Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Bohemian Rhapsady ❯ Movement Seventeen ( Chapter 17 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Bohemian Rhapsody

By Devon Masterson

Movement Seventeen

Aoi37@hotmail.com

"I will be your preacher teacher, anything you have in mind…"

Victoria sat in the garden sketching in her picture diary. She never kept a conventional journal. She always felt that her experiences went beyond words.

She closed her book a few moments later and took a deep breath. The garden she was in was breath taking. It was a traditional Japanese garden with koi pond including the quaint little bridge overlooking it. The only thing out of the ordinary was that the garden was located in the center of a garden maze. She was resting under a sakura tree in the very center.

"How are you feeling?" Heero asked as he walked up.

"Bloated," she answered rubbing her swollen abdomen.

"Aki told me to bring you this. She said it would help soothe you," he commented as he handed her a cup and saucer.

Victoria looked at him gratefully. "I'll tell her thank you when I go inside." She took a sip of the herbal tea and leaned back in contentment. "You don't have to stand over me, Heero."

He smirked and sat down beside her. He felt slightly nervous around her for several reasons one of which being her condition. It seemed as though he was only aware of the being inside her body. "What did the doctor say this morning?"

"I'm having a girl," she commented. She had been eager to tell someone, but no one asked until now.

Heero looked at her in surprise. There was a little girl inside of her. She would probably look just like her mother. A little girl, Trowa's little girl. Before he realized it, his hand moved to her stomach, just in time for a kick. "She kicked me," he said in disbelief.

"She does it to me all the time," she smirked. She watched Heero as he rubbed her tummy, trying to communicate with the baby in his own way.

"Ahem," a voice said clearing her throat. The two looked up and saw Serena. "Am I interrupting something?"

Heero blushed slightly and stood. "How are you mother?" he asked cordially. He knew she was miffed from her last visit. It was advantageous that he give her more attention than usual.

"Your mother?" Victoria asked.

Heero looked at her strangely then nodded in understanding. She had never actually seen the two of them together and he was not the most talkative of people. "Victoria, this is my mother, Serena Michael."

"We've met haven't we Mrs. Michael?"

"Yes we have," Serena answered. "Oji-chan, Shinji wanted to discuss something with you."

Heero nodded then looked towards Victoria, indicating that he would be back to check on her. He kissed his mother on the cheek then went inside to see what Shinji wanted.

Victoria stood up gingerly knowing that the tension that now hung in the air was only a prelude to something else. She looked at the cobalt-eyed blond that stared at her with unfounded animosity. "Is there a problem, Mrs. Michael?" she opened. She was never one to tiptoe around a subject and there was no such thing as tact in a situation like this.

"As a matter of fact, Colonel Barton, there is," she answered, "I don't like you associating with my son."

Brown eyes widened in shock then narrowed. "Mrs. Michael, your son is a grown man and is more than capable of choosing his social associates."

"Let me be more clear," Serena commented, "I do not want Odin socializing with some harlot that does not even have the decency to respect her husband at his own funeral and is ready to move in on him before her husband's body is even cold."

"How dare you?" she asked lowly as she slapped Serena. She could feel her control starting to slip. "I loved my husband and I would never…" her sentence trailed as her voice cracked, "disrespect him. He loved to see me in red it was his favorite color. I don`t care what you think of me but if you ever accuse me of being a harlot again, I will drop you off a cliff and shoot you and I will not think about it twice." Victoria stormed past her. She would not stay there another minute.

Heero came out of the study as she started up the stairs. "Victoria," he called but she ignored him and slammed the door. He quickly walked outside realizing that some sort of exchange must have happened. He walked out into the garden and saw his mother sitting on a bench holding her face. "What happened, mother?"

"That woman," she raged as she came out of shock.

"What did you say to her?" Heero asked. He knew Victoria was not the type to fly off the handle without a good reason and she had more restraint since reaching adulthood.

"Are you taking her side, Odin?" she asked in disbelief.

Heero's eyes grew cold. "I know Victoria."

Serena glared at him. "Are you implying that this is my fault?"

Heero stood his ground. He was not used to his own mannerisms being used against him, now he had to admit his glare could cut people's confidence down. "What did you say to her, mother?"

"I told her that I did not want her around you," Serena answered. "I know how vultures like her work."

"I am not a child anymore and I can choose my own friends," he said simply.

Serena searched his eyes. She could sense the ultimatum behind the statement. If she continued to pursue the matter the way she had been, she would loose him. "You're in love with her, Oji-chan, don't know that some things will never be?" She looked at her son and softened his features. She would never steer him in her direction if she were his enemy. "I apologize, Oji-chan. Perhaps it would be better if I leave. I will come by tomorrow and we can have lunch."

Heero nodded an accepted the motherly embrace she gave him. He could tell that she was still mad. It would only be a matter of time before they could tolerate each other, but for now they were never to be alone in the same room. "That would be fine," he commented as he walked her outside. He waved as Serena got into her car then quickly went inside to check on Victoria. He stood outside at the door as he heard items being thrown about. He walked into the room. "You didn't knock," she snapped as she closed her suitcase.

"You wouldn't have let me in," he replied simply.

Victoria glared at him and picked up her suitcase. "I'm leaving." She moved to walk past him.

"I apologize for whatever she said to you and it won't happen again," he said as he grabbed her. He took the suitcase from her gently.

"I think it's best that I leave. I have intruded enough," she said softly. She pulled her arm away.

"Victoria," Heero said calmly.

"You're not going to stop me from leaving."

Heero moved to the side to let her pass. "I will inform your mother of your plans to go home with her."

She stopped short. "You wouldn't," she challenged.

He raised an eyebrow. "She's one of the few I trust to look after you."

Victoria sigh. Her mother had been camped out in the penthouse suite of Tokyo Plaza Hotel for the past two months. She would not be able to take twenty-four hours of her mother constantly `mothering' her. She understood that she was the last born but gee whiz. "Well played," she remarked as she her bags down.

Father Figure by George Michael

© 2001 Devon Masterson

Another Bond Girl Production

I think we all know who belongs to who, Gundam Wing belongs to a whole bunch of rich influential people. I just do this for fun. Everybody knows med/grad school candidates don't have money so suing me if pointless.