Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Childhood Reborn ❯ Signs of Life ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Farewell pilots.”
 
“BANG!”
 
“WHAT THE HELL!”
 
The screen Treize had been looking into went completely black.
 
“Sir!?”
 
“GET ME BACK ON SCREEN IMMEDIATELY!” The aristocrat yelled down.
 
“Umm, Sir!”
 
“NO EXCUSES, NOW AND GET THE SOLDIERS BACK OUT THERE, FIND OUT WHATS GOING ON!!”
 
“Yessir”
Immediately the crew set to work on trying to get the eye of the Scorpio Gundam functioning once again. Meanwhile the 5 wounded pilots, exhausted and gasping for breath were trying to regain their strength, but were failing miserably.
 
“Guys…you…ok?”
 
“Can't..move.”
 
“Duo, Quatre, Wufie…say something.”
 
Moans and ragged breaths were all to be heard.
 
“Got…to…escape, emergency…release.”
 
The four other pilots slowly and instinctly move their hands to the levers.
 
Down on the ground a woman held her gun as some light smoke billowed from it, where it had just released a bullet moments before.
 
“Invisible eye…thank god for high powered binoculars.”
 
“I'm surprised those pilots didn't see it.”
 
“It was talking and plotting mass destruction which it just caused…would you?”
 
She looked up at the Scorpion that was frozen.
 
“Doesn't look to be controlled by a live pilot. Probably it's all virtual.”
 
She stepped out of the brush and into the destroyed clearing.
 
“Miss be careful!”
 
She didn't respond as she approached the other wrecked gundams. She pulled out her binoculars to see. Suddenly without warning the hoods of each machine opened up and blast into the sky. The next thing she knew 5 bodies were pulled down by parachutes.
 
“COME ON!! She yelled as she ran towards where the bodies were falling. With her heart in her throat she continued to run with her comrades behind her. Each pilot fell to the ground, safely and gently, but unmoving.
 
The group readied their weapons as the woman kneeled down to one of the pilots. She was amazed at how small they were; for Gundam Pilots she thought they had to be strong and all muscle to control such machines. Carefully she removed the helmet. For a moment she lost all words as she stared down at the wounded pilot.
 
“Dear God…he's…a child!?” She said. Slowly she brought her fingers down onto the blonde boy's neck to check for a pulse. The minute her fingers touched his skin did he begin to twitch and she felt a faint pulse.
 
“HE'S ALIVE!” She shouted in relief. Maybe there was hope. She turned to her group.
 
“Remove their helmets and check each one for life!”
 
Each man did as was told.
 
“This one's breathing!”
 
“Mine's unconscious, but his heart is beating!”
 
One by one each pilot shown tiny signs of life. The woman raced to each one to check their statuses. Quick inspection definitely showed signs of severe injury, but hadn't given up on living. Though she couldn't help the anger that clutched as she realized that each soldier could have been no more than 16, she was thankful they were trying to stay alive.
 
“Get a truck!!” She yelled. “We have no time to waste!!”
 
“But what about…those Ms. Jacinda.” One of the men pointed out. “And that thing…what if it comes back to life!?”
 
The woman cursed under her breath as one of her comrades went to get the truck. She had a feeling too OZ would probably be up to something…and soon. Suddenly an idea burst into her head.
 
“As far as the scorpion goes…hopefully my bullet gave that eye a good burst. But the Gundams…”
 
Her thoughts were interrupted by a loud racket. They all turned to see that one by one, the Gundams that had been piloted by each boy went down with a crash. Without each pilot to control its stance along with the massive damages they had sustained the machines went down like a ton of bricks only to be swallowed within the thick forest.
 
The woman raised her eyebrows.
 
“Well that was convenient.” She said just as the truck that would serve as their ambulance arrived. Carefully she took the blonde boy she had first checked and placed him on her back. The others followed suit and soon each boy was being carefully taken onto the back of the truck. Once everyone was on did it speed off away from the battlefield.