Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Bohemian Rhapsady ❯ Movement Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Bohemian Rhapsody

By Devon Masterson

Movement Two

Aoi37@hotmail.com

"Sometimes I think that you'll never understand me…"

"She tricked us," Duo whined as he pulled at his bow tie. "Well at least the food's good." He popped a hors d'oeuvre in his mouth. "You gotta try these, Heero."

"No thanks," he commented as he scanned the crowd for Lady Une. He did not like not knowing her whereabouts. Knowing where members of his team where in general was something he always wanted to know, but lately he cared more about where she spent her time.

"You're no fun," Duo snorted. He looked around. "Maybe I should take a hint from Quatre and ask a pretty lady to dance."

"I can't see a woman wanting to dance with someone like you. You'll probably step all over her feet," Wufei teased.

"We'll see about that," Duo challenged as he looked around for someone to catch his eye. A smile flashed across his face as he saw what he would call a "hot little number" moving gracefully across the floor. Her back was facing him, but he saw all that he needed to see. "I'll be around," he said confidently. He made his way to the object of his attention as he waded through the pools of red and black moving in time to music. He smiled as was able to admire her figure and dress more closely. Her smooth back was exposed as her dress dipped to her waste-line. Her soft muscles showed as she moved through the crowd capturing attention. Her hair was elegantly done up in an upsweep, making her frame appear longer and drawn out. Duo's eyes seemed to roam forever.

He had to see her face and hoped that it was as lovely as the rest of her. He reached out and grabbed her hand. "I noticed you from across the room and I have to say that you're the best looking woman here. Would you like to dance?"

The woman turned around in surprise. "Are you sure about that, Commander?" Lady Une asked.

Duo's eyes widened. "Now that's a surprise," he chuckled nervously. "I never lie. So let's dance." He pulled her into his embrace. "You clean up well, Colonel."

Lady bit her lip to keep from laughing at his obvious surprise. "Why thank you, Commander."

Duo smiled as they continued to dance. "Wait until Heero sees her in this dress." The song ended after a few moments. Duo bowed dramatically and kissed her hand. "Thanks for the dance."

Lady Une raised an eyebrow. "You're welcome," she said graciously. "Did the others make it here okay?"

"Heero and Wufei are over there," he pointed making sure she saw Heero. "Quatre is on the floor and Trowa is around here somewhere."

"Excuse me, sir, but would you like to dance," a bold redhead asked as she touched Duo on the shoulder.

Duo smiled at the lady's courage and beauty. "This is going to be a lot better than I thought it would be." He took the lady's hand. "I never could turn down a pretty lady," he said flirtatiously as he led her further on to the floor before waving to Lady Une.

"Well at least I got one dance even though he thought I was someone else," she thought. She started to make her way to where Heero and Wufei were.

"That was greatly unexpected," Wufei commented as he recognized Lady Une as Duo's dance partner.

"She looks beautiful," Heero thought. He stood frozen in place as he watched her seemingly nonchalantly from the sidelines. A frown skittered across his face as he saw a persistent man approach her for a dance. She had already declined as he was still asking.

"Perhaps another time," she said as she walked away.

"Right now is a good time," he persisted grabbing her arm.

"The lady's with me," Trowa interjected appearing at her side. He took her arm from the man pulled her close to him. He looked at her. "Sorry for keeping you waiting."

"It's all right you're here now," she said playing along. Firing on one of the foreign diplomats would not be in good interest of establishing political connections.

"Forgive me, my lady," the man said disappointedly. He quickly exited.

Trowa pulled her into his embrace and began to sway gently to the music. "What are you doing?" she asked lowly.

"It'll be more convincing if we actually danced, don't you think?" he asked.

He had a point there. "Thank you for coming to my rescue, Commander Barton," she said slowly. It was not often that she ran into situations that she could not control.

"You're welcome, Lady Une," he replied as he held her close.

"Why is he looking at me like that?" she wondered as she stared into his intense blue eyes. He always had a habit of watching people. It was a gift that allowed him to predict the actions of his comrades as well as enemies, but it wasn't his usual stare this time.

"Mind if I cut in?" Heero asked as he came up.

Trowa looked towards his friend and nodded. "Not a problem," he answered. He looked toward Lady Une. "I am glad that I was able to help." He moved out of the way and let Heero pick up where he left off.

Heero nodded. "If I didn't know better I would swear that he hesitated in letting her go." He dismissed the thought. He would have known by Quatre's actions if Trowa were interested in Lady Une.

"You look handsome, Heero," she said breaking into his thoughts.

"You look beautiful, Victoria," he blurted out. He flushed slightly, amusing her.

"Thank you, Heero," she smiled. He spun her around in his arms and she felt herself flushing slightly at the closeness. She was having a much better time than she could have hoped.

"Colonel Une and Commander Yuy, I'm glad you were able to make it this year," President Michael greeted as the dance ended. "You look lovely, Colonel." He extended his hand politely to kiss her hand.

"Thank you, Mr. President."

"You haven't met my fiancée yet have you?" he asked looking around for his love. "Ah, there she is with Commander Winner after their dance." Quatre and an attractive older woman with light hair made their way towards them. "Darling, I want you to meet Colonel Une head of the Preventers and Commander Yuy." Two sets Prussian eyes locked with instant familiarity. "Colonel Une, Commander Yuy, this is my fiancée Serena Tsukino."

"Nice to meet you," Lady Une greeted taking the woman's hand.

"Nice to meet you," the woman said mechanically never taking her eyes off the handsome young man in front of her. "He looks just like him." She cleared her throat. "Have we met before, Commander Yuy?" she asked.

"No," he answered simply. "Excuse me, I need to go and check on someone." He turned to leave.

Quatre sensing something was not right, looked apologetic and excused himself then went after Heero.

Serena fought to not go after him as she stood beside her fiancée. "He's alive," she whispered.

"Darling are you okay?" President Michael asked in concern.

"I'm fine, George, just a little tired from the trip," she answered. "Would you be a dear and get me something drink, koi?" George nodded and left to get her something to drink. Serena looked at Lady Une. Her Prussian eyes washed over the younger woman critically. She had heard stories about the woman. She was known to be quite ruthless though she did not look like it. "Are you and the commander involved?"

Lady Une nearly blushed at the implication. "Ms. Tsukino, I don't think that is any of your business."

"I was just wondering," she commented. "He is handsome. I shouldn't have assumed that you were together. A woman such as yourself wouldn't fraternize with soldiers under your command. It's in poor taste."

Lady Une's eyes narrowed at the insult in disguise. "Giving unsolicited advice on matters that there is no previous knowledge of is also."

A blond eyebrow raised in challenge. "Here you are, Darling."

Serena gave a grateful smile to George. "Thank you, koi."

"If you'll excuse me, I see someone I have to speak to." Lady Une nodded to the President. Her brown eyes met with cold blue ones. They each exchanged a look that said there would be more encounters. There was something about those eyes that were familiar in how they distanced anyone in their line of vision.

"Colonel Une," the President nodded. He noted the look that passed between the two women as Lady Une left. "Brr."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Serena asked innocently. She took a sip of the water that he brought her. "We were simply having a friendly conversation, woman to woman."

"Darling, I have learned that there is nothing simple when it comes to you," he teased, pulling her close, "and it is the same with Lady Une as well."

She smiled brightly. "Koi, there is nothing for you to worry about," she commented. "I'll be right back."

George stared after his fleeting beauty and sighed then shook his head. She was definitely up to something.

Quatre raced to catch up with Heero as he made his way outside. "Heero," he called to his friend, who didn't seem to hear him. "Heero."

Heero sighed and slowed down. He wasn't going to get anywhere with Quatre announcing where he was. He suspected that's why Quatre called out to him in the first place. "What is it, Quatre?"

"What happened back there?" he asked as he searched his friend's eyes for answers.

"I made an appearance now I'm leaving," he said simply.

"You were having a good time," Quatre commented. "We all saw you dancing with Lady Une. She looks incredible and I don't think you'd leave her behind without a good reason."

Heero looked at his friend coldly. He hated it when Quatre tried to read him especially when he was right as he often was. "I don't want to talk about it."

Quatre looked away. He still had a long way to go in getting Heero to trust him with information that made him feel vulnerable. "Well when you are ready, call me," he said hurtfully.

"Hey what's going out here?" Duo asked as he and Wufei came up. "Oh I see you were going to make your grand escape too? I know this great place."

"I'm not interested," Heero said as he started to walk away.

"Okay, but it's your loss. You're going to miss finding out what Lady Une said about you, " Duo added as he walked away. Heero paused in his actions. "I knew that would work."

"I think something else has his attention," Quatre suggested motioning to a woman walking toward them.

Serena Tsukino walked toward Heero slowly their eyes locked. She stopped once she breathable distance of him. "Well aren't you going to greet your mother, Odin."

Father Figure by George Michael

© 2001 Devon Masterson

Another Bond Girl Production

I think we all know who belongs to who, Gundam Wing belongs to a whole bunch of rich influential people. I just do this for fun. Everybody knows med/grad school candidates don't have money so suing me if pointless.