miss the chance when both men were momentarily off guard to take the shot. There was no doubt that the Preventers would get into his affairs as well. Already he had to dodge them while handling the activities of the Ocean Group; this added agitation was not needed as well. Fortunately the Preventers were bound by law and would not be able to carry out any obvious vindication out on him, but they could make his life difficult.

He sat at his desk in agitation and cut on the television. A smile of pride crossed his face as he saw late night news re-play of the footage at the conference. "A dramatic attempt on the life of billionaire, Odin Lowe the second resulted in the death of a Preventer. Details of who is responsible have not been disclosed at this time," the reporter relayed. "Mr. Lowe was asked to comment about the attempt but had no comment at this time." Heero's back flashed on the screen as he exited. Omega had to hand it to him. He was one the most known and least seen people in the system. It was almost like he was a ghost. "…or a demon. Regardless, I'm going to enjoy killing him."

Perhaps this incident would work in his advantage after all. He would teach him that he was in fact a force to be reckoned with and not some old man from his father's past to be ignored. "Come get me, Odin," he grinned as he laced his fingers together in anticipation.

"I'm afraid that he isn't coming so you'll have to settle on me instead," a voice said.

Omega turned around in shock and looked into the fiery eyes of Victoria. "Magnificent," he smirked as his eyes washed over her. She stood before him wearing a red short, sleeveless dress.

"You're a hard man to find," she said calmly pointing her gun at him. She had pulled a lot of strings and hacking to find him. She was not about to waste any time.

"To what do I owe the honor, Colonel?" he asked not taking his eyes of the beautiful and dangerous creature before him. "I must say the news footage and pictures do not even begin to do you justice. You're making an old man very happy."

"I believe a mending of situations is called for," she answered ignoring his come-ons. "You killed my husband and I've come to bid you the same token."

"Ah I see," he commented leaning back. "So you've come to kill me with that big gun of yours. Don't you think you're a bit out of your league? You have never been out in the field. You're a brain. I have four guards outside that door that would be more than happy to take you down, now that you are available and all."

Victoria narrowed her eyes. "You are not taking me seriously, Mr. Nokia," she said lowly as she pulled the trigger twice.

"Damn," he screamed out as a thin spike lodged into each his shoulders. He was pinned to his chair.

"I'm feeling vindictive, Mr. Nokia. My child won't know its father and you won't see another day."

"Guards," he screamed out. As four armed guards burst into the door, Victoria threw a large gas bomb. Dark billowy smoke engulfed the guards. Omega looked in horror as the smoke started to fill the side of the room they were in as well. He struggled painfully to get up, but could not move either of his shoulders a great distance.

"Go to hell, Mr. Nokia," she said as she threw a detonator in his lap exited the way she came.

Omega looked in fear as he watched the detonator count down. He had underestimated her. "Not like this," he screamed in annoyance as the counter reached zero.

Victoria kept walking forward as a fireball erupted from behind her. She didn't even bother to revel in vindication. She just wanted to get away. She did not even notice the silent Prussian-eyed figure, that had just arrived, watching her leave. All she knew was that Omega would not hurt anyone else.

%%%

A collection of people gathered in the cemetery to say one last good-bye to their friend and loved one. Victoria stood out amongst the crowd being that she was the only wearing red. He always loved her in red. She wanted him to see her one last time in it.

Catherine hugged Victoria as they lowered Trowa's coffin into the ground. Tears streamed down her eyes and she felt gentle arms wrap around her. The last of her family was gone and she did not get the chance to say good-bye.

Victoria remained a silent comforter for everyone as they left. The picture of strength that everyone seemed to need while they dealt with their loss. Heero did not let her facade fool him. He knew she was hurting just as much as anyone there, if not worse. He was just worried that she would break down trying to keep everyone from falling. He owed Trowa and her that much. He would stand on his own strength and be there for her. Trowa wanted that.

She dropped a red rose on top of the coffin. "Good-bye, sweetheart," she said lowly once she was alone. "There's so much we still had to do, but we were cut short. I wasn't even able to tell you your surprise. I'm pregnant. That's right sweetheart, I'm having a baby and you won't…even get to see..." her sentence trailed as tears started to stream down her face. She allowed the luxury of grief to consume her for a few moments then wiped her tears away. "I love you, sweetheart, I always will and at least you left me a reminder of you. Thank you, Trowa. It was a wonderful the time we had." She turned away from the plot and started up the gentle hill.

"Colonel Barton," President Michael said lowly, "if there is anything that I can do."

"Here is my resignation, President Michael," she answered handing him an envelope. "I have been a soldier most of my life and I'm tired."

The president looked downward. There was something more to the situation and he knew he would not be able to talk her out of it. "I'm sorry to lose you."

"Thank, you," she said then walked in the opposite direction of everyone else.

"Victoria," Heero called as he walked after her.

"I need to get away," she replied as she kept walking away. "I just need to be by myself for awhile and I don't want to talk about it."

Heero stopped walking and stared after as she walked away from him. He would give her some time then check on her. Pain weighed on his heart at not being able to comfort her. It was then that he realized that he still loved her.

Father Figure by George Michael

© 2001 Devon Masterson

Another Bond Girl Production

I think we all know who belongs to who, Gundam Wing belongs to a whole bunch of rich influential people. I just do this for fun. Everybody knows med/grad school candidates don't have money so suing me if pointless.