Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Bohemian Rhapsady ❯ Movement Sixteen ( Chapter 16 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Bohemian Rhapsody

By Devon Masterson

Movement Sixteen

Aoi37@hotmail.com

"I will be your father figure, put your tiny hand in mine…"

Victoria stood in the a crowded ballroom with figures dancing around her. She looked around disoriented for a moment then recognized the ballroom as the one where the Scarlet Ball was held. She started to move through the dancing couples, but every time she tried to move past them another couple would dance into her way. "What is this?" she asked in annoyance. She started to pat her side looking for her Derringer, she always carried it when she could not carry her usual side arm. She looked down for a second when she did not feel her gun. Her street clothes suddenly changed into a long, red evening gown with a high split on the side. The top of the gown wrapped around her neck in a halter fashion leaving a good portion of her back exposed.

It was a beautiful dress, but she did not have time to admire it. She needed get out of this situation. Against the precepts of being a lady, she extended her right leg and pulled back her dress. "Good." She was wearing her garter holster as normal. She was about to pull her gun out and take control of the situation when she felt familiar fingers gently run across her back. She turned around and looked into Trowa's emerald eyes. "Trowa," she said softly as her eyes started to water.

"Have you been waiting long?" he asked in concern as he touched her face.

Victoria hugged him. "I missed you so much."

He held her gently. "I'm sorry if I made you worry, but I'm here now." He kissed her forehead. "Everything is all right now, baby."

Victoria looked up at him. "I have something to tell you."

"What?" he asked curiously.

"I'm pregnant," she answered.

Trowa smiled. "You're having my baby. That's…" his sentence trailed as loud thunder clapped. Trowa's eyes turned from joy to a look of pain as he grabbed his side.

"No," Victoria said in disbelief as she looked past him and saw Omega lowering his smoking gun. He had a sneer of satisfaction as he watched his target slide to the floor in front of her. In her grief and anger, she pulled her gun from her holster and fired. Omega's body danced horrifically as she unloaded the clip into him. She dropped the gun and fell to her knees beside her husband. "You promised you would never leave me," she cried as she rocked him back and forth. She felt someone grab her suddenly.

"Madame Barton, wake up," Madame said shaking the young woman.

Victoria blinked and realized that she was outside in the garden. She looked down in her arms. Her eyes widened in shock and let the pumpkin, she had been holding onto for dear life moments ago, roll from her embrace.

"What happened?" she asked as she stood.

"You walked outside and started shooting the scarecrow in the garden," Madame informed her. Victoria looked towards the `slain' scarecrow and her cheeks reddened. The scarecrow was full of holes and hay was strewn about. Madame looked at her sternly. "I think we should talk, cherie, keeping everything inside is not good for your baby."

Victoria's attention turned back to the older woman. "How did you know I was pregnant?"

"You talk in your sleep, cherie," Madame answered. "I've also been around quite a few years longer than you. I know a woman in the early stages in pregnancy when I see one. You're just starting to show."

Victoria's hand went to her abdomen. It was quite firm and was bulging out slightly. To the regular observer, it would just look like she had a small pooch, but she was nearly three months along. "Staying here was not a good idea."

"Cherie, you should stay. Someone needs to look after you," the woman pleaded. "You won't be able to stay by yourself when you get farther into your pregnancy and with what happened…"

"That's why she is staying with me," Heero broke in making his presence known.

"What are you doing here, Heero?" Victoria asked.

"Looking for you," he answered.

Madame looked at the young man curiously then at Victoria. It was obvious that the dark-haired man cared about her and he looked just as stubborn as she was. Perhaps she would get the care that she needed from the young man. She would leave them alone.

Victoria waited until Madame was inside before she commented. "I want to be alone."

"You can be alone in your room at my home," he replied uncompromisingly.

"I don't need someone looking after me," she snapped. "I can take care of myself."

"Victoria, you unloaded a full clip into a garden decoration," Heero pointed out.

She narrowed her eyes. "He would have to bring that up." She walked over to the scarecrow and picked up her gun. "I was having a catharsis."

"You were having a break down."

"And what do you care if I am, Heero?" she asked agitated. "I don't need you meddling in my affairs. If I recall correctly, you never really gave a damn about my feelings."

Heero flinched inwardly at her words but remained cold. He would do whatever it took to get her to come with him peacefully. "I owe Trowa," he answered keeping his own feelings at bay. "He asked me to take care of you."

Her eyes widened and nearly threatened tears. She was having strange sense of dejá vú. "Fine," she said softly. "I will get my things." She walked past him.

Heero walked after and waited in the foyer for her. He debated whether or not he should accompany her. She had always been notoriously clever and he found her agreement in coming with him happening to easily. He would give her ten minutes then he would go after her.

"Are you a family member?" Madame asked. She had been watching the young man for quite sometime now.

"Just a friend," he answered. He was not in the mood to start talking about himself right then. He was here for Victoria.

"She is going to need one," she commented. "I was wondering because of the way you look at her like she is the most important person to you."

"She is," he said simply.

Madame looked at the young man closely then remembered a piece of a conversation that she had with Trowa several years ago.

"…he's more intense than me. Sometimes I feel like he understands me better than Quatre. We're all kindred spirits…"

This cold creature in front of her was one of the friends that Trowa always told her about. They really were a lot a like in many ways except this cobalt eyed man seemed so unapproachable. He was always on guard. The only time she sensed some warmth from him was when he looked at Victoria. "It must be hard to be in love with the same woman as one of your best friends. The guilt you must feel."

Heero looked at her coldly. He did not like strange people reading him. It was apparent that Trowa had told her something about him for her to even assume that Trowa was his friend and not just Victoria's. "Hmm," he said simply choosing to ignore the comment. The older woman seemed like that type who was very observant and fed off little bits of information. The less he said the less she would know.

"I'm ready," Victoria said softly as she brought down a mid-sized bag. Heero walked over to her, took the bag from her then took her hand. Victoria looked at him strangely but let him lead her to his car. There would be plenty of time to give him hell later.

%%%

"Michael-san," Shinji greeted as he walked down the stairs.

"Shinji," Serena replied. "How are you?"

"I'm fine, Michael-san," he answered. "And you?"

"I'm fine at least I will be as soon as I find my son." Serena looked around. "Where is Oji-chan? Is he working the study?"

"Odin-sama had some business to attend to and will be back tomorrow," Shinji replied.

"He has business and you're not shadowing him somewhere?" she asked raising an eyebrow.

"He wanted me to stay here," Shinji commented, "and given the sensitivity of the manner. I followed his wishes."

"Where is he, Shinji? What could he be possibly doing that he wouldn't want you a long."

"He's in Paris, Michael-san. I believe it has something to do with the Barton-san. He has been trying to get contact with her for quite some time."

Serena's eyes narrowed at the thought of her son gallivanting in Paris with that woman. "Hmm." She was displeased by this. She had hoped to steer him towards better prospects, but she would not be able to do that with him associating with her. Her mind was still reeling from the funeral. The woman never once shed a tear while others mourned the loss of Trowa and she had the audacity to wear red. Red was the color of the harlot which is what she showed herself to truly be that day. Serena refused to have this go on any longer. "I had hoped to visit with him for awhile, but my husband and I have a plane to catch this afternoon. Tell my son that I will stop by again." She then walked away angrily.

Shinji watched as his former mistress left. He raised an eyebrow in curiosity as her response. He would have to remember to tell Odin-sama about the exchange later. Perhaps he could make heads or tails of his mother's behavior.

Father Figure by George Michael

© 2001 Devon Masterson

Another Bond Girl Production

I think we all know who belongs to who, Gundam Wing belongs to a whole bunch of rich influential people. I just do this for fun. Everybody knows med/grad school candidates don't have money so suing me if pointless.