Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Childhood Reborn ❯ A New Gundam ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It was a beautiful Spring day. The sun was bright and warm, the grass was green and flowers blooming sending their beautiful aromas hither and thro. Trees were full and thick with leaves dancing in cool breeze. For this little forest deeply hidden within the Earth Colony, it was paradise.
 
Unfortunately up in the sky, paradise was not to be had.
 
“DAMN THOSE GUNDAM BRATS! WHERE THE HELL DID THEY GO!?”
 
“THEY ARE FREAKIN GUNDAM'S YOU HALF WIT, IT'S NOT LIKE THEY ARE INVISIBLE, KEEP LOOKING!!”
 
Without warning, enemy planes surrounded the skies. The sunlight that had been so bright before was clouded over by their exhaust. There had to be no more then 10 of them with at least 2 soldiers if not more on board, OZ soldiers, with a thirst for blood.
 
As they circled, without warning large missiles penetrated deep from within the trees taking aim at the planes. Immediately one got hit, the pilot and his co-pilot ejecting from their seats before they burnt to a crisp. Their aircraft blown to bits and falling quickly into the rapid flowing stream below it.
 
“YEAAH SCORE ONE FOR QUATRE!!!” A loud voice boomed out.
 
“Are the pilots alright?” A quieter meek voice was heard from within the forest.
 
“They ejected before the missile hit their plane, so they seem so.”
 
As if to calm the meek one, two other voices piped in as they readied themselves and took aim once again as the planes dove down trying to find them. Luckily they were safely concealed within the thick brush of trees and bush.
 
Meanwhile not too far yet safely out of the path of destruction voices could heard.
 
“ALL THOSE WHO ARE UNABLE TO FIGHT GRAB THE CHILDREN AND PUT THEM ALL INTO THE UNDERGROUND BARRICADE! EVERYONE ELSE GATHER YOUR WEAPONS AND GET INTO THE TRUCKS!!”
 
“Is it another attack on us miss?”
 
A woman looked up into the sky where the smoke could be seen and strobes of light and fire exploded into the sky.
 
“Doubtful, but I am not taking any chances.” She turned to another group. “Just to be safe, make sure the rooms are ready for any wounded, gather all medical supplies necessary. Those ready to go follow me in the trucks, I'll take my bike. By the looks of this fight, it can't be no more than 5-10 miles out.”
“Maybe we should just let it be since they aren't fighting us.”
 
The woman turned as she jumped onto her motorcycle.
 
“As I said before I am not taking chances. We have been caught into too much crossfire because of this war along with our own battles.” She looked up once again into the sky. “It's OZ, not doubt about it. Don't fire unless I give the okay! Right now we are just observing! Conceal yourselves as best you can!”
 
And with that off she sped.
 
Back at the air battle another enemy was brought down. This time the pilots had not been so lucky and their corpses were quickly taken away with the stream. They were down to 2 and the commander who had been listening closely to each relay message from an area very far away was growing fiercely angry by the second. Once again his need for control had been overtaken by the Gundam pilots. Pilots he wanted to take down for sometime.
 
“THAT IS IT!” He yelled slamming his hand down. “The time has come!”
 
“For what Sir?” A nervous attendant asked.
 
“Contact the base; tell them its time to give our newest creation a test run.” The aristocrat murmured. “Those Gundam children are the perfect subjects.”
 
The attendant began to sweat.
 
“Sir Treize are you sure?” He asked shakily. “Do you think its ready?”
“DON'T QUESTION MY AUTHORITY!” The man named Treize yelled. “DO IT NOW!”
 
The attendant nearly pissed his passed as he saluted.
 
“Yessir.”
 
A small snicker escaped Treize's lips.
 
“Yes, the perfect test subjects indeed.”
 
Back on the ground the planes kept coming. Now the Gundams were up in the sky, dodging the missiles and fire, fighting off the soldiers.
 
“Oh man, what chumps! Seriously, there are better things to do with my time!”
 
“OZ in your direction Wufei!”
 
“I'm on it Trowa!”
 
“TAKE THAT OZZIE!”
 
“MAXWELL YOU ARE GETTING ON MY NERVES!!!”
 
“Oh come on Heero you know this is fun!”
 
“I don't see how this is fun to you, Duo.”
 
“Sorry Quatre.”
 
The fight wore on for minutes more, when suddenly…
 
“ALL OZ SOLDIERS RETURN TO BASE, REPEAT RETURN TO BASE!”
 
The 5 pilots in the Gundams had easily picked up the enemies intercom system, so their ears had perked up when they heard the retreat order
 
“OH YEAH GO BACK CRYING TO MAMA TREIZE YOU WUSSES!!!”
 
“Finally, that fight was getting monotonous and we still have a mission to complete.”
 
Back on the ground…
 
“My God…Gundams…I never thought I would actually see one.”
 
“Are they OZ miss?”
 
“I don't think so, because those were OZ pilots just now that retreated.”
 
All thoughts were put on hold when the ground started to shake and a voice boomed into each Gundam.
 
“He He He…you think this fight is over pilots?”
 
“It's Treize!”
 
“What does that jerk want!?”
 
“You think you can just stop me whenever you wish, no matter what I throw at you. Well try this on for size.”
 
The shaking ground became more violent and soon began to crumble. Within minutes the gentle soil split and began to rise. The small group down below flurried away as the dirt gave way.
“Holy Crap! Is that…”
 
“Another Gundam.”
 
“Very good children.” The man named Treize echoed. “Meet my newest Gundam, many years of sweat and toil out of this one. The Scorpio…or the Scorpion as what the sign represents.”
 
The Scorpio was a large black and copper Gundam. It was indeed shaped as a scorpion, even though this one stood at the same height as the Gundams before it. It was shaped with the six legs and oversized tail.
 
“Meet your maker pilots.” Treize bellowed. “As you may have learned, scorpions are quite dangerous, venomous, it will crush and sicken you painfully, agonizingly, until you die. A perfect end to a complete menance”
 
The five pilots were stunned. But one could no longer take Treize's cackling.
 
“I've had enough!!!”
 
“HEERO WAIT!”
 
The Gundam burst out and began firing at the robotic insect. However, it was dodging the blows perfectly.
 
“Your measly little hits will do nothing to it young Yuy.” Treize said. “Allow my Gundam to demonstrate!”
 
Without warning the legs reached out and grabbed the large machine in all its arms. The young pilot felt the controls freeze on him, unable to move them. The next thing he knew the protective walls around his gundam were becoming crushed as sharp needles emerged, breaking the glass of the pilot's wing piercing the skin of his arms and body.
 
“HEERO!”
 
“YOU SON OF A…” The black Gundam with the scythe burst forth aiming for the head of the scorpion, but was suddenly counterattacked by the large tail as it swung forth and gave the Gundam and pilot a heavy blow while the other pilot that was being held in the scorpion's arms tried to regain control.
 
The three other Gundams then charged. Missiles burst and gas bombs then burst forth, but these weren't any kind of missiles neither they nor their gundams were used to resulting in mass destruction of the machines. It got worse when one of the gas bombs flew straight into the shield of the pilot's wing releasing its fumes and smoke making it hard for the pilot to breathe and see.
Needless to say, injuries became more and more as the young pilots tried to destroy the machine before them. But they barely made a dent in it. When it looked as though they could take no more, Treize spoke again.
 
“Finally after long last.” Treize said from his base as he stared into scope. He had uniquely found a way to control his newest Gundam virtually. The Gundams before him tried to move, to react but the pilots were suffering heavily, and on the brinks of unconsciousness. Now was time to release the ultimate weapon.
 
The Scorpio flew its arms out and opened its body. Deep inside was probably one of the largest machine guns anyone in history had seen and it was aimed at each pilot.
 
“Farewell pilots.”