Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Bohemian Rhapsady ❯ Movement Nineteen ( Chapter 19 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Bohemian Rhapsody

By Devon Masterson

Movement Nineteen

Aoi37@hotmail.com

"I will be the one…"

Victoria laid Andrea down in her crib and smiled at the sleeping infant. She then left the room quietly. She had about five hours before she would be up again and hungry. That would be long enough for her to check out some of the local appointments that she had and meet with the inter-system realtor. She had already asked Aki to look in on her daughter while she was gone. She did not like the idea of leaving her baby so soon after a couple of weeks, but she had to find a place for them to live. It was wrong to keep hanging around Heero's home now.

"Here goes nothing," she said to herself as she smoothed her skirt down. She opened the hall closet and pulled out her coat. She closed the door and saw Heero standing behind it. "Yes."

"How's Andrea?" he asked.

"She's sleeping," Victoria answered. She started to put on her coat when he took it from her and helped her into it. "Thank you."

"Where are you going?"

"I have some errands to run," she answered. "I should be in back in time to feed her."

Heero nodded. "Looking for a place."

"Yes, it's time to find our own place. I don't want to wear out our welcome."

"That's understandable. I don't mind the company," Heero commented. "I was just wondering about how you will manage things with Andrea still so young. Aki is very experienced with children; she took care of me as a child. She could be a beneficial guide to you as you learn and you would not have to worry about adjusting to a new place and the baby."

His logic made sense. "I don't want to impose…"

"I have plenty of room," Heero interrupted.

"Are you sure?" she asked.

Heero nodded. "I'll let Aki know, she'll be excited." He helped her out of her coat then started for the kitchen.

"Why do I have the feeling that I have been railroaded," she thought as she walked after him. She smiled to herself. At least she would have an adult to talk to and Andrea would have her uncles to play with, though she seemed unsure about Uncle Duo. Something told her he was going to do his best to corrupt her daughter. He had already managed to get to the Countess. She wrinkled her nose at the thought of her mother being infiltrated by Duo of all people. Her mother had practically adopted him and he called her `mom' whenever referring to her. The man was insufferable, but she couldn't help but like him, though she would never tell him so. She knew if he knew that he would never let it go. "Perhaps it won't be so bad if I stay a little longer, just until she can walk."

%%%

Serena knocked on the door of Odin's study then entered once she heard the desired response. Her smile faded as she entered the study and found him on the floor playing with a baby. "Hello, Odin."

Heero looked up from the baby he was tickling and sighed. He could tell by her greeting that she was displeased. He was in a good mood and not in mood for theatrics. "Hello, mother." He picked up Andrea gingerly and walked towards his mother. He kissed her on the cheek. "You're early. We were supposed to meet at the restaurant."

"George had some emergency business to attend to and I thought I would drop by and visit. He's supposed to meet us there," she explained. Her eyes went immediately went to five month old in his arms. She was the most precious child she had ever seen, after Odin of course. "Oji-chan, you need to support her head better so she won't squirm as much." She took the baby from him gently and held her in her arms.

"Gomen," Heero commented seeing that Andrea's charms were taking affect like he hoped.

"What's her name?" she asked as she sat down on the couch.

"Andrea."

"She is beautiful," she sighed. "I remember when you were this small. You had dirty blond hair until you were five then it started to darken like your father's."

"I don't remember too much about it."

"You were too small of course you don't," she replied as Andrea rested her head against Serena's shoulder. Serena smiled then remembered what else she wanted to discuss with her son. "I would have thought she would have gotten a place of her own by now."

Heero raised an eyebrow. His smoke screen had been lifted. "I am the only one she knows here. It made sense for her to stay." He took Andrea from his mother and placed on the blanket with her favorite toy. She cooed happily as she rolled over with the stuffed giraffe on top of her.

"I see," Serena commented as she watched Heero's expression. "Dear, I am getting on in years you know and I would like to be a grandmother before I die."

"There isn't anyone that I am interested in right now," he answered. They had been through this several times the last couple of months.

"Perhaps you're not looking in the right place," she replied. "The Scarlet Ball is next month, you are planning to go are you not?" Actually he had no intentions of going to the ball, but something told him that he had better change his plans. He nodded. "Good. Do you have a date?"

"Not yet," he answered.

"Good, I have the perfect date for you," She said before he could get any ideas of mentioning Victoria. "Her name is Ami Mizuno and she's a doctor. She often works with the Preventers so you may have met her before in your encounters. I would love for you to take her and I'm sure you two will enjoy the evening. Who knows where it will lead?"

Heero gave a side-ways look that said `yeah right.' He was not so sure about the whole blind date thing, but something told him that that would be the least of his worries if he did not agree to go. "Set everything up," he sighed. Now he knew how Quatre felt before he and Catherine got together.

Serena beamed. "Magnificent."

"Hmm." He picked up Andrea then looked towards his mother. "I'm going to put A-chan down for a nap. Victoria should be back in a couple of hours…"

"I will behave, Oji-chan."

Heero nodded seeing that his point got across then took the yawning baby up to the nursery.

%%%

"How was…" Victoria's sentence trailed as her eyes fell upon Serena sipping herbal tea. "I was looking for Heero, excuse me."

"Odin," she corrected, "is checking on the baby."

Victoria raised an eyebrow but kept her civility. "Thank you," she said as she left the room.

"You're welcome," Serena replied.

"That went better than I thought," she thought as she leaned against the door.

"Something wrong?" Heero asked as he came down the stairs.

"No," she answered.

Heero searched her eyes and smiled to himself. His mother kept her promise and true to form Victoria did not initiate some sort of response. "I put her down for a nap two hours ago," he said shifting the subject. "I was on my way up when I heard you come in. I saw Duo go into the nursery so she's probably up."

"She was up most of the night," she commented. "She seems to be a night owl."

"I should've kept her up longer so she'd sleep at night."

"It's fine," she replied. "There were some things I wanted to do tonight and she can keep me company."

"I will sit up with you if she's up."

"Heero, it's not necessary," Victoria said shaking her head. "We'll be fine. Now you better get going if you going to make your reservations." She smiled and started up the stairs. "Thank you for looking after her."

"You're welcome." He walked inside of the study.

Upstairs Victoria quietly looked in on Andrea. She smiled as Andrea cooed in excitement. "How`s my little girl?" she asked picking up the small child. "Did you have fun while mommy was gone? Did you?" Andrea smiled and put her hand in her mouth. "My good little girl." She kissed her on the forehead then laid her on the changing table to check her diaper. "You're dry. Uncle Heero, must've changed you before you went to sleep."

"Actually it was me," Duo commented. "She was looking at me all dewy and upset. Isn't that right, Ande?" He tickled her tummy.

"My daughter's name is Andrea," she corrected.

"Ande is much cooler."

"Duo, her name is Andrea and I advise you to adopt usage of her name at least in my presence."

"No problem…sis," he quipped. He grinned at her mischievously then kissed Andrea on the nose. "You and I have date at the park after your mom feeds you, won't that be fun?"

Victoria rolled her eyes. She was glad for the support, but it seemed like she hardly saw her baby at times. Normally, she would be greatly concerned, but without Trowa in Andrea's life, she would need the extra attention. "I'm glad so many love you," she whispered. She picked up Andrea and placed her in her crib. "Well let's get you ready."

Father Figure by George Michael

© 2002 Devon Masterson

Another Bond Girl Production

I think we all know who belongs to who, Gundam Wing belongs to a whole bunch of rich influential people. I just do this for fun. Everybody knows med/grad school candidates don't have money so suing me if pointless.