Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Bohemian Rhapsady ❯ Movement Eighteen ( Chapter 18 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Bohemian Rhapsody

By Devon Masterson

Movement Eighteen

Aoi37@hotmail.com

"I have had enough of crime…"

Heero sat in his study typing at his computer with Roger resting in his usual spot. As he typed, he heard a soft snoring from his couch, where Duo fell asleep reading. He smirked once, he realized the snoring was actually from Quatre and not Duo this time. They had been up all night because of Victoria's false alarms. With her two weeks from her ninth month they did not want to take any chances. Everyone was on edge, including Wufei who was on a mission, but kept quite informed. Heero had never seen the Chinese man so anxious. They were all curious and excited to see `their' little girl.

A gentle knock disrupted his thoughts. "Come in," he said.

The door opened and Victoria came in quickly then peeped around the corner to see if anyone followed her. Heero smiled. She was hiding from the Countess again. "I am not here."

"Neither am I," he remarked as he helped her sit down. It seemed that his study was a hide-out for quite a few people. He sat back down at his computer and started typing.

Victoria looked at him curiously as she noticed his `hat' sleeping soundly. This was the first time that she had been in his study while he was in there. She always considered it his personal space where he wanted to be alone and respected it. He made quite a picture working at his computer with a ferret on his head. She remembered when she gave Roger to him nearly three years ago. She made a good choice in present."

Feeling her stare, Heero looked up. "Something wrong?"

Victoria blushed. She had not realized that she had been staring. "No, I'm fine. I have had enough alarms. The next time will be the real thing." She rubbed her abdomen. She was feeling a little indigestion and the baby was letting her know it.

Heero yawned. "Better safe than sorry." He could use a nap as well.

"You should get some rest," Victoria suggested. "I'm going to the garden. She won't find me there and the more I change location the better."

~

Some hours later, Heero rubbed his eyes and stretched. He looked at his watch and frowned, he did not intend to sleep so long. "I need to check up on Victoria," he thought as he walked out on the balcony. The balcony overlooked the garden and he spent a great deal watching her from there. She always seemed to be drawing in a worn leather bound sketchbook. He nodded once he saw his target under the Sakura tree asleep. He frowned at her restlessness. "She must be having a nightmare." They had been occurring more often since, she got closer to the end of her pregnancy.

He had to get to her before she did something to hurt herself. He quickly laced up his shoes and stepped out onto the balcony. He jumped from his room to the ground in one fail swoop then ran through the maze. He reached the center and his eyes widened as he saw her standing on the rail of the bridge as though she was preparing to jump. Though the bridge was not high enough to kill her, it was high enough for her to break a limb or hurt the baby if she landed incorrectly and the pond was not deep enough of to break her fall. "Victoria," he called to her as he started up the bridge slowly.

There was no response as she continued to stand on the railing. Heero moved closer to her. He saw the glazed looked in her eyes and it was confirmed that she was sleep walking. He had no idea what she was dreaming about, but he had to act quickly. He wrapped his arms around her and she folded downward so that he had to drag the back of her legs across the bar. She was safe.

Heero sighed in relief as he sat on the floor of the bridge with her in his lap. He needed to get her into her room. Victoria started to move as he lifted her and himself. She suddenly wrapped her arms around him. Heero could feel his heart urging him to hold her for a minute. Perhaps that was what she needed in her dream, to feel comforted. He held her tightly and rested his chin on her forehead. She felt so right in his arms. It had been years, but he still remembered.

She pulled away from him suddenly and kissed him deeply. His eyes widened in surprise and he tensed up. He had not expected this. He thought about pulling away, but his body would not allow it. He would only allow himself this one moment, just this one little sin. His body relaxed as he returned the kiss and let his feelings have their way for a moment. He finally pulled away and looked into her face. Her cheeks were reddened, but her eyes still had the glazed over look. "I love you so much, Trowa," she whispered.

Heero's heart sank. He had been kidding himself. She would never return his feelings. He had his chance and blew it. He had also betrayed Trowa's memory. "This is how it must have happened to him. Those eyes and those lips…" his thoughts were interrupted by grunts of pain and labored breathing. "The baby," he thought as he saw liquid starting to run down her leg. "Victoria," he said shaking her.

Victoria blinked then started hyperventilating. "Heero?" she asked then a sharp pain hit her. "The baby…the baby's coming."

Heero nodded and lifted her into his arms. He started to move quickly through the maze. He called for Shinji as he reached the inside of the house in record of time and called the doctor. Duo and Quatre seemed no where in sight. Shinji came into the study and knew instantly the situation. He alerted a maid to fetch Victoria-sama pre-packed overnight bag and proceeded to help her to the car. Heero hung up the phone and joined them. "Where are Quatre and Duo?"

"The Countess asked them to accompany her into the city since she could not find Victoria-sama," he answered as he opened the door.

"Wonderful," Heero commented as they helped her to the car. "We will have to call them from the hospital." He was glad that Shinji had the insight not to move the car just in case she should go into labor. They helped her inside and he got in beside her. Aki handed him the overnight bag since the younger woman who was to get it at first was too nervous and excited to think straight. She smiled warmly at Heero and the young mother beside him. Heero nodded to her as she shut the door and they drove off.

%%%

Large doors of an old theater opened and Duo walked out smiling. "That was one of the greatest moments of theater I have ever experienced," Duo commented. "Al Pacino is the man!"

Quatre shook his head as he took the Countess's arm. The evening ended up going better than he thought it would. They had been dodging the Countess for nothing. "It was… interesting."

"I've always enjoyed movies from the twenty first century," the Countess replied as she looped her arm around her other `date.' "Though I admit I have never seen those particular films. They were quite exciting."

"Would you adopt me?" Duo asked as he leaned his head on her shoulder and looked innocent.

"Of course, dear," she smiled, "and you too, Quatre."

Quatre beamed. "Thank you." Though he wasn't into the vintage movie scene the way those two were, it was nice talking with her from time to time. She was not nearly trying as Victoria made her seem to be. Perhaps that was because she was not his natural mother, but he did have to admit that she could be overwhelming at times. That was the reason they all had been hiding in the study from her. He was glad that they finally got hungry and came out of the study.

"Oh my what time is it?" she asked noticing the night sky. They had to have been there at least six hours watching the Al Pacino marathon.

"It's ten o'clock," Quatre answered in surprise. "I hope everything is okay."

Duo shook his head. "Heero would have called if Victoria had the baby."

"My phone's been off the whole time," Quatre said as he turned it on. He looked toward Duo slightly annoyed. "I do remember someone telling me that it was so important to my future that it not ring again."

"It was during a good part," Duo whined. "Besides.."

Quatre's phone interrupted with a series of beeps. "You have thirty-seven new messages," a feminine voice announced. Quatre immediately started going through the messages as he ushered his companions to the car. "Take us to Tokyo General," he said once they were inside the car.

"She is going to be terribly upset," the Countess observed as they pulled out into traffic. "Well she should have not hid from me, then she would have been with me instead of leaving me to my own devices."

"She's going to kill us," Duo sighed he then looked Quatre. "Gee, Quatre, how could you be so irresponsible."

Quatre shot him a look. "I had help," he replied then shifted the subject. "The messages are from Heero and Catherine. I didn't listen to all of them, but they went something to the effect of, if we don't get there soon we will be shot and/or stabbed."

"You hang out with the such dangerous people," Duo commented. "Between Heero and your girlfriend."

Quatre blushed. "She's not my girlfriend."

"Yet," Duo corrected. "You might as well admit it. Everyone is sneaking around or trying to keep their feelings underground. I am the only one with my head straight around here which is pretty bad. If I were to meet a girl that was worthy of having my name, I would let her know right away."

"I don't think it works like that Duo," Quatre said.

"Of course it does," Duo replied. His eyes shifted toward the Countess momentarily. "I don't b.s. around. I call things the way I see them."

"Uh huh," Quatre mumbled.

"I know the perfect girl for you," the Countess supplied. "She's a doctor…"

"No offense, Mom, but me and intellectual types don't go together. They are too stuffy and stuck on their achievements. Plus I'm allergic to boredom."

The Countess looked at him curiously but took the hint. She would try her case again later. She needed to focus on Victoria.

%%%

Victoria opened her eyes slowly. She was exhausted but she needed to get up. She turned her head slowly to get oriented in her surroundings. A look of shock and surprise crossed her face when she saw Heero sitting next to her holding the baby. The scene was absolutely precious, him playing with the little girl. He seemed to be totally at ease in dealing with the bundle. Her eyes saddened as she watched the scene. It was the perfect picture of a father and child, but it was not his. "Trowa, I wish you could see her. She's so beautiful and she has your eyes and smile."

Sensing eyes upon him, Heero looked towards Victoria and smiled. "How do you feel?"

"I'm feel fine, have I been asleep long?"

"Only an hour."

"Have they shown up yet?"

"Catherine is in the waiting room looking out for them," he answered. "The nurse brought into the room so you could feed her. I did not want to wake you."

Victoria smiled gratefully. She did need the sleep. She felt twenty times better than she did an hour ago. "Thank you," she said. She held her arms out to take the baby.

Heero stood and handed the precious bundle to Victoria. "I'll leave you two alone," he said lowly as she started to lift the top part of the maternity hospital gown. His cheeks reddened slightly. "I'll send Catherine in to keep you company."

She nodded sensing his discomfort. Things seemed to be getting tense between them lately and she knew it was wrong to feel dependent on him. He had to live his own life. The promise to Trowa had been fulfilled. She and the baby would get their own place. She would continue her search once they were released.

"Catherine," Heero called as he walked up the young brunette knitting on a couch. "Would you sit with her while I wait for them."

Catherine nodded. She gathered her knitting and started for the room. "Quatre's mine when they get here."

Heero smirked. "I'll let him know." He sat down and looked about the almost empty waiting room. It was boring in there and he wished he had his laptop. At least he could play FreeCell or something. He looked towards the brace on his right arm then sighed and picked up a magazine.

"Heero!" Quatre and Duo called as they came up with the Countess.

Heero looked at them coldly. "Hmm."

"Is Victoria in a room yet?" the Countess asked.

"Room 197," he answered. She quickly hurried away.

"What happed to your hand?" Quatre asked noting the brace.

A memory of Victoria squeezing his hand and fracturing it came to mind. It was only a stress fracture but it still hurt like hell. Quatre was supposed to be her coach "Hmm."

Duo looked at the silent Japanese man. He could tell that he was pissed and there was only one way to defuse the situation. "Is the baby cute?"

Heero looked at the braided man and tried to keep a cold countenance, but a fatherly pride took over. Even though she was not biologically his, he still felt the connection as he watched Victoria bring her into the world. He would do all he could for both of them. "She's beautiful."

"What's her name?" Quatre asked picking up on Duo's drift.

"Andrea."

"Well what are we waiting here for?" Duo asked as he grabbed Heero's left arm and Quatre. "We shouldn't keep a beautiful woman waiting. It's rude."

Father Figure by George Michael

© 2001 Devon Masterson

Another Bond Girl Production

I think we all know who belongs to who, Gundam Wing belongs to a whole bunch of rich influential people. I just do this for fun. Everybody knows med/grad school candidates don't have money so suing me if pointless.