Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Bohemian Rhapsady ❯ Movement Twenty ( Chapter 20 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Bohemian Rhapsody

By Devon Masterson

Movement Twenty

Aoi37@hotmail.com

"…to love you…"

AN: 20!!! I remember when I struggled to write the first movement and nearly tossed it. Thanks for hanging on. It's almost done, just got to tie up some loose ends and bring some people together. I know you have to be wondering what is Serena's prob with Victoria. It shall all be revealed.

Heero stood in front of the mirror and surveyed himself. He sighed and crossed the room. "At least she'll leave me alone for awhile after this." He put his hand on the knob and turned it. His eyes lit up as he saw Victoria poised to knock.

"Tonight is the night of the ball isn't it?" she asked. Her eyes washed over him. He looked handsome as usual in his tuxedo. He always did wear his clothes with a certain flare no matter what it was. "You look nice."

"Thank you," he replied.

"Your tie's a little twisted," she commented. Her hands immediately went towards the tie to fix the anomaly.

Heero fought the impulses that he felt from being so close to her. He had to respect the platonic situation. "Thank you," he said as she finished.

"You're welcome. Well I better go, you'll keep your date waiting." She turned to leave.

He grabbed her arm. "What did you want earlier?"

"I was going to tell you that Andrea and I were going to visit Catherine for the weekend. I know you have a lot of work to do and you haven't had a weekend to yourself since I had Andrea."

"I'm fine."

"Enjoy the vacation anyway," she said matter of factly. He needed the break and they had to be cramping his style. There was no reason that he should have to make the sacrifices of a father. He was still single and probably hoped to have his own children someday. "We're going to leave in the morning."

"Who's accompanying you?"

Victoria raised an eyebrow. "We are perfectly capable of getting there on our own, but Quatre will be joining us on the trip. He was already planning to visit anyway."

Heero nodded. That arrangement was acceptable. He would get the details from Quatre later. He still did not like the idea of Victoria and Andrea leaving his sight. They were everything that he wanted and everything that he could not have. "I will see you when I get back."

Victoria nodded then walked down the hall. She doubted that she would be up when he got home. The Scarlet Ball had a tendency to continue into the late hours with the political discussions and socializing. "Have a good time," she mouthed as she walked down the stairs.

"Hmm," he grunted. He had no intentions of having a good time. The woman he wanted was Victoria and there was no one else that he was remotely interested. He would spend his life as her friend. He did not care just as long as he was in her life.

Ami Mizuno, the name sounded like someone who would bore him to tears. All he knew was she was a doctor and his mother thought she was perfect for him, i.e. she was totally opposite of Victoria.

"This is going to be a long night," he thought as he got into the car. He had to pick his date up and he was oh so thrilled. "She's probably going to talk about herself or medicine all night."

"We're here, Heero-sama," Shinji sighed sometime later. He felt bad for the young man. So sorry that he offered to drive him tonight and serve as some sort of distraction for him.

"I'll be back," he said as he stepped out of the car. He took a deep breath. He at least hoped that she was pretty, that would make the evening more tolerable. He pushed the intercom button next to the door.

"Yes," a feminine voice called.

"Odin Lowe," he said simply.

"Well don't be all excited," she commented playfully as she opened the door. She was wearing an off the shoulder red dress with a split in the front. Her blue eyes sparkled.

"Hmmm…" He observed her for a moment. She was pretty but not Victoria. "Let's go." He offered his arm.

Ami smiled shutting the door behind her. She was glad that she had been prepared about his demeanor. She was normally shy around strangers but as a favor to her mother, she would try her best. She took his arm. "Here we go."

%%%

Duo jumped on the couch beside Victoria and smiled. "Since you're my date and all, what do you want to do?" He put his arm around her.

Victoria picked up his arm and removed it from around her shoulders. He was getting bold these days. He would not be able to have her mother's protection forever now that she was back in Germany. "I am not your date, Commander Maxwell," she replied.

"There you go distancing yourself again, Vicky," he said patting her hand. "I told you when you and Trowa got married that you'd never get rid of me." She shot him a look. "Victoria…" He gave her a surprised look.

Interpreting his meaning she looked towards her daughter playing with her giraffe. "I don't want Andrea to pick up bad habits," she explained. Her eyes cut back to Duo. "But do not think that will save you once she is old enough to understand certain things."

"You and Heero…the biggest kill joys I ever met," Duo muttered. "Well at least Heero went out tonight."

"And why didn't you go with him?" she asked annoyed.

"I've been to that ball every year for the last three years. I need a break and besides…I'd hate to ruin any possible action he might be getting. Who knows a possible love connection could develop and then I'd have more minds to corrupt." He chuckled at this last comment and gauged her reaction to see what she would do.

"His mother set him up and from my experience blind dates rarely go right," Victoria commented. "His mother would pick the kind of woman that she would like for him and not that he wants. She tries to coddle him when he's a grown man and has been on his own since he was in his early teens."

"Well you never know about Heero. For some reason he can be a ladies' man, though he couldn't possibly compare to me. He did have to beat Relena off with a stick."

"He does have air about him, but in looking for someone to be in a relationship with he would try to find a woman that would understand him. Most of the women that his mother encounters, I imagine would not be able to understand having to sacrifice your childhood in order for a higher ideal. They would find it appalling true, but not understand the things he had to do." Victoria picked up Andrea and let the infant rest in her lap. "It's hard already to find someone to understand you when you're normal person."

Duo smiled to himself as he got the type of response from her that he wanted from her. His curiosity about her was also piqued. "Just how did you get all roped into the war thing?"

"How did you?" she asked. "Personal questions are quid pro quo."

He raised an eyebrow and nodded. "Fine then…I have a habit of surviving terrible things that got someone's attention."

"I won a game of chess against some thought to be unbeatable and that got someone's attention."

"Well you haven't played me," he commented shifting the subject before it became uncomfortable.

"I have seen you play and I am familiar with the limits of your tactical imagination," she replied. "You would make a challenge for me, but the likelihood of you winning is small."

"Oh yeah?" Duo challenged. "Talking sh…" his sentence trailed as he forgot that Andrea was in the room. He had to be more careful. If her first words were curses, Victoria would crucify him for sure. "…talking smack are we? Talk is cheap, let's see just how good you really are. I have to warn you though, I won't have any mercy on you. They don't call me Shinigami for nothing."

Victoria lifted the sleeping infant gingerly and walked up the stairs. "You underestimate me, but I accept your challenge."

"I'll be set up when you get back," he replied as she left. He went into the study and got the chessboard. He and Quatre were going to start a game when he got back from visiting Catherine on Sunday. "You're going to get it. I am way more ruthless on the chess board then in battle." When he got back to the room, he saw her sitting at the table waiting for him patiently.

"Victoria-sama, you have a phone call," a young maid said quietly as she walked into the room. "I think it's urgent, but I'm having trouble understanding."

Victoria went to the vid phone beside her and answered. Her sister's face appeared on the screen looking upset. She spoke frantically in their native tongue. "Calm down, Faith."

"It's mother," Faith said excitedly, "you have to come. We don't know what to do. She's been sick, but she told us everything was fine and then she collapsed and her fever…"

"Why was I not informed earlier?" Victoria asked calmly.

"She told us not to worry you and she would be fine, but Fritz got worried and sent the jet for you just in case. Thank, God, for his insight. The rest of us…we're so worried. We need you, Vicky. Everyone is so upset and mother is delirious. You were always better at these things than we were."

"I'm on my way. I`ll see you in a couple of hours," she replied.

"Please hurry, Vicky," Faith begged as the screen went black.

Victoria stood and walked out of the room. "I'm coming with you," Duo called as he walked after her.

"You are truly a man of many talents, Commander," she replied as she started up the stairs, "but this a family emergency."

"The Countess is the closest to a mother I have ever come," he said, "I'm not going to stay here if she's sick."

Her brown eyes softened as they searched his violet ones. "We'll be taking the family jet. I'll get Andrea and then we'll leave."

Duo nodded. His normal jovial countenance was replaced with worry. "Hang in there, Mom."

%%%

Ami sat down. Getting Heero to loosen up had been unsuccessful. "Look," she sighed, "I am not trying to replace her. I'm just doing this as favor to my mom, you know like you are?"

Heero smirked casually. He underestimated her. "Let's leave."

Ami stood. "Best idea yet!" she smiled as they left the ball.

Shinji sat in the back seat of the car reading the paper when his cell phone rang. "Hai," he said into the phone.

"Victoria-sama, and Duo-kun are gone. There was some sort of emergency with the Countess that is all I was able to get out of Suki when I got back. According to her, they are going to call when they got to Germany, but I thought Oji-sama would want to know now since he's in love with her."

"Nothing escapes your eyes, Aki," Shinji commented. There was no point denying the fact, everyone knew his feelings toward her except the person who needed to know most. It was also a consensus that she shared his feelings, but did not admit it because she felt it would be disrespectful to her late husband. Many longed to tell her that it would acceptable now, since it has been well over a year, but she was as taciturn as Heero when it came to personal matters. "I will tell Odin-sama right away."

"I hope everything is okay," Aki sighed. "The poor girl has been through enough the past year and Duo-kun has greatly taken to the Countess. He would take it hard if something were to happen and the look on Oji-sama's face when Victoria-sama is upset heartbreaking. He loves her so much. I wish he would tell her so that she would lean on him for support."

"Things will work out," Shinji assured her, "but Oji-sama has to handle it on his own. He is stubborn like his mother and driven like his father. He is quickly realizing that his status with Victoria-sama is unacceptable to him. Now I must go and find him so that he can decide what to do."

"Bye, Shinji," Aki said into the phone.

"Bye," he replied hitting the end button on the phone. He stepped out of the car. As he quickly thought over his plan of action in finding Heero, he saw him and Ami walking towards him. The young master always had wonderful timing and he was also grateful for the fact that the ball was held in Japan this year. "Odin-sama!"

"What's wrong?" Heero asked.

"Something is wrong with the Countess and Victoria-sama left for Germany to see her," he answered as he walked back to the car and opened the door for him to get inside.

"Where's Duo?" Heero asked as he got into the car.

"He left with her and they took Andrea-sama with them," Shinji added. His eyes went to the rear view mirror to the young master. He saw his countenance darken further at the fact that Andrea was gone as well. Judging from the expression he imagined that Heero was thinking the worse that she might move to Germany forever. It would be easy for that to happen with the both of them gone. They would not have to come back, just pick up their things. Anxiety played across the face of the former Gundam pilot as well as concern for how his love and best friend would cope with the possible loss.

"Take me to the airport then take Ami home."

"Excuse me, but are you talking about Countess Evelyn Une Wagner?" Ami asked.

Heero nodded. "You know her too?" The woman seemed to have endless connections.

"Yes," she replied. "I`m going with you."

Heero said nothing. He did not care as long as he got to Victoria.

Father Figure by George Michael

© 2002 Devon Masterson

Another Bond Girl Production

I think we all know who belongs to who, Gundam Wing belongs to a whole bunch of rich influential people. I just do this for fun. Everybody knows med/grad school candidates don't have money so suing me if pointless.